Chapter 1

Boy Meets Girl, What Next?

"YAA UNNIE!! I'm saying this again, I SWEAR I am not going to get into a relationship until I graduate!!" I threw my piece of bread onto the plate. My sister just laughed at me. Like anyone would even want to get together with me…

"Chaerin-ah, you'll eat your words once you meet a really good guy… like Hyunwoo..." She smiled and gazed into the air dreamily. I shook my head.

"You're too much of a hopeless romantic, I know you, little sis"

"Unnie what are you talking about?" Please don't tell me she saw me crying in front of my computer last night, please please please.

"Aww baby sis, don't be try to hide! Why else do you cry when you see touching love scenes on drama eh, eh?" My sister nudged me and winked.

"UNNIE FOR GOODNESS SAKE I DID NOT CRY  IT WAS JUST -"

"Why are you being so shy Chaerin, keke. You obviously did, I saw you! And it wasn't only once..." No way, she couldn't have caught me doing that, it was at 3am in the morning, oh god.

"Anyway, lady CL, college is where people already start dating or jump from one person to another to find their right one…"

"Yaa, you met Hyunwoo oppa on set remember? College isn't everything about finding a partner. Furthermore, you know how much I want to go to film school, unnie." I pulled a face and my sister rolled her eyes at me.

"Whatever, Lee Chaerin, now run along or you'll be late!" I rolled my eyes back at her, gave her a hug, took my bag and left the apartment.

 

My name is Lee Chaerin. I have a dream, a dream I have been holding onto for the longest time, a dream I am set on fulfilling. So what if everyone in college is dating each other? So what if I have never been in a relationship? So what if I'm a hopeless romantic? No boy is going to stop me from fulfilling my dream. At least I hope...

 

I got posted to Seoul National University and I am not the least prepared for college life. I decided to give orientation week a miss as I wanted to enjoy the last of my glorious holidays. I was so damn sure that everyone at school would already have their own group of friends and I was all prepared to be the loner in class. That's better; this way, I would be able to concentrate better in class and I would be able to do well and go to film school in London. Yesss, a step closer to my dream!

The bus arrived and I got on. It was jam packed with high school students either typing furiously or blabbering away on their phones, listening to music on their headphones, or having conversations with their friends. Oh, how I miss my bestfriend, Sandara Park. Dara was my neighbour and she was probably the only one I could open up fully to. She was my unnie but we hit off really well. She was popular and well-liked by everyone around while I, on the other hand was the cold and aloof ice queen. It shocked many people how two complete opposites can hit off so well but what they really didn't know was that I wasn't who I portrayed myself to be. We'd tell each other everything and shared almost anything. We treated our families and homes like our own. Dara's sister, Bom also hung out with us often and she'd bring her handsome boyfriend, Choi Seunghyun and they were so adorable together, both weird in their own ways. Sadly, Dara's family moved to the states a year ago, leaving me all alone in Korea.

Of course, I was devastated at the news and I made several attempts to persuade her family to stay in Korea. They were equally sad to leave us but they had no choice because Park Appa had to go over due to his work and he'd promise me that they would be back to visit whenever they can. My holidays were thus spent in front of the television watching dramas and reading one romance novel after another. (Yes my sister is right about me being a hopeless romantic but only Dara and Bom knew about this). I often went to visit my sister on set as well. Well, my sister is not really my sister, rather she's my cousin but because her mom ran away with another man and her dad went off with another woman, nobody wanted to take care of her and thus my mom took her in and took care of her like her own daughter. We were very close and treated each other like real blood sisters. My sister Yoo Inna, is the most sought after actress in the Korean entertainment industry.

Just then, the bus jerked violently and someone stepped on my feet.

"YAAA!!!" I screamed.

Then, like what would happen in typical K-dramas I always watched, a handsome young man immediately turned around. Oh my god, is this even real. Does such a handsome man really exist?

"Joseonghabnida joseonghabnida!! Miss, are you alright?! I didn't do it on purpose, joseonghabnida!!!!" He was flustered.

I wanted to smile and say "gwenchanna" but my mouth did otherwise. "It hurt and you soiled my shoes, you did it on purpose you skunk."

His jaw dropped. 

I rolled my eyes.

He frowned a little.

I frowned at him. , Lee Chaerin what are you doing.