Chapter 20

Chances With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A new week had already started and having arrived home from Jeonju, the girls decided to split and go to their own apartments to spend their time with their respective half. Yuri had been trying to make Yoona forget but she wasn't letting him go - not that she didn't trust him but Yuri was being extra clingy in a worrying manner.

Yoona was staring at Yuri with her arms crossed over her chest, still waiting for his explanation. She already predicted something like this since it had always been a pattern. The boys would be around for long periods of time before they leave for training in another country. 

“Well?” Yoona asked, tapping her foot.

Yuri gulped loudly, adjusting his t-shirt uncomfortably. Even after their months of dating, he still got a little intimidated when Yoona was all-business-no-fun. He was used to seeing the fun and enjoyable side of Yoona but of course, appreciated the other side as well.

“We.... Um...” Yuri stuttered, watching Yoona's feet coming closer and closer to where he was standing. “Yuri, look at me…” Yoona bent down and took Yuri's face in her hands, caressing his cheeks gently. 

Yoona saw Yuri's slight fear and doubt in his eyes, there was nothing more she wanted than to wipe it all away. If they were really going for training overseas, there could only be one thing that Yuri was afraid of - losing her to someone else when he was away. 

“Are you going somewhere for training?” Yoona asked, being as straightforward as possible.

Yuri nodded sadly. He didn't want to go. If he could find a way to avoid going, he would do it no matter what the consequences were. Then again, he was thought to be disciplined and steadfast in his duties ever since he was a little boy along with the rest.

“Technically, you're still my bodyguard so I think it's only right that you go for it...” Yoona said in a solemn manner, she didn't want to make it any harder for Yuri.  

As depressing as it sounded, their contracts were still valid and the 4 guys still served the 4 girls as their bodyguards. It was ridiculous, clearly. Their boyfriends were still bodyguards but there was hardly any way out of it, especially when Mr Kwon was in the States. 

“Yeah, it's not like I can anything about the old man...” Yuri mumbled under his breath, eyes glaring at nothing in particular. 

Yoona let out a sigh when she heard Yuri's words; it was going to be tough for her to convince Yuri to go with a calm and stable mind. Up till now, Yuri hadn't opened up about what happened between his family and it was starting to make her worry more day by day. 

Yuri bit his lip to hide his laugher, looking at Yoona's unconscious pout. He had no clue as to why Yoona fell in love with him but maybe for once, he would prove that he was more worthy than anyone else. 

“Hey, look at me...” Yuri cupped Yoona's face, tilting her chin to face him, “I promise, when I come back, I will tell you everything you want to know.”

The doe-eyed girl brought one hand up, cupping Yuri's cheek. She caressed it lovingly, eyes matching his. Yoona let out a small smile, “I don't need to know anything. I just don't want you to carry the burden by yourself; I don't like it. I know how you tend to shoulder everything and try to protect everyone around you. I'm touched but I am not a princess, I'm your girlfrie-- Mmm, Yul...”

“Shhh, just shut up and go along with it...” Yuri mumbled before claiming Yoona's lips once more. 

This cheeky bastard…

Yoona smiled in between kisses, wrapping her arms around Yuri's neck tightly. She loved the way Yuri kissed her lovingly instead of those guys who just want to shove their tongues down girls' throats. Yuri cupped her face, deepening the kiss as Yoona's fingers tangled into Yuri's soft, short hair. Their lips moved in sync, so did their tongues as they poured out their passion for each other. 

“Mm... Yul, stop...” Yoona placed one hand on Yuri's chest, pushing him slightly. “Why...” Yuri whined and pouted before burying his face into her neck, pressing feathery kisses along her milky white column.

Yoona's mouth fell open slightly as she tilted her head, her eyes rolling back into her head at the immense satisfaction. Yuri always had a way to get her all worked up but he never did more than that because he gave her respect and it was one of the reasons why Yoona loved him so much. 

“Stop being such a baby.” Yoona pecked Yuri's lips before holding his arms, unwrapping them from around her waist. Yuri pouted and slumped to the couch, crossing his arms sulkily. Yoona sighed and shook her head, going to her poor boyfriend again. 

“If you're gonna continue sulking, you can sleep on the couch tonight.”

Yuri leaped from the couch in urgency and whined, “NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”

Yoona giggled and pecked Yuri's lips, immediately removing the pout on Yuri's face. Yuri just smiled goofily and sat back down on the couch, taking the game controller from the table. The doe-eyed girl was flabbergasted at how fast Yuri's mood had changed but she couldn't help but let out a small grin, seeing how Yuri was still playing his Call Of Duty without a care in this world.

“I'll cook breakfast for you, enjoy your game…”

Yuri nodded cutely and gave Yoona's bum a pinch, making her glare at him.

“One more time and you'll sleep outside.”

Yuri quickly covered his ears with his hands, dropping the controller immediately. Yoona smirked victoriously before laughing out loud in the kitchen. Making fun of Yuri was one of her favourite past times now and she knew, she would win no matter what the circumstance was. 

“You love me too much to let me sleep outside!”

“Oh, shut up!”

Yoona didn't want to let Yuri go but firstly, it was Yuri's job. Secondly, he was going to come back to her and pour out his true feelings. Why not take the chance and allow Yuri to let go of whatever's bothering him? 

 

 

-

 

 

Tiffany had been staying in her own apartment ever since Yoona's birthday party since she wanted to clear some boxes and since Jesse couldn't be away from his beloved girlfriend for too long, he stayed with her as well. 

Jesse looked at Tiffany who was watching TV with a satisfied smile on her face. She always loved her Game Of Thrones and because Jesse volunteered to accompany her this time, it only made it better. Well, how was he to break the news of them leaving for training in a few days' time? 

“Baby?”

“Yeah?” Tiffany answered, eyes still glued to the screen.

“Can you come here for a while?”

Tiffany turned to her left and found Jesse with his arms open, a welcoming smile on his face. She leaped into his arms, leaning her head against his chest. Jesse chuckled and hugged her closer to him, taking in a deep whiff of her scent. Damn, it was going to make him miss her even more now. “You okay?” Tiffany lifted one hand, rubbing the side of Jesse's neck. “Why the sudden question?” Jesse giggled, looking at his adorable girlfriend. 

“I don't know, you seem a little.... clingy today.”

“Don't you like it?” Jesse teased, pinching Tiffany's nose. 

Tiffany blushed and slapped Jesse's chest, hiding her smile as she snuggled closer to his neck. She was enjoying the comforting atmosphere when Jesse's phone rang, interrupting their precious time together. Tif

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter