Stay with me

I'm a Fool II : The Mind Game [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YOUR POV

 

I very much unwillingly woke up to the annoying sound of my phone buzzing on my nightstand. I tiredly rubbed my eyes, groaning when it didn't stop. Just who the hell dared to disturb me at such an early hour? It was 5 a.m. for Pete's sake! Luckily the caller wasn't in front of me, otherwise it would have only meant murder. But my sleepy self was soon shaken up when I noticed that my phone hadn't been buzzing like crazy because someone had been calling, but because I myself had set an alarm. I shot up from my lying position, turning around to make sure the vibrating hadn't interrupted my twin brother's sleep.I sighed in relief when I noticed he was still sound asleep and silently tip-toed towards my bathroom.I took a hot shower to wash away the coldness of winter and slipping on my bathrobe, I stepped out to softly walk towards my wardrobe, not wanting to wake my tired brother up. I grabbed a black loose button up blouse and a pair of black tight fitting pants, completing the look with a pair of black high heels. I cautiously headed out of my bedroom just to hold back a shriek when I bumped into a very angry Chunji.

"What the hell woman?! Do you know what time is it?! Why are you disturbing my wonderful rest?!??" He hissed. I rolled my eyes, he just had to be thankful it was a special day and that I wasn't as annoyed as he was to wake up so early, if not we would have had another one of those daily arguments.

"Sshhhh!" I shushed him, gently closing the door to my bedroom. "Do you want to wake Byunghun up??" I scolded glaring at him. After all my efforts in being careful I wasn't going to let anyone disturb his sleep. 

"Yeah yeah whatever. It's not like your brother will wake up anyways. He's such a heavy sleeper! The fact that he hasn't woken up after all the noise you've made is an evidence." He stated crossing his arms and tapping his foot.

"I didn't make any noise!" I defended earning a doubtful look from him. "Oh sure and I'm Obama. Of course you did! Otherwise I wouldn't have woken up to the sound of you slipping and cursing at the soap that apparently had decided to play a trick on you." I groaned in defeat. Okay, so maybe I had accidentally slipped while entering the shower, and maybe I had thrown a curse here and there, but I was quite sure the soap had wanted to play me a trick, and a very dirty one at that, and it wasn't like I had come out unharmed, seeing that now I had a very big bruise on my right -cheek.

"Alright alright, maybe I'm a little guilty but I swear, that little thing shouldn't have been there! It was all planned by its evil mind!" He chuckled and patted my head. "Yeah right, it was its evil mind..." He laughed but soon turned back serious "Just go. I know what day is today. Be careful okay?" He said kissing my forehead while squeezing my shoulders comfortingly. I nodded as he smiled at me and left, walking back to his room. I sighed and headed out after having grabbed a black coat and a black purse.

 

 

"It's snowing" I whispered to myself staring up at the white sky. "She would have loved this day..." I looked at my phone and sighed once again. 15th of January, year 2014. It had already been three years...So much time had passed. It felt like yesterday when everything started to change, when my life became miserable, when Luhan started to fool around.

"A bouquet of lilies, wrap it nicely please" I politely demanded the florist, who nodded eagerly and started working immediately. I bowed at her before leaving and slightly jumped when my phone buzzed again, signaling I had received a text. I rummaged in my purse, careful on not to ruin the splendid work the florist had done and almost squealed in accomplishment when I actually had fished out my phone without damaging anything.

-Today's meeting has been postponed, so take a day off, you need it! Lub you my chingu~~

I shook my head at Baekhyun's text and frowned. Was it okay to leave him alone for a day? Knowing him he would have behaved like a little kid without someone to tame him, though I was aware of his good ability in dealing with clients and lure them to do whatever he wanted. After all he was quite charismatic and that wasn't something anyone could deny. Concerned I decided to call him to make sure he would have been alright without me.

"Hello my chinguuuuu~~~" Baekhyun chirped happily from the other line. I chuckled at his dorkiness. Just where did he get all that energy at 6 a.m.???

"Yah Are you sure you can manage without me? I don't think it's safe to leave you alone, I'll be there at 9 like usual--"

"Look at you yah-ing at your boss when just yesterday you were being all 'I'm your secretary, I should behave like one'. I promise I'll be good okay? Beside today there's actually nothing to do, I could let everyone take a day off-"

"Don't be stupid, there's always something to do when you own a big business. Don't think I don't know. Do I have to remind you that my family owns one as well? And even if you didn't have anything to do you could move forward with tomorrow's work. I think I'll just come today-"

"Yah Lee Jieun. I'm your boss and I'm telling you to take a day off. I know what day is today and I think I'll have to take a day off as well for that. So what is my secretary doing at her desk when I myself am not there?" He scolded making me roll my eyes. I had to admit that when he wanted he could be quite the dealer. I quickly elaborated something to shoot back because that little evil thing, which happened to be my boss, wouldn't have ever won an argument against me. Not when I was a competitive type of person.

"Precisely because I'm your secretary I should be-"

"Lee Jieun. I swear I'll fire you if you come today. Now don't waste anytime and do what you have to do." He threatened and hung up before I could retort anything. I huffed at his action and glared at the phone screen not wanting to admit to myself that Byun Baekhyun had actually acted wisely.

"Aissh this guy..." I shook my head disapprovingly and started walking, carefully holding onto the flowers, the sadness dawning back on me. I should have been happy, I loved winter, I loved sno

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter