Shattered

I'm a Fool II : The Mind Game [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Does this choice make you happy?" He asked trying to hide the bitterness behind his voice. However I knew him too well to not notice it and it hurt. It hurt because I knew he was in pain in that moment, and I was the cause of it. I bit my lip in guilt. I couldn't even imagine how it felt to be forgotten by your loved one, especially when you were always by their side, figures getting to know that your loved one not only had just remembered you but was going to get married as well. 
How could I even forget about him? How could I even fall in love with someone else? It was so cruel...
Yet I couldn't help it, I couldn't help the happiness that had surged through me when Luhan had proposed, I couldn't help the excited answer I had given him, I couldn't help loving Luhan.

Looking up at him I took a deep breath, afraid to reply. Because I knew my answer would hurt him even more. I watched as he ruffled his hair in frustration, "Jieun will you please stop thinking your answer will hurt me? It's not like I'm made of fragile glass okay? I've seen you with Luhan hyung for four years and do I look like I have any psychological disorder? No. I'm still standing here, still able to casually talk with you, still able to make a decent conversation. Jieun, just don't worry about me okay? I've had four years to forget you, for Pete's sake! Now, will you please answer honestly? Will marrying him make you happy? Is that the right choice? Are you happy with him?" 

"Yes." I breathed out not daring to look at him in the eyes. I heard him heaving a sigh as his shoes appeared in my sight. He crunched down in front of the sofa on which I was sitting and gently grabbed my fidgety hands. 

"Yah Lee Jieun. Look at me. Do I look so scary today that you won't even glance at me uh?" I carefully lifted up my gaze. "That's more like it. This is the brave Jieun I know. Now, why are you feeling guilty about your happiness? I didn't ask you if you were happy to make you regret your decision, okay? I asked you because since I'm your bestfriend it's my duty to make sure you're listening to your heart and trying your best to be happy. So, seeing as you're doing great, I don't need to worry. Just make sure to let me know if he does something wrong. Arasso?" He patted my head reassuringly while I could only nod away. Saying I was out of words at Chanhee's kindness was an understatement, he was so understanding that I could feel tears welling up. He was that kind of person who was so caring and understanding that could overwhelm you. It was so unfair that someone as good as him had to fall in love with someone as cruel and selfish as me. 

"Yah yah yah, why are you crying?" He suddenly scolded upon noticing a teardrop I hadn't managed to hold back. Using his thumb, he gently wiped it off. 

"Can I ask you something?" 

"You're already doing it" I glared at him for his oh so funny answer, making him raise his hands up in a sign of surrender. 

"But you have to answer honestly okay? Otherwise I'll rip your throat off." I threatened. He gulped and nodded, signaling me to go on. 

"Do you still...you know...have feelings for me?" Oh gosh, it was getting so freaking awkward. I didn't remember ever being awkward with Chanhee and that surely felt freaking strange. Suddenly I regretted being so straightforward. Why was he staring at me but not answering? It just made me feel all the more uncomfortable. Despite being in my bestfriend's house, which had been mine as well for two months, I wanted desperately to escape. 

"I don't think so. You know, at first it wasn't easy and I wanted to just get away from the pain, but I treasured our friendship more than anything, even more than our relationship, and I forced myself to get over you and to stay by your side as your bestfriend. Of course I struggled a lot but with time, I slowly got used to you being with Luhan, and I guess somewhere in the process my heart got used as well. Sure, I still love you dearly as a friend. You're still very precious to me, but in the way a friend does. I'm not sure wether my heart just got used to this or I really did get over you, but in this moment I just want you to be happy because you've been through so much and you deserve nothing but happiness in your life. Promise me to be happy, to be more selfish and to put yourself before others Jieun, otherwise I won't bless you and Luhan." 

And I promised. 

 

AUTHOR's POV

Why wasn't he answering the phone?
 She could understand that he was a very busy person, she really could, but every single time she called him, he wouldn't pick up and whenever she suggested spending some time together, he would refuse, saying he couldn't because he had already some appointments. It wasn't like she asked a whole day with him, she simply wanted to snuggle up with him on the couch while watching a good movie together, which would take away merely two hours of his time, or just having a dinner based on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter