[Loving] You

You, Me, U̶s̶

The presence of a lion, all eyes turn to you. The type of kindness and nature you possess, everyone has a long-lasting infatuation with you, and with your incredibly sweet voice, I fell for it.

Music comes first, this was the class where I had discovered your beautiful talent. It's also where a majority of the people started falling for you, too. And I look forward to it most of the time just to hear you once more.

The day has barely started, yet there you are already surrounded by a sea of people, greeting and receiving occasional pats on the back with the usual sayings of "Good morning, Jungkookie" with your fellow peers and classmates. Well, at least that's what everyone calls you; but not me. I on the other hand prefer to call you by your full name; Jungkook. I don't know why, but maybe it's because I don't feel that I have the honour to call you by your nickname since we're hardly friends, strictly speaking, I have never even talked to you at all.

It makes me feel desolated thinking about it again, however, it's okay, because i'm used to it.

I fumble with my pen as I sit with my head faced down on my desk, whilst the majority of the class is on the other side. And here I am, in the corner on my own, like I always am. It's as if the world looks through me like i'm transparent, like i'm non existent, and that me, myself, is invalid.

My head lifts up from the desk and my eyes quickly catch glance at you for a brief moment before looking down again, and within that fraction of a second, my heart immediately skips a beat.

I don't know what it is that made me fall for you. Your laugh, your smile, your generosity, or the fact that you're everything I wish to be. You have this charisma where for some reason, wherever you go, people's heads turn and their eyes naturally follow you. But I know that there's a lot more to you than having a pretty face.

You have a kind heart. The type of which where your liberality and good will to everyone around you will fall for. Even if it's just the simplest act of smiling at someone in the mornings or giving someone a helping hand. You're different compared to the other boys, and I adore that about you. I remember once you had defended a girl in the hallway who was getting picked on by another bunch. They were taunting her, laughing, pushing her and her books down to the floor. She was scared; about to cry any moment, and I was the bystander, the witness, the oberver hidden in the corner doing nothing about it. And then you came with your shining armour, saving the damsel in distress. You were the perpetrator in the scene. The rest scurried away, giving up in defeat. You turned to face the girl and with your concerned eyes, you helped her up, asking if she was okay. She nodded quietly, not even sparing a thankful look at you for once second because she was so shy, I could see it in your eyes that you thought she didn't appreciate it, but her flushed rosy cheeks told otherwise.

A hint of jealousy fled through me for a moment as I was looking at the two of you interact with each other. It sounds selfish of me, but it's only natural to feel such a thing. I was like her, and she was like me, and deep down inside, I was hoping that we would someday end up talking to each other like that, but with a bit more intimacy. You, acting nervous with your elbow bent as you lightly scratched the back of your neck in a cool pose whilst giggling, and me, books tightly clenched in my hands and smiling uncontrollably at our conversation. However, that is only in my imagination.

You say you like the number one. You were born on September 1st. Number one like you are, on the top of everyone else, coming first in everything, never last. The gold medal hanging off your neck, itself shining underneath the light that's lit over you,  and you stand having pride written all over your face with another dose of achievement as your prize. You are number one in my eyes.

"To be number one, running like the wind. Playing hard, but always playing fair."

Red. Your most adored colour. Red is a strong colour, vibrant, powerful. It can represent anger, rage, wickedness, evil, it can provoke people to feeling such negative emotions. It can be used a sign of danger, a hazard to say to not approach a particular thing. Yet, on the contrary side, it is also used to represent love. A well-known and common emotion. The lively crimson red illustrates a flaming and substantial spark that only flows between two people tied up together, loving each other for dear life. Creating a bridge between two souls. That is love. It is also similar to the feelings I have with you, but the strings are too loose between us for me and you to be even call it that. I just wish you would tie the knot.

"Crimson cheeks and spilled blood. Broken hearts, opened veins. A burning desire to return to white."

Standing, you are fairly tall. Much more than me. Which is probably why so many people look up to you as a person. Your strange habits of sniffling and wriggling your fingers often are things I consider cute. The way your ebony hair is naturally tousled up, and it's layers showing when the wind blows. Your adorable smile that I love in particular.

Wherever you went, the capacity was always full. A perfect life, you have. Loving family, great friends, you're everything i'm not. Everyone knows you, inside and out. When girls hear your name, their stomachs tighten and turn in to a twist whilst their knees get weak. When it comes to choosing teams, you're the first one that gets picked by the boys. Whatever you do, you always get appreciated for it and adored by people. And I am one of them, caught up in the inescapable tangles and knots of your sweet yet inevitable charms.

But there's another aspect of you that I love. It was something that inspired and motivated me. You have a dream, too. A dream where people say it's impossible to barely even touch, but that's when you rule it out and say the sky's the limit. Your dream is your talents, your skills, your flaming passion for that one thing, and the inspiring quote that went with it.      

You're ridiculously artistically skilled and talented. A rapper, dancer, and a singer;they call it a triple threat. I remember the first time seeing such peculiar motions. Before you had even started, the whole audience had fell silent just by your presence, and so, the warmness of the spotlight fell on you, and you were then under the lime light. The music had begun, and I could already feel it's strong beat and rhythm pounding in harmony to the pulse of my heart. Thus, you took a deep breath in, and went ahead. I was amazed. The way you spinned and moved your body so elegantly with dignity by your side as if you owned the entire stage, you radiated off a powerful image that glues everyones eyes to your every single precise movement, leaving them breath taken and completely endured within the moment before you struck a final, strong pose, earning a round of applause from every single individual that was within the room, their thoughts impressed and theirselves struck in awe. You were poised, sophisticated, and most of all, confident in your self. Something of which I lack. There were other acts doing the exact same thing whilst underneath the vivid lights, but you, compared to them, were the one that shone the brightest.

"I'd rather die than live without a passion" you say.

But your voice was the one that made me know the definition of perfection. You sat there with your steedy guitar in your lap with nothing but a mic and an audience in front of you. I could see you were nervous, but not nervous enough to have backed down. With faith in your self, your eagerness and confidence had taken over. One by one, you gently plucked it's individual strings with your fingers with deep concentration until it had come together as a smooth euphony of notes, you quickly picked up the pace of which you were playing at. I leaned in, my ears perked up. Your mouth had met the tip of the mic, and as soon as your lips parted, an endless series of synchronized notes all flowed together in perfect harmony. To me and everyone else, it was astounding, perplexing, and so sentimental that it left me bewildered at the fact that how could anyone be so flawless? The lyrics you sung put my feelings in a whirl, your sweet voice was the only thing I was concentrating on at that moment, and I would love to listen to it again. I know for a fact that you had never failed to seize anyones liking for you, and your performance had left everyone's heart captured.

 

Lead me;

Take me to the place where you are, take me with you

I'll follow you even if it's at the end of the world

Please don't escape from my sight, don't disappear even when morning comes

The walk I dream of, you are my one and only beautiful butterfly

 

Those were the words that you sung.

It was an exquisite sound, filled with sweet melodies and tranquility of the likes. I couldn't take my eyes off you. It was beautiful. You, were beautiful.

 

 

A u t h o r s  n o t e:  Some quotes in speech marks written here aren't personally mine or made up by me; they're some of my favourite quotations that i've heard, one of the lines have been taken from a song, too. Btw, the lyrics from the song is the lyrics from EXO's  song 'Don't go'. Just thought i'd let you know. Hope you enjoyed the first chapter. Comment please! Thank you.