Chapter 1

Arranged Love

The bell rang signaling the end of school, today was a Friday which meant freedom for the rest of the students, but not for Kim Jinah. Earlier this morning her father had informed her of a dinner with his best friend. He said that it was a very important dinner and she needed to attend it. But honestly she did not care about it, she just wanted to go home and sleep until the next day.

Jinah packed her bag and exited the classroom, walking down the hallway of the school. What she did not see was the male who followed behind her. He walked quietly and quickly to catch up to the girl. His hands covered her eyes.

“Guess.” He said, his voice a couple octaves higher to mask his original voice.

To her it was no mystery who the male was; no one else in the school would talk to her because of her emotionless personality, except for the transfer student from china, Luhan.  Her lips formed a small smile, glad that she at least had one friend within the school that didn’t get offended by her ways.

“Hmmm… Luhan.” She said, confident of her answer.

His hands were removed and she was able to see again, she turned around to see the deer like male smiling.

She couldn’t deny that the other was indeed handsome and she couldn’t blame a lot of girls that hated her for being friendly with him. Luhan had sat beside her during lunch on his first day of school. He already had fan girls the moment he stepped in the school. They tormented her for a while, but Jinah ignored them and soon they stopped.

“Are you busy tonight?” He asked, cutting her train of thoughts of their first meeting.

“Yeah, I have to go to this stupid dinner with my dad and his best friend.” She sighed and crossed her arms, frowning at the thought of spending her night with two grown men.

“Aww… you can text me when you get bored.” He said, smiling.

“Thanks.”Jinah said.

The two began walking home, chatting non-stop. Luhan was like suho to her, someone she could talk to freely and take off the mask that she wore. When she was near her home, she bid luhan goodbye.

Walking down the street and entered her house. Jinah dropped her bag on the couch on the way to the kitchen. She grabbed some snacks and went back to the living room to start on her homework.

 

____________________________________Arranged Love_______________________________________

 
 

Here she was sitting at a table of four. Jinah was sitting beside her father, feeling uncomfortable with the dress that she was forced to wear. For the past couple minutes she had been fixing her dress, trying to stop it from riding up, but in the end she gave up,

“Why is he taking so long? He should be here before us, not the other way around.” Jinah complained, obviously annoyed that they had been waiting for more than 20 minutes, her stomach had grumbled not too long ago.

“They’ll be here, I’m sure that something came up that cause them to be late.” Mr. Kim assured his daughter and smiled.

Mr. Wu walked into the restaurant embarrassed and frustrated, but mostly embarrassed. He had kept his guest waiting far too long because of his son, if he wasn’t such a troublemaker and delayed him; he would have gotten here much earlier.

Mr. Kim noticed his friend walking towards him; he stood up and motioned his daughter to stand up as well. He walked towards the man and greeted him, it had been a long time since the two have seen each other and they couldn’t wait to catch up with their lives. Mr. Kim introduced his daughter to Mr. Wu and vice versa.

“You’re late Mr. Wu.” Jinah said.

Her father sent a glare to his daughter, embarrassed that she had to be so straight forward now. Jinah bit her lips and quieted down, knowing if she said more, her father would be pissed at her later,

Mr. Wu laugher and smiled, holding out his hand to the girl, “My son caused a bit of trouble, am sorry for being late. You are so much like your mother Miss Kim”

A bit of trouble was not the right term to describe what his son had done. Good thing he had not come along was on his mind.

Jinah took his hand and shook it, thanking him for the compliment and also apologizing for her attitude. She knew that if she didn’t her father would be lecturing her more.

The two men talked to each other, she ignored their conversation and paid attention to the food in front of her. She remembered that luhan had told her to text him when she was bored, good thing because now was the right time.

Her fingers tapped away on the screen, sending the text after she finished typing it. ‘I’m so bored luhaaaann, I don’t know what they are talking about... Luhan’

“Jinah, can you put your phone away… we need to talk to you about something important.” Her father said, she quickly put her phone under her leg and looked up with questioning eyes.

“Well… “Her father began

“My son isn’t here at the moment, but this dinner was meant for you two to meet each other.” Mr. Wu continued.

Jinah sat there not understanding what was going on. Why did she and Mr. Wu’s son have to meet? Her mind wondered what was going on. She looked over to her father who just gave her a smile.

“This has been planned since before you two were born, so nothing will change our mind.” Her father said.

Planned? Jinah thought, what was planned? , She was still confused, what were they talking about.

“Planned? What do you mean planned?” She questioned.

“Miss Kim, You are to marry my son Kris “Mr. Wu said.

Jinah looked at the two men, her eyes darting back and forth her dad and Mr. Wu. She couldn’t believe she this was happening.

“MARRIED!?” she screamed, standing up.