Shopping With Wu Yifan (Part II)

My Stupid Step Brother

- Shopping With Wu Yifan (Pt II) -

 

Shoes

"Can't you just buy everything at the same damn store?!" 

rolled my eyes. "Can't you ever stop complaining? You're like a bratty child... oh wait, I forgot! That's exactly what you are." 

Yifan glared and we shuffled into the store. A sales lady pounced on us as soon as we'd entered. She looked quite young and pretty. By the look on his face, Yifan agreed. 

"Nice to meet you," the woman extended her arm towards my stepbrother. I inwardly scoffed. I'm the customer, not him! 

"The pleasure's all mine," Yifan spoke, his voice smooth as silk. ing playboy!

The lady, Kim Taesu her nametag read, ushered us towards the mens aisle. "Would you like any measurments done? Or perhaps try ons?" 

I giggled slightly. It sounded so damn suggestive. Yifan nudged my shoulder and smiled politely to her. “I’m afraid we’re not here for me, Miss Taesu.”

The lady blushed at being called by her name and then shifted her eyes awkwardly towards me. “A-Ah, yes. I’ll get you an employee, one second.” And then she ran off, probably fangirling in her mind.

“Well, that was eventful,” Yifan whistled lowly and began checking out the Reeboks.

I smirked. “You seemed like you liked her, huh?”

Who knows what I expected but I thought I’d at least get a blush out of the jerk. I was wrong.

He smirked totally cooly. “That’s where you’re wrong. She liked me.”

Yifan winked and strolled off. 

 

In the end, I bought five pairs of shoes. 

"Don't you love the sneakers? They're so glittery." I giggled, eyeing my new pair of sparkling reeboks. 

Yifan rolled his eyes. "Did you have to put them on as soon as you'd bought them?" 

I made a face back at the giant. "Of course I did! I couldn't just walk around town in my old ripped converse." As soon as Yifan had swiped his card, I'd taken the sneakers out of the bag and pulled them onto my feet. The two pairs of heels, sandals, and the low boots lay ignored. 

Yifan puffed his cheeks in annoyance and strolled to the car. I almost felt bad for spending so much money. 

Almost... 

 

Clothes

"Ceox?" 

I frowned. "Why do you say it like that?" 

"Cause this is a crap store." Yifan's face remained unexpressionless. Before I could retort, he walked inside. 

 

"Buy this!" He threw a far-too-large beanie at my head. I caught it before scowling. 

"Just how big do you think my head is!" 

"Way too big for that pea sized brain of yours." Yifan cackled. I ignored him and continued with my shopping. 

 

I had almost given up on getting anything at all when my eyes caught the perfect dress. 

"Oh. My. God." 

Yifan cocked a brow before turning away from his phone. He hadn't faced me since we'd got to the store. "What's wrong?"

"I found it!" My voice came out shrill and high. 

Yifan grimaced but I paid him no attention and shuffled off to the changing room. He followed me like a lost puppy.

“Stay.” I commanded, half teasing. 

He glared but remained in his spot.

I closed the dressing room door and checked the lock four times. Ever since I was younger, I’d been afraid of people seeing me unclothed. The thought made me anxious as hell.

Excitedly, I began to strip off my cardigan and light blue dress. As I once again picked up the blue peplum dress, I couldn’t help but smile and examine it more. It was just so beautiful.

Hard knocks rang on the door as my heart jumped. “Yah, Kim Minji! Open this door! Now!!!”

I scoffed. “Go to hell, Yifan! How are you even in here?”

“Minji, I’m ing serious! Come out now; there’s a fire in the store.”

I rolled my eyes. “Yeah okay, like I’d believe you! Stupid liar!”

Yifan grew quiet for a while and I smirked, thinking he’d left. The smile on my face vanished all together though as the door suddenly flung open. My eyes widened and a shriek left my mouth.

“Shut the ing door, Wu Yifan!” I shouted as Yifan shielded his eyes, his ears pink. I was too busy blushing like crazy in nothing but my black lace and matching bra that I didn’t notice the smoke rising to the ceiling. Only when Yifan pointed upwards, eyes still clenched shut, did I realize he’d been telling the truth.

“P-Put something on! Quickly,” Yifan barked. I scrambled to find my dress but it seemed to be stuck inside of the bench. I frowned and tried to pull it out but all went to vain.

ing – MinjI!” Yifan yelled, his deep voice scaring me. Giving up on the dress, I glanced at the old boxers shorts someone had left inside. I quickly pulled them on, before tugging on Yifan’s sleeve.

“Don’t open your eyes,” I warned. “But give me your jacket.”

Yifan didn’t even question it and just took it off and handed it over. I pulled it over my almost body and zipped it up.

“L-Let’s go!” I yelled to him. Yifan finally opened his eyes and looked at my appearance. Surprisingly, he didn’t make a comment and grabbed my hand.

“Hurry.” He said before pulling me out of the dressing room. Outside, the store looked blurry. Occasional flames could be seen but I could mostly feel the smoke going up my nose and blinding me. I was getting lightheaded as we ran through the receptionist’s desk. Yifan must’ve noticed because soon, I felt his huge hand covering my nose just enough to give me oxygen. I mentally made a note to thank him tons later.

When we finally made out of the burning store, I heaved a long tired breath, coughing like a mad woman. My vision had gone blurry but I could see how Yifan’s eyes had gone red as he scratched them uncontrolobly. I felt the need to go comfort him but I couldn’t bring my feet to do so. A pair of medics spotted us and quickly ushered us into an ambulance.

“Call her parents, she’s overheated.” I heard an unknown voice speak.

“I-I have to come with her.” Yifan’s trembling voice was the last thing I heard before I lost consciousness.