Chapter 4

Will you be my friend?

 

Three figures walking home from shopping at night. Being the gentlewoman she is, Sooyoung offered to carry all the bags. Actually,

all the bags belong to Tiffany.

 

" Did you bought the whole mall?" she complained.

 

" I got to wear the perfect look during the competition.."

 

" And all this shopping just for that?" Sooyoung asked in disbelief.

 

" I couldn't make up my mind.." 

 

" So you bought the entire store!" Jessica butted in while chuckling.

 

" Jessie~"

 

" Tiff~" They both laughed.

 

 

" We're here.." Sooyoung said when they already reached in front of Tiffany's house. Tiffany took all the bags and walk to the front

door before someone stopping her.

 

" Hey Fany~ Don't you have anything to say to me?" Sooyoung asked.

 

" What?" Tiffany asked knowingly.

 

" Do I have to tell you..?" 

 

" Not so fast.." Tiffany whispered seductively.

 

" Fifteen years is not fast..Right, Sica?.."

 

" Sica?" Sooyoung glanced behind her to look for the girl and noticed the blonde already half way to her own house next to Tiffany's.

 

" Hey Sica! Do you think fifteen years is fast? " Still she asked loudly. Jessica stopped on her tracks without turning.

 

" Even fifteen years weren't enough.." She answered loudly making sure the tall girl hear and continue walking.

 

" Huh?" Sooyoung looked confused with the words and glanced back at Tiffany.

 

" Why can't girls ever give a simple answer to a simple question?" she asked make Tiffany laughed.

 

" Bye~ Goodnight Soo.." she said and turns around but being stopped by Sooyoung who held her wrist.

 

" That's not how we say good night in London.."

 

" Hey Miss America, so tell me how do you say good night in London?" 

 

" You can't be so far away.." Sooyoung stepped closer. She brushed a strand of hair on Tiffany's forehead. 

 

" Your eyes can't be opened.." she moved her fingers on the girl's eyes making her closed them. Then she brushed her finger slightly

on her lips but Tiffany held her hand. Sooyoung kissed the latter's hand on hers. They stared at each other before Tiffany broke it and

walked off. She turns around again and saw Sooyoung giving her a flying kiss.

 

" Goodnight.." the taller whispered.

 

" Goodnight.." Tiffany leaving with a wide smile leaving Sooyoung grinning.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

The Jung's house is in chaos because the elders are gathering to have their Sunday's breakfast. That's how they usually do. They

talking about random things.

 

" There's this really good proposal.." Mrs Jung said suddenly.

 

" Have you gone mad? How can I get married a second time when you're still alive?" Mr Jung joked.

 

" Oh be quiet! Do you have to joke all day long?" Mr Hwang butted in while chuckling.

 

" How can there be a proposal for you? It's for Jessica.." he continued.

 

" Yeah. Nice people, they're from London. They own 3 restaurants. The girl is nice.." Mr Choi stated.

 

" What..?"

 

" Really.."

 

" Hear that? Proposals for Jessica from London. After all, whose daughter is she?" Mr Jung claimed proudly. Just then, Jessica going

down the stairs.

 

 

" Sica honey! wait up!" Mrs Jung called for her.

 

" What's it mom? I'm in a hurry..I have to meet Youngie at 9.30.."

 

" Listen..here's a proposal for you.."

 

" Oh mom~ How many times do I have to say it? I'm not ready to get married.."

 

" Alright.." Mr Jung stated understandingly.

 

" Hear me out. A proposal from London!" Mrs Jung said and that makes Jessica taken aback.

 

" From London?" Jessica broke into a smile thinking a certain someone.

 

" Yes dear..they're our very close friends. Kim Taeyeon is their daughter.." Mrs Choi said. Jessica sighed.

 

" Mom~ I'm not interested. Tell her..What was the name? Ah..tell this Kim Taeyeon.." She said and walked out of the house.

 

" Well, she's turned down the proposal without even seeing the girl!" Mr Jung sighed.

 

" After all, whose daughter is she?" Mr Hwang said jokingly.

 

" Just eat Hwang!" They laughed along.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Jessica stepped in the shop and spotted a tall girl busy looking at a necklace.

 

" Youngie, what's going on?" she asked.

 

" Shh.." Sooyoung turns the blonde aroung making her facing a full-length mirror. Then she wear the necklace around the girl's neck.

Jessica was taken off guard.

 

" Youngie.." she was speechless and just stared at Sooyoung's reflection with a small smile.

 

" How will this look on Tiffany?" Sooyoung asked with a smile makes Jessica taken aback then quickly cover it with a smile.

 

" This will look beautiful on anyone.."

 

" This is no ordinary pendant. Look.." Sooyoung showed the heart shaped pendant to Jessica where it can be cut into two.

 

" You really know how to break hearts." Jessica said jokingly.

 

" Not breaking hearts. I'm reuniting hearts. Here..one half stays with me and the other with Fany. Isn't it amazing?" Jessica just nodded

with a smile.

 

" I wanted to show you before buying. It's nice huh?"

 

" Very nice.."

 

" Should I buy?"

 

" Yup.."

 

" Okay.." Sooyoung moved to the counter to pay for it. While waiting, she's looking at Jessica who's busy watching the other jewellery

displayed.

 

" Actually..give me one more.."

 

" One more?" Jessica asked.

 

" Ahuh..for you."

 

" For me?" Sooyoung nodded.

 

" When you find someone special, give him/her one half.." 

 

" Finding someone special isn't so easy.." 

 

" Huh?"

 

" Excuse me.." the seller girl called for Sooyoung to pay.

 

" Oh.."

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Tiffany stepped into her house while taking off her jacket.

 

" I thought you wanted to wait a while?"

 

" Huh? You..? What are you doing here? What if daddy sees you?"

 

" What if daddy doesn't see me?"

 

" Hmm..Hey Miss America, you're not as stupid as you look.."

 

Sooyoung stand up form her lying position on the couch and approached the latter.

 

" Hey Miss Universe, you're not as beautiful as you look.." she's getting closer.

 

"..you're much more beautiful than that.." Tiffany turns around shyly.

 

" Look at this..one half of this heart will be with me. And the other half..with you." Sooyoung showed the necklace.

 

" Hey Miss America.." Tiffany facing her.

 

"..anyone can steal in here in the middle of the night and declare their love. I'll believe it when you say it in front of everyone.."

 

" Then I will make you wear this pendant in front of everyone.." Sooyoung said and walked off.

 

" Where do you think you're going? What if daddy sees you?"

 

" Anyone can steal in here in the middle of the night through the window.."

 

 

 

" Hmm..not bad.." Tiffany mumbled to herself while smiling.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________  

 

Another update for my beloved readers and commenters since i'm happy with the comments in previous chapter xD

See you around~