Taunts and Questions

Countdown from 12
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

chapter 2: Taunts and Questions



"So, you're Byun Baekhyun?" 



"Apparently not! Isn't it obvious?" Baekhyun glares at Suzy who's checking the applicants. He has done his profile and next to him is a bunch of boys which is pitied because they are surely not to qualify.
 


Suzy raises a brow at the boy, making him blink and clear his throat.
 


"I mean, yes!" Baekhyun chuckles nervously. He had done a wrong move so he must do something. 
 


"Okay, fine. This will be needed for choosing later. Good luck though." Suzy grins as she called 'next'. Baekhyun gulps, walking his way. What if he doesn't qualify? But IU said he will have his sure win, right? Or is he?
 


______



Baekhyun proceeds to 4 of his friends Kai, Suho, Sehun and Chanyeol. He wants to talk about what they think of the program "Countdown from 12"
 


"Have you all joined?" Baekhyun asks as he takes a sip from his frappe. The 5 are currently at the café on a round table. They decided to get out from the school for a while.
 


"Uh, yes." Chanyeol looks at Baekhyun seriously. In his mind, something is wrong with Baekhyun. Haven't D.O told him that they were all done. 
 


*Maybe he's just too nervous to lose IU* Chanyeol smiles creepily at the thought. He kicks Sehun, who almost choked since he's eating. He wanted to yell at Chanyeol who signaled him. 
 


"Hey Baekhyun, you know what?" Sehun catches Baek's attention as he clears his throat. "We're all very excited to compete with you!"
 


Baekhyun widens his eyes. *Why are you all excited?* 
 


"You mean excited to lose?"
 


"NO WAY!" Suho interrupts suddenly. "Why would we want to lose for Byun Baekhyun?"
 


Suho raises a brow at Baekhyun, looking serious. He puts a fist on the table catching Kai's attention. Baekhyun is starting to panic. He has been nervous ever since that night and it had become worse and worse by everyday.
 


"I didn't mean--"
 


"How dare you say that?!" Kai states looking straight at Baekhyun. If looks could kill, Kai could have accomplished. "You mean you think IU likes you that much, she'll do everything for you?"
 


"Uhm.."
 


"Whatever D.O told you, it was for you to be calm. He's not telling you the truth." Chanyeol looks at his coffee, smiling intently teasing Baekhyun. Though Chanyeol doesn't know about the 3.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter