First

Point Of View
 
It was hard to believe he was older sometimes.
 
Kris arched an eyebrow as Xiumin bounced around the room, bobbing his head to the beat and trying to keep up with Kai's movements. The more rambunctious ones of the rather large group decided they wanted to play DDR and of course Kai had been first up. The leader in Kris smiled as he noticed the first genuine look of happiness that he’d seen from the younger man in a long time. He lazily pushed his hair back, the newly dyed strands shifting easily through his fingers. Two members of the group had just had their hair dyed, Kris himself among them, and he still wasn't quite used to it. They had dyed it a strange green-blue color. He hoped it had something to do with their new stuff or he was going to look quite funny. It was already garnering him stares.
 
The others took their hair dying, or not in stride but they had left Xiumin's hair the same, still a rather dull shade of brown. 
 
He had tried to hide his disappointment behind a thin mask of excitement, but couldn't help himself from withdrawing. He had been the most excited of them all, nearly bouncing in his seat. The last thing Kris wanted to see was the same rejection on his face back when he'd begun to think fans hated him.
 
Kris would petition the stylists themselves if that's what it took to keep the tears from the Bazoi's eyes...
 
Luckily, though it was a bit of a suspicious coincidence in Kris' mind, another group member had pulled him close, tucking him inside the curve of his neck.
 
Xiumin struggled at first, jokingly pushing him away, lightly complaining until delicate fingers where running up and down the skin of his upper arm. He sunk slowly into the hold, still struggling to hold onto his composure. His shoulders slumped and for a moment Kris had remembered how so much smaller he  was compared to him. Although he seemed to be fine as he slowly pushed away, smiling lightly into the newly blonde's face, complaining that his hair smelled. When the soft-spoken boy's face fell, he quickly took his hand, swinging it lightly. 
 
"It looks great, Luhan..." he whispered, the last thing Kris had heard before he had been dragged away for his own hair. 
 
When he came back, they had been setting up the game, excitedly chattering to themselves, Tao and Sehun launched themselves on top of him and began running their fingers through his now almost-buzzcut. He sighed, indulging them for a moment, before flapping his hands at them, much in the same way one would shoo away children. They flew off, Tao almost colliding with the equally-tall Chanyeol, who captured him in a tight hug. The now red-and-orange-haired maknae squeaked in his grip, rapidly hitting the giant's back as a signal for him to let go.
 
Kris broke into laughter and looked away, sure he was actually fine for the moment. 
 
It was funny how all this had happened. Xiumin had been cajoled into joining, and he was tripping over the song "Sorry Sorry" on the extra hard level.
 
Granted, he was against the dancing machine Kai, but he was having fun, which was all anyone asked. His face was beaming, and he was sweating rivers down his skin, but everyone was shouting for him. As the final note fell down the screen and Kai won by a landslide, he lightly pouted, teasing lightly about no one rooting for him. D.O wrapped his arms around the heavily-breathing boy and pulled him back to smile in his face. Kai looked at him sweetly, his eyes slowly drifting almost closed and Kris got even more proof that he really didn’t need. 
 
He was fine with whatever went on, in either group, as long as no one was hurting anyone else. Who was he to say anything when he had stolen a few kisses himself from the willing Panda? He had to admit he was curious before he had joined this group, but he knew the social standards would never allow him to do anything about his questions. He knew too, though, that this group wouldn't say anything about their lips on another’s. 
 
He leaned back in the chair, a little surprised but not unpleased when Luhan handed a towel to Xiumin, his fingertips gliding down the delicate skin of the older boy's forearm. The blush on his face was telling; either Luhan had just started this, or they just hadn't done anything yet. Luhan smiled, a twinkle in his eyes, and Kris almost laughed out loud at the expression on the poor hunted boy's. He really had no idea.
 
Luhan was very persuasive when it was something he wanted, even more than Tao. Tao used simple innocence, while Luhan was a bit more cunning. He didn't look it, but the boy was always thinking. He watched everyone almost as much as Kris did, but with a bit less finesse. Xiumin looked like he didn't know what to do with the attention, and Kris reflected for a moment on history. He could have sworn there was something to the 'HunHan' thing. After all they were always so close. In fact, after thoroughly confusing the shorter boy, Luhan had retreated over to his counterpart, lightly tapping him on the head. Kris watched as instead of pulling him close, Sehun just shook his head, rolling his eyes as Luhan giggled softly. 
 
When had that happened? Normally nothing escaped his notice...
 
Sehun gently laid his hand on the knee of his companion, the lank body stretched out on the spare couch as long as he could reach it. Lay. When exactly had that happened? Lay, for his part, just cracked open an eye and nodded, looking like he was about to fall asleep. Sehun gently pushed Luhan away by a hand on his stomach and the boy folded on himself, the touch must have slightly tickled. Instead of the hurt look on his face, one that Kris would have understood, he smiled softly and turned back to the smaller male. 
 
Xiumin was currently leaning over the back of the couch, a few feet away from Kris, having moved behind him. He leaned on his hands, his eyes fluttering closed; he must have been up late last night. His eyes were puffy and he lacked even his normal energy, Kris' worry rose a bit. 
 
Luhan rounded the corner of the couch, directly behind Xiumin, and Kris moved nothing but his eyes, watching the action closely. Luhan apparently thought no one was watching as he slipped his arm around the waist of the startled boy. He smiled softly again, letting his head rest on Xiumin's shoulder. The other boy, to his credit, only stood still for a few moments before cautiously laying his head on his hair. He didn't seem to mind the smell now...
 
Luhan’s eyes slid closed and he looked so relaxed that Kris was jealous for a moment, even as he was happy for it. He wouldn't not have expected something like this, although he wasn't against it. As long as no one was getting hurt all was fine. They could all pile on top of each other in an pile and he could care less.
 
...Well, okay, then he would care. But only if he missed out. 
 
The others seemed oblivious to all the action that was happening behind them. They were all just happy to be together. Their schedules had been hectic and the solo projects almost threatened to split the entire group further. They started up another round, D.O retreating into the kitchen to restock the food and drink. Kris had to admit he had sampled a lot of famous things now, but D.O's cooking still made him think of home. 
 
He was still tired, but a small giggle from behind him brought the light to his eyes again. Hmmmm...maybe he'd take up Kai's offer and try to dance once. At least they knew not to laugh at him too much. 
 
After all, good things were happening.