Happy Graduation, boy(friend)!!!

Cookies (The collection)

Double update!!!! I'm sorry for not updating for a long time. I hope you enjoy the updates today. sorry for any mistakes~ thank you all ^^

I know the tittle is so random. I'm at giving a title. *bows*


It strange how she feels sad all of sudden when the thought of his graduation crosses her mind once again. It had been a couple of times when she feels this way. Even when they are not a close friend, but the thought that she no longer has anyone from her high school give a stir of worry for her.

They actually not that close, but because only the two of them among all of the students of their high school, even from their hometown, that entered the university they can’t help but to rely on each other and sometimes hang out with his or her friend.

Her train of thoughts starts again.

So I won’t ever accidentally meet him at the cafeteria?

 There is no longer a high five for encounter at lobby?

I don’t have to hear people badmouthing me about we are being close?

It relieves her somehow, at least it works for the badmouthing part, but she can’t ever deny that she will miss him.

What should I do then? It isn’t like that I have a feeling for him right?

 

One morning, she already waits for their friends come to witness his graduation.

“Seohyun, let’s go!” a girly voice called out that shook her off of daydreaming.

“Coming!” Seohyun slightly jogged to the car that stops at her dorm yard, about 30 meters away from where she stands.

“Hi everyone.” She stated cheerfully as she enters the car, inside the car there are 4 people already. They are Seohyun and his friends that willingly come to his graduation day despite it took almost 3 hours long drive for them to reach this location.

“How’s the trip? Aren’t you all tired?” she asked in concern as she remembers that their trip is long enough.

“No need to worry, we booked some rooms at hotel last night, so we are fresh now.”

“Well, even if I have to share room with the mean guy over there.” The only girl of the four people, before Seohyun entered the car, said jokingly.

“He is your fiancé though so no need to worry.” Seohyun said as a matter of fact.

The car is full of laughter and jokes that fill their drive to her campus. And without realizing they already arrived. Chanyeol, the one who drives, decides to park his car at the end of the road that makes the girls groan.

“Good job Chanyeol, now we have to walk from the end of this road to the other end with high heels on. Can you have a little consideration?” Soyu, the second female lead of the group stated in completely annoyed tone.

“Chill Soyu, you have this man that willingly to carry you all over the word if you could say.” Chanyeol the always funniest one stated that earns laughter from the other.

“Is it true Howon ah?” Soyu asked her so called fiancé as she clings to his arms.

“Stop with the lovey dovey, can you? I am the one who will struggle alone here.” Seohyun said jokingly.

“No, no Seohyun. If this Howon guy will carry Soyu, then both of us are your men.” The so called ‘us’ Chanyeol and Kris offers their hand to Seohyun almost at the same time that make the latter giggle nonstop of his friends antics.

“Let’s proceed, I can feel that the grumpy man who graduate today become grumpier because we almost late.”

“Lay is always angry when you call him grumpy, but I have to agree with you sometimes.” Seohyun whispers to herself.

 

 

As they arrived at the main building, they frantically search all over the place for their friend. Kris, thanks to his awesomely tall figure, is the first who spotted a truly grumpy looking guy leans to a wall with a grumpy expression posted all over his face

“There man, the grumpy guy is over there.” He calls to his friends and lead the way.

‘grumpy’ is his nickname they give since high school, because he nags a lot and can’t ever hide his annoyed face. And his friends are all annoying in his opinion, but he loves them anyway, so he will always look grumpy.

“Hey man. We arrived anyway so don’t nag!”

“Thanks for reminding me Kris. But you almost late!!! If you are late I never had a chance to boast to all of you that I’m graduating first!”

“Yeah yeah, you smarty . How dare you finish this 4 years course for 3 years? I know you are smart but do you think it fair to us?” here comes the drama king, Lee Howon.

“Can’t you stop exaggerating anything, honey?”

“Moreover you left Seohyun behind. She is the one who take care of you when we aren’t here after all.” Kris states that supposedly to be a joke but unknowingly makes Seohyun heart clenches a little.

“Don’t start Kris, don’t make me feel guilty, you jerk!” Lay shoved Kris playfully.

“But aren’t you happy that at least there is one person from your group that a genius?” Seohyun playfully asked with a childish grin that makes the other shift his eyes to the girl, speechless.

“There you go girl! Hi five!!!” Lay excitedly jumped to her side and ‘hi-five’ing her before two sounds of laughter booming through the place.

“You’re getting better on this kind of things huh? Indeed, 3 years hang out with me. Good girl.”

“Don’t influence her with bad attitude you brat!” Soyu growled to him, send her deathly glare.

“I don’t! She is a genius too, she adapt anything quickly. Right hyun?” Lay said, patted the girl’s crown lightly. And she pinked with that.

“Well well. Let’s go inside, it almost the time. Ah where is your parent? Let’s greet them too.” Thanks to Chanyeol. She can hide her nervousness.

“Ah right. I forgot that my parent’s inside.” He said slightly flustered because of his own dumbness.

“YOU BRAAAT!!!!!!” the poor guy finally attacked by a group of 3 guys and 2 girls that can’t stand his forgetful nature.

Inside the venue, they were separated with Lay. Lay and his parent sit at the main seats and for them, they sit at the seat that have been provided at the back of the venue. They can’t help but feel proud too with their friend accomplishment.

He even sent a big heart over his head to his friends at the back from the stage after receiving his certificate that make his friends pretend not to see it because of a huge embarrassment.

“That jerk. So embarrassing. Why he is my friend at the first place?” Kris said with clenched teeth and put his fedora hat to cover his face.

After about two hours. The graduation is finally over. They wait for Lay to come out. Five of them hold a bouquet of flowers in their hands. When they spotted Lay and his parent, they rush toward them. Four of them hurriedly shoved the bouquets in Lay hand, when Seohyun politely hands her bouquet to his mother.

“Mrs. Zhang congratulation for your son graduation.” She said politely before she bows to his mother and father. The other 5 young people looked surprised and awed before four of them hurriedly snatched the bouquets from Lay’s hand and give them to his parent instead. The latter just laugh at his friends.

“They are special. And that girl even more special.” He whispers to his own and smile before headed toward them.

“Mr Zhang, we will held a small party for his graduation, would you join us?” Chanyeol politely said about their plan to have a small party for Lay.

“I think we will pass, you young people just enjoy your time without these old people hanging out with you. We just will ruin the atmosphere.”

“No, Not at all. We gladly welcome you if you’d like to join us.”

“Nope. Also I’m so tired, and she is too. Just go all of you. Enjoy your time.”

“Well if you say so, let’s go”

“Man hold up. I think I should drive them to hotel first. You follow after me and I come with you after send them off. Is it okay?”

“No problem. Let’s go everyone.”

 

 

“Happy graduation! Happy graduation! Happy graduation Lay~ Happy graduation!” they held a small party at a private room of a cozy café around the area.

There is a small cake with some candles that have already blown by Lay a moment ago.

“This man says that he is from Canada but only come up with that song? Happy birthday to happy graduation? You must be kidding me Kris?” Chanyeol like always never leave Kris alone in peace.

“Shut up man! You talk too much!” Kris annoyingly threw a spoon that on his reach to Chanyeol that hit right at his head.

“Serves you right, Yeol ah!” Lay said.

“Stop Stop you two!!! So Lay, after this what are you going to do?” Soyu faced Lay after pull the two noisy giant’s hair. Indeed, only Soyu can shut their mouth up, the only heroin of the group. Once again exclude Seohyun.

“I already got an offer from Luhan, my friend from Beijing to join his project as a junior architect. I maybe away to Beijing for at least 3 years.” Lay explained.

“Man, that’s quite a long time.”

“I know, but Luhan promised me if I accept his offer, after that project is finished, I will be in charge to his company branch at Seoul.”

“Wow is that Luhan guy that powerful? And he trust you to that extend?”

“Yes, he is my childhood friend when I was in Beijing. He is the heir of Lu Company you know.”

“Cool!!! Let me met him. He has quite a perfect husband material.” Soyu asked that makes Howon choked on his drink.

“Honey, what are you seriously?!!!!!”

Contrast to the pLayful atmosphere, there is one girl that completely in silence. Even if his lip forming a smile, her eyes lost his twinkle.

“Seohyun, why are you so quiet?”

“ah? Really? Hahaha I just can’t compete with all of you in the term of jokes.” She laughed.

“You should take a private lesson from me then, $100 for an hour. A good deal isn’t it?” Chanyeol said with his famous wide grin.

“I guess I should.” Seohyun’s answer always surprised them. And they laughed.

“So Seohyun. From now on you’ll have your own peace after all this 3 years this guy always disturbs you.”

“I guess, but then I can’t get a meal for free anymore, it quite sad.”

“This girl. After all the things I do that touches your heart is only that?”

“Of course not! But I think I will miss that thing the most.”

“Seriously you will never miss me? This Lay guy?”

“I’m afraid, not even a second.” She joked.

“God bless you, Seohyun. You are gifted.” Kris stated not knowing what he talks about.

They all laughed once again.

“Seo…Seohyun you are crying?” Soyu said and everyone stop laughing to look at Seohyun.

“What are you saying? Of course not. It’s just I laugh too hard.” Seohyun slightly taken aback too. No, it’s not because of laughing. She’s not laughing that hard. It just because her feeling that already bottled up finally burst out without her knowing.

“I just too excited that my tears also flowing.” She tried to explain. But the tears betray her. They flow rapidly from her eyes.

Soyu quickly search for tissue in her bag. But Lay already wipe her tears first. He sits beside the girl and patted her had softly.

Seohyun try to cover it with laughter but she finally broke up when Lay patted her. She let out a cry, putting her jacket to her face to block her loud cry out.

How the girl is finally broke down also make the other 5 friends’ heart clenched. And they begin to envelope the girl with a bear hug.

“Poor girl. She must be feels so sad.”

“I’m worried she will become like before. After all Lay is always be her savior before, but now he won’t be around. What if the girls bullied her again?”

“No. it won’t happen. Seohyun has her Hyoyeon unnie now. I already ask Hyoyeon to take care of her.” Lay said as he looks to the sleeping girl beside him.

 

 

Lay asked Chanyeol to stop at her dormitory front gate. I will have a little talk with her. He said.

They walk in silence, cherishing the last moment before he head to Beijing. He said he will go early tomorrow.

“So, Hyun. Thanks for all these 3 years. You always take care of me.” Lay started a conversation.

“No. I’m the one who should say thank you. You always help me, and introduce me to wonderful persons. Thank you very much Lay.”

“Your friends are wonderful too. You too wonderful.” Seohyun’s heart rapidly jump inside her rib after hearing his compliment.

“Ah Lay! I almost forget. Here, your graduation present. I know you didn’t really read a book. But please finish this book. It inspires me a lot. So I hope it will inspire you too.” she said as she handed a book decorated with a small blue ribbon in the center.

“You don’t have to! I don’t even have a present for you. Unfair.”

“I don’t need any present, you know. Just give me money. Hahaha.”

“This girl!”

Without realizing, they already arrived in front of her room.

“Seo Joohyun. Thanks once again. I think I’ll miss you a lot.”

“You’re welcome Lay, I think……..I’ll miss you too. Please contact me once for a while when you are not busy. Okay?”

“Sure.”

“Then I will get going. It’s getting late, you should prepare for your tomorrow trip too. Take care.” She decided to take initiative. She walks slowly toward Lay and hug him. She can feel Lay returning her hug. She smiles.

“erm…so, I guess. Bye….”

“Wait Hyun!” Lay spoke as Seohyun starts to walk to her door.

“Actually I have something to tell you.”

“What is it?” Seohyun asked, a little confused with him.

“Erm… I like you.” Lay said. Slowly and clearly. So she can hear it clearly.

“Lay?”

“Yes Hyun, I like you. I’m not joking around this time.” he can see that Seohyun’s lip tremble.

“Please think carefully Hyun. I’m not forcing you to answer it now. You have three years.” He said.

“I will ask about your answer three years from now. After I come back here. So think carefully.”

“Will you still like me after three years, Lay?” she asked softly.

“Yes. I can guarantee it.”

“Why you don’t hear my answer now?”

“If you say yes, I don’t think I can go to Beijing tomorrow, because I will want to stay with you here all the time. If you actually want to say no, then I still have three years to make you change your mind. So after all what I want to hear is yes. Selfish right?” He explained nervously.

“Then, I will get going Hyun. Good night and take care. I like you and I think I will always be.” He finished his words with a hug. And kiss on the cheek.

She watches his back as he slowly walk further. A smile crept on her face.

That guy is always so thoughtful. Silly, I like you too I guess.