This wasn't how it was supposed to happen

Stop.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin's POV

"Soojung-ah guess what?" I said, forcing a grin.

"Hm?" She stopped packing her bag and looked up and tilted her head.

Gosh she's so cute

"I finally asked Jinri out" I said after admiring her beauty for a few seconds.

She stopped packing and made eye contact with me. Her eyes showed pain.

Why was she in pain? It can't be..I thought she liked-

"W-What did you say? I mean uh what did she say?" 

I have to get this over with.

"She said yes" I cracked a smile.

I am so glad I took acting lessons.

She dropped her pencils, but I didn't notice the shock that was evident in her eyes

"T-That's great Jongin!" she smiled, "You should introduce her to me sometime." She stooped down to pick up the dropped pencils.

Something just doesn't seem right...

"Everything okay Soojung?"

"Y-yea im fine haha.  I guess my fingers just slipped haha" 

I noticed her trembling fingers took her hand in mine. "Here, I'll do it."

I held her small hand for what would probably be the last time.

She waited for me to zip her bag and took it, her hands still trembling.

Kim Jongin....you're doing the right thing.....right?

---

 

It was unusually quiet when we walked home.

We got to the front of Soojung's house and only then did I think of something to say.

"Soojung if you think me being in a relationship means I'm going to leave you, don't think that way"

It's so I can get over you..

"No no it's not because of that.  I-I'm just tired today and i didn't get a lot of sleep for the past few days.  I'm fine" She smiled weakly.

My heart dropped and I immediately pressed my hand against her forehead.

"Soojung you're forehead is a little hot.  I think you might be getting a fever.  You should get some good sleep. Here,"

I reached into her bag and pulled out her folder.

"I'll do your homework tonight okay?"

It's the least I can do for her..because now I can't look after her like I did before..I have to change.

"Jongin-ah I said I'm fine it's no big deal I can do my homework by myself" she pouted and reached for her folder.

I raised my arm and said, "Okay then get it

I smirked at the tiny, frowning girl.

I couldn't help but laugh at her adorable angry face. "Don't worry Miss Jung.  I won't miss any problem on your homework okay?"

She sighed, "Fine.  Go home now. I wanna sleep"

"G'nite Miss Jung" I smiled one last time and turned. With heavy steps, I went to home. I finishe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter