I'm asking you

Stop.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Soojung's POV

"Soojung-ah guess what?" he said with a cheeky grin

"Hm?" I said, packing my books into my bag, ready to leave school

"I finally asked Jinri out"

I stopped packing and met my eyes with his. I cleared my throat and asked, "W-What did you say? I mean uh what did she say?"

"She said yes" He smiled like a child

I dropped my pencils as I felt my heart drop harder. My body stiffened and memories of when I first realized I started having a crush on Jongin, and when that crush turned into liking him flashed before my eyes. I even had some instances where I thought he liked me back.  I was wrong.

"T-That's great Jongin!" I stifled a smile, "You should introduce her to me sometime." I started picking up my pencils and proceeded to packing my bag.

Jongin seemed to notice the slight change in my mood and started to question as he helped me pack.

"Everything okay Soojung?"

"Y-yea im fine haha.  I guess my fingers just slipped haha" My hands slightly trembled as i placed everything into my pencil case.

Jongin saw and embraced my hand with his and took the pencil out of my hand. "Here, I'll do it."

As he removed his hand the warmth he gave left with it.

I took this as a chance to think things over.  Should I tell Jongin? Should i keep quiet?

I decided to be a coward and keep quiet, getting over my feelings on my own, even if painful.

---

 

The walk home was quieter than usual.  Both of us noticed, but none had the courage to break it.

When we got to the front of my house Jongin finally spoke.

"Soojung if you think me being in a relationship means I'm going to leave you, don't think that way"

You don't understand

"No no it's not because of that.  I-I'm just tired today and i didn't get a lot of sleep for the past few days.  I'm fine" I forced a reassuring smile

Jongin's eyes immediately showed worry as he closed the gap and pressed his hand against my forehead. "Soojung you're forehead is a little hot.  I think you might be getting a fever.  You should get some good sleep.  Here," he grabbed my backpack and took my folder.  "I'll do your homework tonight okay?"

"Jongin-ah I said I'm fine it's no big deal I can do my homework by myself" i said as i reached for my folder.

He held it up higher and smirked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter