Acting...Or Not?

Han River Confession

 

“Wait up!” Suho shouted as he ran after me. 

For a minute, we were quiet. I just assumed that 
he was catching his breath, so he didn't speak. I searched my brains for something to say, in an attempt to break the silence.

But then Suho spoke first. "Hey! I'm currently reading some acting scripts during my free time. Wanna see?"

"See what?" I asked.

"See me act it out. I've been practicing this part for some time." I could see Suho’s eyes gleaming. 

Feeling that the acting thing was quite harmless and wouldn't cause me any embarrassment,  I smiled and said okay. After all, he looked so eager to show me.

"But you'll need to be my acting partner too." Suho chuckled.

My expression changed. This was not a good sign.
"I..I.. No.. Can I not..." I was about to become embarrassed. I waved my hands frantically at Suho, gesturing that I didn't want to be part of the act. But before I could get myself out of the situation,  Suho grabbed me by the waist and pulled me in. 

"W..wait..  is this part of the act?" I was honestly shocked. I got chills down my spine as I felt Suho's hand hug around my waist. And the fact that we near now so near each other, I could feel his warm breath. Unknowingly,  I placed my hands on Suho’s chest, in an attempt to push away from him. But now I found myself trapped in his intense stare as he looked into my eyes. It was as if his brown eyes were talking to me.

"Mirae." Suho still didn't let go as he called my name. His eyes looked softer as I fell right into his gaze.

"Call the police. " He gently told me as he inched nearer to me.

I craned my neck away, "What? What about the police? Are you still acting?" I was confused.

"I've committed a crime." Suho didn't reply me with a Yes or a No, but just continued in his 'acting'.

"Wh.. why?" I didnt know how to reply. I wasn't sure if he was still in his 'acting' mode. So I stupidly replied, merely to reply his weird statement.

Suho’s face leaned in even nearer. My heart pounded. I couldn't speak now. My hands on his chest were trembling. Without a word, Suho tightened his grip around my waist. Then he let out out a short breath. I closed my eyes, and embraced the warmth of his touch. For so long, I wanted to have Suho with me. He moved his head, and our foreheads touched. Before I knew it, I felt his lips brush against my lower lip. For a few moments, we stayed like that. My hands were no longer shaking. After the kiss, Suho rubbed his thumb against my cheek. I looked up and saw him smiling.

"I stole the heart of a girl, and didn't return her heart to her. Instead I kept it with me, not wanting her to know for years. I made her heart break a million times. I caused her sadness. But she still stood beside me all this while. I can't bear the guilt of the crime I've done." He whispered romantically to me as he reached for my hand and held it.

I was on the verge of tears. I was extremely touched beyond words. I realized that this wasn't any 'acting' that Suho had been learning up. He was confessing to me.

I wrapped both my hands around Suho’s hand as he held on tightly. 

"You must be cold." I said to him. My hands were in the gloves he had given me earlier. I slowly rubbed his bare hands. We both laughed.

"Mirae ah." Suho called my name while I was chuckling.
"You're that girl that I liked since high school. The one I said I'll try to get over after graduation. But I can't. Sorry... I couldn’t tell you. I was.. just..." He looked down.

"It's okay."  I stopped him.

He looked up, and I gave him a reassuring smile. We stood there smiling at each other for a moment.

"But.... You know..." I giggled.

"What is it?" Suho frowned in puzzlement.

"You really need to practice more on your acting." I tried to stifle my laughter as I bit my lip and looked at Suho.

Realising that I was teasing him, Suho shot me a playful glare. I took a few steps back, and he tried to come nearer to catch me. "Ya! You!" I ran away and he chased after me as we ran on the street which boasted a great view of the Han River.

The morning was still chilly. But it was warm for me, with Suho around by my side.