Cold Hands

Han River Confession

 

Oneshot Fanfic♡

Suho and you

-------

“Wahh!!! It’s so pretty!” I exclaimed. I ran towards the railing to get a closer look, as I gleamed at the blue river that was right in front of my eyes.

 

“Yeah, it really is pretty in the winter.” Suho cooly put his hands in his pocket as he strolled towards the railings and stood near my side.

 
Suho and I were close friends since middle school. Our mothers were close colleagues who worked at the same workplace, so it wasn’t long before I met Suho. We just graduated from high school and were waiting to get accepted into our dream universities. I wished to pursue my career as a fashion designer, while Suho aspired to make it big as an actor.

 
I had a crush on Suho since my 2nd year in high school. I guess he grew more charming during that time and I sort of grew fond of his kind nature towards me. Suho and I shared the same interests in many things. Music, books and even food - we barely argued and were always having a good time when we were together. I was very sure Suho never showed any signs of affection towards me since we met. He told me about a girl he liked in our high school. However, he always refused to say whom the girl was. I would always get jealous. But he reassured me that he’ll get over her once we graduated. I tried my best not to show my feelings. I thought that being a friend that would support him all the way was more meaningful and important for now.

That cold early morning, we took a jog around the neighborhood. We decided to make a stop by the Han River once we were done. I breathed the cool fresh air in as I bent over my back, doing a little stretch.  Suho looked at me and smiled, and followed suit.

 I peeked from the corner of my eyes.

“Don’t copy me, you’ll look stupid.” I mocked Suho and laughed. I had a habit of goofing around with Suho.

 
Startled, he stopped his stretching and looked at me puzzled, “Ya, why not? I’m sure I look dashing right now as I stretch.” He looked at me while adjusting his sideburns.With a cheeky grin on his face as he continued doing his stretches. I smiled.

 
As I admired the beautiful scenery,  my nose felt itchy.
“Ahhchoo!!!” I suddenly sneezed out.
“Ahh…cold…” I snuggled into my windbreaker as I pulled it closer to my chest. I had forgotten to bring my gloves along, so that was the best way to keep myself warm from the winter cold.

“Feeling cold? Do you need gloves? I’ve got a pair.” Suho fished in his pocket and gestured for me to take them.

 
“No, it’s nothing. I’m fine.” I was alittle shy, and declined Suho’s offer.

 
He walked towards me. He didn't stop when he was an arm’s length away from me.

 
“Wh..What are you doing?” I was a little startled the small distance that separated the two of us from each other.

 
Suho grabbed my hand without saying a word and started to put on the gloves for me. “Just wear it, I don’t want you to get a cold.” He took the effort to make sure my fingers snug nicely into the gloves. I couldn't reply. My cheeks flushed and my heart raced as Suho’s hands touched mine. I couldn’t say stop. I felt so shy at that moment.

When he was finally done, Suho cupped my palms together and held them together. ‘There, feeling warmer now, right?”  He placed his bare hands over mine and smiled warmly at me.

 

Feeling like my heart was about to explode, I abruptly moved away from Suho’s grip. “Wh… What are you doing?” I muttered, trying to hide my smile, as I looked down on the floor and walked away from the railings. I hurriedly walked off as I zipped my jacket.

 
At that moment I felt empty. I secretly wished we could have remained like that for a while longer.