Trick or Treat?

Trick or Treat? ((^__^))

It was another quiet day in the dorm, the other members had all gone out to buy stuff for their traditional Halloween movie marathon and left Kyuhyun behind to wait for Sungmin, Heechul and Henry to come back from their recording. After several hours of lazily flicking channels Kyuhyun switched the TV off and slumped onto the couch as the front door bounced open. Watching Sungmin happily bound into the dorm wearing a cute pink polo shirt with his blonde hair sitting perfectly as always, Kyuhyun smiled at him as he made room on the couch for him to sit down.

“Annyeong!”

“Welcome back hyung... are you wearing cat ears?”

“Hmm? Oh yeah I bumped into Seohyun as we were leaving the studio and she thought they’d suit me more.”

“Well she wasn’t wrong.”

“You think?”

“Sungmin~ they’re pink and cute, they could not suit you more!”

“Aw you’re too sweet Kyu.”

“Would you rather I was evil towards you?”

“No please don’t, I’ve seen how you talk to the other members I-I don’t want that.”

“I don’t know what you mean.”

“No? What about the last conversation you had with Heechul?”

“The difference here being, you’re cute enough to get away with that.”

“Oh really?”

“I-I um... Hey speaking of Heechul, where did he and Henry disappear to?”

“I dunno, they said something about getting Henry’s violin back from the shop though I didn’t even know it was broken.”

“Oh yeah Siwon found Donghae trying to fix it yesterday, we think he was trying to play it but who knows.”

“I guess it’s just us for a while then, you wanna do something?”

“A-actually, there was something I wanted to ask you.”

“Is everything okay?”

“Yeah everything’s fine, I have to go out for a while and I just wanted to ask if maybe you wanted to come with?”

“Where are you going?”

“Back to visit my high school, they invited me back to a ‘Trick or Treat’ award thing their introducing and they asked me to hand out the awards. Will you come with me?”

“Why do you want me to come, wouldn’t you rather wait for Henry?”

“Well I don’t want to spend any more time myself today and no I was waiting to ask you.”

“Really? Why?”

“Well if nothing else you already have the ears.”

“Do they look silly?”

“No not at all, they’re really cute... well on you at least.”

“Meaning?”

“Well I’d just look stupid.”

Turning to face Kyuhyun, Sungmin took the ears off and put them on the younger. Smiling as Kyuhyun turned the same pink as the ears, Sungmin laughed softly as he leaned in to give him a hug.

“See, you look fabulous!”

“Thanks Min.”

“Will you keep them on?”

“Do you want me to keep them on?”

“Well yes but if you’re giving out awards maybe take them off.”

Taking the ears off and sitting them on the coffee table Kyuhyun smiled almost shyly at the elder.

“I can’t help noticing you never answered my question.”

“Of course I will, when do you... uh we need to leave?”

“Ah, about five minutes ago.”

“Well then you can drive.”

Catching the key Sungmin tossed at him, Kyuhyun rolled his eyes as he grabbed his jacket. After driving for what seemed like ten minutes but must have been closer to an hour, Sungmin looked up to the eerie building Kyuhyun claimed was his high school.

“H-hey Kyu, are you sure we’re in the right place?”

“Yeah, why?”

“Because this building doesn’t look like it’s been used in years.”

“Haha well it is Halloween hyung, they’re just getting into the spirit.”

Taking Sungmin’s hand with a smile, Kyuhyun headed up towards the school. Pushing the door open with a creak that echoed for several seconds longer than either would have liked, they began tiptoeing through the empty corridors. Noticing that every time they turned a corner Sungmin would edge a little closer until he was almost pushing him over, Kyuhyun whispered.

“Hyung, are you okay?”

“Yeah, why wouldn’t I be?”

“Well you’re practically pushing me over and you have a death grip on my hand.”

“Okay I don’t like this, it’s weird seeing a school this late... and empty.”

“Nothing’s going to happen to you.”

“Promise?”

“If you let the blood flow back into my fingers then I promise I won’t let anything happen to you.”

Beginning to relax Sungmin eased his grip on Kyuhyun’s hand until something in out the corner of his eye caused him to freeze mid step.

“Ow, hyung you’re hurting me!”

“K-Kyu, there’s someone in that class.”

“There can’t be, everyone should be in the hall. Seriously hyung I can’t feel my hand.”

Pulling Kyuhyun over as he pointed into the classroom, he was surprised to see the classroom completely empty. Releasing Kyuhyun’s hand slightly, he stared at the empty seat where he was sure she had been sitting in as the younger wriggled his fingers hoping to have the feeling return to them.

“I was sure...”

“Come on hyung, there’s no-one there.”

Following Kyuhyun along the corridor, they both jumped as she slammed herself into the following window showing blood dripping from her hands and parts of her face. Breaking into a sprint, Sungmin ran as fast as he could dragging a surprised yet smiling Kyuhyun behind him. Appearing to be out of breath Kyuhyun gasped as he begged Sungmin to stop running and collapsed onto a nearby staircase.

“S-s-sorry Kyu, h-how’s your hand?”

Trying to pout as if that would stop Kyuhyun getting mad, Sungmin sat down on the stair next to him.

“It’ll be fine in a minute.”

Smiling oblivious to Sungmin’s expression, he reached over to take his hand again but stopped mid thought.

“Now you’re not going to run off again, are you?”

Pouting again this time with an annoyed frown, Sungmin nudged Kyuhyun nearly pushing him off the stair.

“Gee hyung I was only joking, I-I didn’t mean to upset you.”

“It’s alright, I suppose after crushing your hand I deserved it.”

Taking Sungmin’s hand and dragging him to his feet, Kyuhyun began wandering through the corridors again. After several minutes Sungmin began edging closer as he had before. Trying not to laugh, Kyuhyun squeezed his hand gently as he whispered.

“Hyung, you okay?”

“I really don’t like this, please can we go?”

“Well... do you remember the way you ran?”

“Uh no... and I wouldn’t want to pass through the science labs again anyway.”

“I-I’m sure that was just a student playing a prank.”

“You don’t sound sure... are you scared?”

“Can you move your hand?”

“Yes.”

“Then I’m not scared.”

Looking sceptically at the younger, Sungmin smiled as he began humming to himself.

“That’s really pretty hyung, did you write it?”

“Write what?”

“The tune you’re humming.”

Both stopping as they heard the same tune being played on a violin, Kyuhyun wandered over to where the sound was coming from dragging a reluctant Sungmin behind him.

“Please Kyu, can we leave now?”

“I just want a peak, maybe it’s a music student.”

Peering into the classroom, they didn’t see a student. In fact, they didn’t see anything. There wasn’t a desk, a board or even a chair, all they could see were a few tattered and discoloured posters. Not sure how the music could be coming from an empty class, Sungmin wanted to run again but remembering what Kyuhyun had said last time he almost instinctively wrapped his arms around the youngers waist instead.

“N-now can we go?”

Moving away from the class as a smile twitched on his lips, Kyuhyun rested his arm around Sungmin’s shoulder as they headed away from the music. Turning onto a long dark corridor with several plants growing in through the windows, both immediately slowed their walking speed unsure if they wanted to walk down it. Sungmin being the braver began heading down the creepy corridor as a low eerie moan began to slither around them. Looking down at Sungmin with a ‘please tell me that was you’ look and receiving the same look from the elder they both froze almost halfway along the now icy corridor. Turning back to try and see were the noise had come from, Kyuhyun heard the most adorable though almost inaudible whimper. Leaning back to try and get a better look at Sungmin, he looked genuinely concerned as he whispered over the rather unnerving moan.

“Hyung are you okay?”

Receiving no audible response but a slight headshake as the elder’s nose brushed against his chest, he asked again becoming seriously concerned.

“Hyung seriously, are you okay?”

Raising his head, Sungmin looked up with eyes full of tears that threatened to fall.

“I-I’m really scared Kyu, please, pleeease can we get out of here?”

Trying to shift his gaze from the elders eyes but being completely glued he asked softly.

“Okay, do you think you can walk?

“No.”

“Well I can’t carry you, what will help calm you down?”

With a soft pink colouring his cheeks the elder mumbled something about secrets helping him to relax when he was scared or nervous which made Kyuhyun smile.

“Okay, I think you’re a better singer than me.”

“Shut up, that’s a lie.”

“No it isn’t, fine I think that you’re insane for saying you’re actually mean.”

“I-I...”

“I think the fact you openly love pink makes you twice as manly as the rest of us.”

Watch a smile momentarily creep onto Sungmin’s lips, the grew closer and his grip on Kyuhyun ribs tightened.

“H-hyung, I can’t breathe!”

“Tell me something serious!”

With great reluctance he did what he could to hide the look of shame that was creeping onto his face with no success as he told the elder.

“I set this up!”

“What?”

“This is all fake. The girl in the science lab was Heechul, the violin music was Henry and by the way you did write that little melody he played, a-and one or both of them are behind the creepy .”

Looking really confused and adorable to boot Sungmin loosened his arms allowing Kyuhyun to breathe properly again.

“W-why would you do this?”

Turning the same gentle pink as so many of Sungmin’s favourite things, Kyuhyun stuttered as his gaze fell to the floor.

“Because I love you Sungmin, I know it’s crazy but I-I thought this would be the only way I could hold you close without it being weird or in the comfort of your rejection...”

Smiling at the younger’s confession, Sungmin raised one of his hands to Kyuhyun’s neck and pulled him close for a tender kiss. Pulling away, he supressed a giggle as he looked into the younger’s sparkling eyes and whispered.

 “Oh Kyuhyun, in your arms is exactly where I want to be...”

 

A/N: If you have read all the way through that, I thank you and you are awesome! (。’▽’。)

If you liked this please leave me a comment, if not please tell me why or how to make it better, it would be much appreciated ( ^◡^)