Chapter 14: If I screamed, would you hear my pain?

Falling in chocolate...drowning in dreams

Jisoo POV:

I sit down, my head in my hands.

The engagment.

With Yoona.

How could I have forgotten?

What will I tell Airi?

Airi POV:

When I get back to the dining hall, Jisoo isn't anywhere to be seen. Neither is Yuhan.

But there is one person I recognise.

Yoona.

She steps forward, grabbing me by the arm. I whip around to look at her, startled. She presses a finger to her lips before beckoning for me to follow her. To my surprise, I find myself obeying her. Fear grips me as the two boys from before also walk with us.

"Leave us alone, guys," Yoona hisses to them before pulling me into the empty classroom. She slams the door shut. I hold my breath, quickly slipping into the seat. "What do you know about my Darling?"

Wait, what?

"Um...his name is Hong Jisoo," I start. "He is a current member of Seventeen..."

"I meant about his past!" She snaps, snarling at me. Again, I find myself gripping the chair tightly, attempting not to run outside. For an ex-tomboy, I am a wimp!

I don't reply.

I don't want to.

"I..."

"Are you the girl his parents told me about? Apparently you were in an accident...with my Darling..." she murmurs the last bit as though assuring herself that he is still her Darling.

She knows about the accident.

"How do you know about that?" My voice is quiet and I feel the blood rushing from my face. "No one is supposed to know about that..."

"So, it is you..." she whispers, her eyes widening in realisation. Suddenly, her expression hardens. "Joshua lost his memory that day. He doesn't remember you..."

"I know." I am shivering now, chills running up my spine as images of the accident rush to my mind.

The blood.

The car.

The sounds.

I close my eyes.

"Airi?" Her voice is softer. "I'm sorry I hurt you the other day...but he isn't who you knew. He isn't the boy you once loved. For your sake, I beg you to forget about him in that way."

I look up at her.

"Why...?" I ask her, my voice cracking.

"I'm sorry, Airi..." she whispers, turning away to leave the room. Just before she closes the door, I hear the last words she says. "We're engaged..."

And with that, my world come crashing down to the ground.

Jisoo POV:

What would I do if she found out?

I love you too, Joshua...

What should I do?

I love Daniel like a brother but...I love you!

Daniel...tell me what to do!

She's yours now...look after her...

I close my eyes.

I'll love her with everything I have...

I see Daniel, his fair hair blowing in the wind.

You were the brother I never had...

He smiles and raises a hand as though reaching out to me.

I'm sorry...

I open my eyes.