3

[DROPPED] Otrera: Goddess of Chaos

“So this is how it goes around here?” SungYeol asked looking at the brown-ish liquid that supposed to be coffee in the paper cup he had just got from the vending machine. They’ve been monitoring ‘Bloom’ for a week (during which Kim MyungSoo had not said a single word to him, even though he was very friendly with everyone… apart from SungYeol, that is), but as nothing suspicious had come up they’ve been doing only that.  SungYeol was happy about a chance to work in NSS, but staring at the screen from early morning till late night, going trough automatic records from the night and reports from the policemen that were seated in front of the nightclub was not as thrilling as work in NSS sounded before.

“What do you mean?” SungJong, the youngest in the group specializing in video materials, asked. He was the second friendliest after DongWoo and had started a conversation with SungYeol on the next day after he joined the team. He was a pretty tall kid with huge, doe eyes and deep brown hair and all in all feminine complexion which no one mentioned to him unless they wanted to die.

“Going trough materials and records in the office - doesn’t look like anything much apart from that happens here.” SungYeol said and took a sip of the ‘coffee’ which unlike its uninviting visuals was quite good. “Before we act we need evidence and to gain that we need to look trough a lot of stuff.” SungJong replied also taking a sip from his cup. “Aren’t there any other cyber crimes?” SungYeol didn’t let go. “I bet we could manage a few more.” SungJong looked at SungYeol for a moment before answering, “There are other cyber crimes, but they are directed to police Cyber Investigation Squad. We deal only with nation-wide important crimes.” The younger replied and stood up from the table in the rest-are where they were currently at. SungYeol stood up as well and followed SungJong.

“But Hades’ case was not handled by the NSS.” He spoke as they started to walk toward the main room. He looked in to Hades’ case as he understood he knew awfully little about it. Director So did arrest Hades at the time when the first was still a lieutenant in the Cyber Investigation Squad. The successful investigation made him the director of CSD in NSS after the previous director had dismissed. Details of his relation to Hades were closed and required access that SungYeol had not acquired yet, but he would get all official codes of an NSS agent at the end of next week and then he was determined to know everything.

“A tip,” SungJong spoke, “don’t go around sniffing up information about that. Our director is a nice guy, but he doesn’t like when his team does side things during an investigation and he doesn’t like when Hades’ case is poked with no need.” He said when they were next to the door of the main room when it suddenly opened, SungGyu rushing out and almost knocking into SungYeol.

“Go get director.” He ordered SungJong. “Something big is happening.”

 

“What do you mean Jung Leo is at ‘Bloom’?” director rushed in to the mission room, his eyes focusing on the photo that was on the big screen at the moment. “These pictures were sent to us by the officers 5 minutes ago as soon as they were taken.” DongWoo reported, changing the pictures on the screen. A tall, red haired male all in all matching the photo of Jung Leo in the files, was entering ‘Bloom’.

“We need to get him.” Director looked at the screen. “Get access to CCTV around the club.” He ordered and DongWoo instantly stared to work on that. “Lee SungYeol, Nam WooHyun – wire up, you’re going in.” he continued and looked at MyungSoo, who nodded once. SungYeol couldn’t have been more confused. He didn’t manage to say anything when WooHyun had already grabbed his hand and dragged him along to equipment room, Kim MyungSoo following them from behind. “Now you will experience action: stage 1.” WooHyun said with a small laugh and pushed SungYeol in to the previously mentioned room. As soon as all three of them were in WooHyun started to take his shirt off while MyungSoo went deeper in to the room where… hangers with white shirts were located taking two and grabbing two small boxes along on his way back.

“Button cameras and collar receivers plus desecrate ear pieces.” WooHyun explained taking one of the shirts and one of the boxes from MyungSoo. The later handed the remaining two pieces to SungYeol and then returned back to WooHyun, taking his regular shirt and tie. “We go in, we look around for exits, entrances, secret doors, all upper floors, bathrooms, any place to hide and if possible how to hack in to their CCTV or just where it’s located.” WooHyun continued while fixing his collar and waiting for SungYeol to change.

“Hack?” SungYeol grasped the single un-fit word in legal service lexicon only when he was half done buttoning up his ‘new’ shirt. “Sure. I don’t know how, but Director manages to get us through with any hacking we ever do.” WooHyun replied, handing SungYeol’s work clothes to MyungSoo who put them in one of the shelves. “Let’s go. We need directions.” WooHyun grabbed SungYeol’s hand again, dragging him back to the main room where for SungYeol’s shock Director was seated behind DongWoo’s computer while the later looked at the codes jumping on the screen. “Take over.” The director said, letting DongWoo to sit down again. “Check for the usual and if can go for a kill and acquire any digital information you can.” He waited for the two to nod before continuing. “We will see you and hear you and you in return will hear us. Follow directions when needed and don’t do anything without a permission. Is that clear?” he received another nod “Take one of the un-marked cars and go. You should be there in 20 minutes.” He gave the last order and returned back to the screen to which the CCTV from around the club was already connected to. He was definitely serious, like, very serious about this case and SungYeol would be a liar if he would say that he wasn’t interested in the reason behind it, yet now was not the time or place to think about that – the new mission was the main thing.

SungYeol already opened his mouth to ask something – direction, guidelines, does and don’ts, but before he managed to form a single sound he was already out of the room thanks to no other but WooHyun. “No time to loose, team leader.” He said with a smirk heading to the elevators, leading the way downstairs to a silver-color SUV waiting for them. There were plenty of unmarked cars and reason why WooHyun led them to that one was unclear until SungYeol took the passenger seat and looked at the back seat. Pair of bulletproof vests, as far as SungYeol could tell their regular shirts (when did Kim MyungSoo manage to come to the underground parking lot and place those there) and two guns were lying there, hidden by the toned windows. “This is going to be so fun.” WooHyun grinned from ear to ear and started the engine, making it roar once before heading off to ‘Bloom’.

 

The ride did not take more than 20 minutes just like Director predicted. The policeman were still in their post near the building – no matter how discrete they tried to look they were still noticeable, which made SungYeol to doubt about them being unnoticed. What if this was a trap? What if they already knew that someone was coming today? As it was day time the club was empty and entering it was easy, as according to the observations they had a strict face-control policy at nights, no cop or agent had ever entered it. The downside after they entered the building without anyone checking them was that they were pretty noticeable and the bartended along with security (scary looking foreign guys) paid all their attention to them. They did lose their focus when WooHyun started to flirt with one of the waitresses, which was obviously bored. The questions he asked seemed harmless – when you start work, when you end it, is there a back door when I could meet you, is there any quiet place where we could be alone and no one would find is – yet already those acquired enough information to skip one part of the scouting. WooHyun was so remarkably good at flirting that SungYeol wouldn’t be surprised if the poor girl would bring him the blue-prints of the building if he asked. That was actually a scary talent WooHyun possessed, scary, but highly useful.

While WooHyun charmed the waitress (and her colleagues as well), SungYeol quietly snuck around the building. Looking around bathrooms, with iron bar covered windows and blue led lights, and the first floor was easy, yet the access to second floor was only for V.I.P’s and it was pretty obvious someone was there, as the large glass wall/window that have those in the upper floor full view of the first floor, was lit and silhouettes were moving around. A particular one caught SungYeol’s attention and he focused his gaze on the glass wall.

“Do you see what I see?” he whispered, knowing well enough that the receiver in the collar of his shirt got it. For all this time the mission room had stayed quiet, just observing along with SungYeol, but now there was a response. “We do. Jung Leo is upstairs. Come out from there and wait for backup. We’re taking him in.” Kim MyungSoo’s voice could be clearly heard. The fact that he spoke to SungYeol meant only one thing – a mission had started.

~ Ω ~

“What do you mean I’m out? I can’t be out!” GaIn shrieked and stood up from behind her desk. “Miryo promised to protect me! She said that I will be able to run this business peacefully and won’t have to worry about gangsters or police.” She continued. She walked around the table and then to the glass wall that gave her a perfect view of her precious ‘Bloom’ before turning to the red-hair sitting in the sofa. “Is there any reason for this?”

“Resources are needed elsewhere.” The red-hair replied shortly, looking at the amber colored liquid in his glass which Gain had poured for him just minutes ago with joy, as finally a message from Miryo had arrived. Now she seemed a lot less happy about this surprise visit.

“I am earning enough to run this without Miryo’s financial support! Why do I need to sell this?” she continued shrieking and the red-hair closed his eyes in annoyance. If only Miryo wouldn’t like GaIn that much, he would quietly put his glass down, walk up to, compared to his height, tiny woman, wrap his long slim fingers around his thin neck and slowly force the last of those annoying sounds out of her. “Yah! Are you even listening?” she spoke again and red-hair opened his eyes, giving her a blood-freezing look. “Can’t we agree on something? I could pay half of my income to her. That would be more than enough.”

“I have my orders.” Red-hair responded shortly, finally sipping from the glass he was given. “She knows me. She could change her mind if I could meet her. Where is she?” GaIn went from high and piercing to medium and pleading, sitting down next to the male. “At least speaking with her on the phone would do. Can you call her?” she continued while the red-hair looked at the liquid in his glass. All these pleads were the main reason why Miryo sent him and didn’t come herself – she would have given in for GaIn’s charms and requests, but this time that kind of weakness was not an option.

“For higher sake, sacrifices need to be made.” Red-hair spoke, placing the glass on the table. “If you are not willing to sell, open the safe.” He stood up and walked to the cabinet behind GaIn’s desk, opening the door and revealing a safe hidden in it. “But there’s a lot more money than you could get from selling this place!” she went back to shrieking. “It was your choice. Open it.” Red-hair commanded and nodded toward the safe.

“I won’t! Let me talk to Miryo.” She insisted. She stood up and walked backwards to a chest of drawers and turned around only when she reached it, quickly grabbing a revolver from one of the drawers. “Let me talk to Miryo.” She repeated aiming the gun at the red-hair, who simply let out a breath and walked towards GaIn, who on the other hand stepped back until her back hit a wall. Her hands were shaking a little, as she was not used to holding a gun, but she tried to keep her aim straight, yet there was no point in doing that.

As soon as the male was close enough he grabbed GaIn’s wrists, twisted them and the gun fell on the floor. “Wrong choice again.” He said calmly, grabbing a hand-full of GaIn’s short hair and dragging her to the safe, near literally tossing her on the floor next to it. “Open it.” He ordered, ignoring the sob breaking from GaIn’s lips. “Don’t make me wait. The police will be here soon.” He said and GaIn looked up. “Police?” she breathed out, not hiding her shock. “This place needs to be shut down one way or another.” He spoke as another sob broke from her lips.

She sat up on her knees and entered the code for the safe, not caring much about anything at the moment. When the door of the safe opened she stood up, walked around the table and while the red hair was busy collecting what he had came for, she picked up the gun and aimed at, to her mind, the main reason for her pain at the moment. “Jung Leo,” she sniffed “give Miryo a greeting from me.” She said before firing the gun.

The red-hair didn’t even blink as the bullet flew pass him, ending up in the wall that was behind him. “I definitely will.” He said putting the last money package in the bag he had with him. He closed the bag and looked at the woman who was now collapsed on the floor on her knees, crying probably because her business was gone and her life will now be in prison or even worse – under the care of NSS as they probably, no, definitely saw Leo entering the building and could make the connection between GaIn, him and Miryo. He had no remorse, no pity towards her. She had brought it upon herself.

He let looked at the main hall, which was in a complete mess of men in uniforms and shocked employees, trough the glass and smirked before leaving an USB on the desk and slipping out to the door that lead to staircase to roof. The game had started.

~ Ω ~

“Action: stage 2.” WooHyun said with a grin on his face, quickly taking of the gadget improved shirt and pulling his own back on, bullet proof vest following right away. SungYeol followed his example changing and then checked the gun. “We haven’t had a field mission for a while as Otrera had left Korea after trying to break in to the Blue House security system to confirm the nuclear plant blueprints they acquired in Japan.” WooHyun spoke, checking his earpiece and receiver. “We didn’t catch them then. They somehow found a way out from their hideout and when we chased them I made a huge mistake.” He continued and SungYeol turned to him, closing the door of the car. “What happened?” SungYeol asked, leaning against the car. “We have no time for a story now.” WooHyun smirked and nodded toward the black SUV SungYeol had seen before at the scene where he caught ‘The Children of Hades’, which meant the director was here as well. Two black vans were following and as soon as they stopped, men in SWAT team gear rained out of them.

The SUV stopped next to SungYeol’s and WooHyun’s car and as soon as the engine went quiet Howon, SungGyu and director So got out of it, heading to the two waiting. “We have access to all CCTV around the building and the one the other institutions around have.” Director spoke immediately. “WooHyun, guide SungGyu to the clubs CCTV room and connect with mission room as soon as possible, we need to know what’s going on inside and where everyone is. Howon, go with them till the back door and secure it while they go inside. We will take the front.” The three mentioned nodded and looked at each other before taking half of the SWAT men and going around the building trough alleys on both sides of it.

“Take the lead.” Director looked at SungYeol. This was it – SungYeol’s first mission. He had to right to mess this up. Capturing Jung Leo would mean a major turn in the mission that was entrusted to CSD and everyone was anticipating for this turn. “Mission room, has anyone left the building?”SungYeol spoke and received a reply from MyungSoo in a second. “No. No one has left the building. Jung Leo included.” SungYeol took a deep breath and looked at the director and SWAT team behind him. This was it.

He motioned for half of the men together with the director take one side of the door and other, including himself, to take the other one. They walked across the street that was separating them from ‘Bloom’ and took needed positions before barging in. As always, a complete ruckus broke out and the security guards suddenly forgot all Korean they knew, screaming in English words that should not be repeated, while the waitresses just squatted down, covering their ears and trying to hide from the men coming through the door. A shot echoing around the club stopped everyone and made the females to scream.

“Mission room, what was that?” was the first thing SungYeol asked, hoping that it was not connected with the group who had to handle the surveillance cameras inside the building. “Other group is working on the connection, but it was not connected with them for sure.” SungYeol looked up after receiving the answer and couldn’t believe his eyes. Jung Leo was looking down at the hall from the room of the upper floor yet as unexpectedly as he appeared, he disappeared again.

“Second floor, now!” SungYeol ordered, taking the lead to the stairs that led to the second floor V.I.P zone and, as it seemed, Son GaIn’s office. “Wait, we still don’t have signal from the surveillance cameras.” MyungSoo spoke in SungYeol’s earpiece when he was already ready to kick open the door to the office. Director and 5 men from the special force team were behind him. He wasn’t going in alone like he did the last time he was leading a mission. “If we don’t go in now we will lose him.” SungYeol replied, his grip tightening around his gun. There was silence on the other end until an awaited reply came.

“We got signal. Go.”

The door was kicked open, yet the surprise awaiting them was unpleasant. Jung Leo was gone. Son GaIn was still there, sitting on the floor, a gun in her hands, but there was no sign of their number one target at the moment. “He left 2 minutes ago.” Voice, which belonged to SungGyu this time, spoke in the earpiece. “The door on the left leads to roof.” SungYeol turned to the door automatically and walked forward while another voice spoke. “WooHyun, secure the back. Hoya, surround the building with the special task team. He has not left… The hell…” MyungSoo was giving orders but then stopped suddenly. “Someone is cutting off our CCTV connection. We just lost the view from across the street.” SungYeol turned to director who looked back at him. “Roof. Now.” He spoke shortly and SungYeol did not have to be told twice.

“Target is on the roof… wait… damn it!” SungGyu spoke again. “We’re cut off. Someone let in a video eater. SungJong, tell me you can fix this.” These news made SungYeol to tense up more as he run up the stairs. Someone knew they will be here and knew enough to cut their ‘eyes’ off from distance. “We have our own problems. We’re losing connection to cameras one after another.” MyungSoo’s voice from the mission room spoke and SungYeol sped up, jumping over three steps at once and ended up on the roof.

“Jung Leo!” he exclaimed, aiming his gun at the red hair wearing, by the looks of it, expensive blue suit and standing on the edge of the roof, his back turned to SungYeol. “You are under arrest for several cyber crimes against the country.” He continued, breathing hard. He heard how the director run up the last flight of stairs and took his place next to SungYeol. “You have nowhere to run. Give up.” Directors spoke and the red-hair turned his head a little meeting SungYeol’s eyes for a moment. “Warriors never give up.” He said and for an absolute shock jumped off the roof.

Both SungYeol and director run forward to the edge of the building. There was no one in the alley, apart from SWAT team quickly approaching from the left side and… a truck leaving to the right.

“Track down the movement of white delivery truck. License plate number - Seoul, 85; 4901” SungYeol spoke in to the receiver and got an immediate response, shocking everyone who heard it.

“We can’t. We’re totally cut off.” MyungSoo spoke and looked at the screens before him. “We can’t do anything to regain the connection now. They are using Hades’ codes.” He continued looking at the green binary code formed ‘H’ on the screens all around them.