14

It Hurts

 

Jaejoong brought her to an expensive restaurant and ordered a room separate from the other customers.

Dara felt uneasy with all these new stuff going on.

 

Jaejoong noticed her awkward aura and smiled to himself as he remembered the old times.

“Sandara,” he called and she looked at him. “ Stop fidgeting,” he chuckled. “ Don’t worry, you look good,”

Dara nodded weakly and placed her hands on her lap.

 

The food was served and they ate in silence.

Jaejoong was the talker so he told her all about his life abroad; the success of his studies, the glory of being recognized as an elite person, and so much stuff about them.

“So, how was your life?” he asked.

“It’s been good... boring actually,” Dara bit her lip. “ Then I met Jiyoung,” her face brightened.

“You know, ever since I lived with Donghae, he never let me out for some unknown reason. Then one night, Jiyoung popped out of the kitchen from nowhere and asked who I was,” her lips formed into a smile at the memory. “ He thought I was a ghost of some sort and the house was haunted. Donghae got really angry at first, but I helped spare poor Jiyoung’s life. Then he befriended me and took me out in the city,”

“I see he’s a nice company,” Jaejoong leaned back and took a sip from the drink.

“He also suggested, no—forced me to get a makeover,” Dara combed her now smooth, straightened auburn hair.” And he gave me pretty clothes I wasn’t able to wear before,” her tone was thankful.

Jaejoong knew she liked Jiyoung.

“I could buy you pretty clothes too,” he blurted out, a little bit cross. I can buy you anything. I could probably love you better than him.

Dara looked up in surprise.

“I mean,” Jae straightened his body uncomfortably. “ I will, if you want to,” he quickly flashed a fake, calming smile towards her.

“Oh,” Dara timidly nodded. “ thanks,”

 

After eating they head out to the amusement park. Jaejoong lead the way as he held onto Dara’s hand. Their fingers weren’t interlaced. His head seemed to have cooled off a bit.

Every time Jae tried to show her something, or talk about something, Dara would always seem blank, or her responses late, for her mind was away.

Jaejoong tried his best to ignore this stuff, but couldn’t help realize it already.

 

Their last ride was on the Ferris wheel. It was perfect for the sun was about to set.

 

Dara was scared at first, but Jaejoong held onto her hand.

 

“Wow, the people look like ants,” Dara mumbled as she looked down fifty feet below her.

“Yeah,” Jaejoong sat across from her as he gazed at the girl who –kind of—rejected his love.

For a while, they stayed on top and the cable shook a little from the wind.

Dara’s eyes widened as she quickly rushed to Jae’s side, causing more movement from their bubble.

“Jaejoong, I don’t want to die,” scared, she innocently buried her face onto his shoulder.

Jaejoong chuckled in response as he placed an arm over her shoulder.

“Don’t worry, you won’t. I’m here,” he assured her.

 

“Dara, you know I love you, right?”

Silence.

Jaejoong felt her nod.

“We’ve been waiting for each other too, right?”

“Y-yeah,”

“Now we’re together,”

“mmhhmm,”

“I know you like someone else, and,”

Dara sat straight and looked into Jaejoong’s eyes.

“I love you enough to let you go,”

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Omo, I ran out of chapters :P  恭禧發財!!! <-- not simplified though.