So Close

Once Upon A Song

 

Author's Note:

@Kaye Bee, remember your request last October? You know, the whole “Minho and Sulli dancing contemporary to Symptoms” thing? Forgive me for I have failed you. I tried my best, but a different story came across my mind. Hope you enjoy this one. I dedicate this to you :)

 

Sorry for my poor grammar, verb consistency, narrations here. I did no editing for this story.

 

Put your earphones/headphones on, click on the link, and start reading.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Song: click here

 

 

 

 

Minho’s POV

 

 

 

Boys and girls of my age started to crowd the dance floor as a sweet melody played in the background. It was the cue. It’s time for the grand cotillion.

 

 

 

 

Prom. Yes. Today is our prom night. And prom wouldn’t be called a prom without a cotillion. It’s the very highlight of this event. I closed my eyes and let the music get into me. A romantic feeling hung above the air and I can’t help myself from smiling. Why? I’m not even sure. All I know is that my heart is on high spirits. I don’t know if my excited schoolmates are making me feel this way, the cozy atmosphere, or the dance itself. The dance. I smiled at the thought. I opened my eyes and saw a beautiful girl in front of me. She was dazzling in a white one shoulder flowy gown decorated with gold beads on its strap, her long brown hair worn in loose curls with a flower crown on top of her head. Her makeup was light, giving her an innocent look. She was like a living goddess. I’ll have to admit that she’s the most beautiful girl on the dance floor right now. I took a step forward, offered my hand to her, inviting her for a dance. She bowed like a princess, placed her hand on top of mine and positioned ourselves for the dance.

 

 

 

 

A typical close ballroom position. Her left hand rested on my right shoulder while I held the right one with my left and my other hand on the small portion of her back. Her hand was soft and warm against mine. It was like touching a puff of cloud from above, and a pillow giving you warmth and comfort on a cold sleepless night. I don’t know why my hand seemed to fit hers perfectly. It was my first time touching her hand like this      palm to palm, finger to finger      and my heart swelled up with something because of the feeling it gave me. By the time our eyes met, sparks flew everywhere. I was dumbfounded with those chocolate brown pools in her eyes. She smiled, and it was the most beautiful sight I’ve ever seen, taking my breath away. My eyes never left her face, admiring its features every now and then.

 

 

 

I never realized we were already dancing     swaying effortlessly to the music, twirling through a bunch of crowd around us, but not forgetting the formations and steps that the choreographer had taught us. Everything felt magical. It was like there were only two of us dancing. People around us didn’t matter. I cannot understand why I’m feeling this way. My heart seemed like it’s going to blast any moment now. My soul felt alive. My body moved on its own as I held her closer, my face just inches away from hers, not wanting to let go of this angel in front of me.

 

 

 

 

I wish I would be stuck in this moment, where I can stay in her arms forever….

 

 

 

 

Where I can stare at her eyes and be lost at their magic….

 

 

 

 

Where I can hold her close like this, and be intoxicated by her scent….

 

 

 

 

I don’t want this to end…

 

 

 

 

 

I want to spend every moment with her

 

 

 

 

 

I want to spend my life with her….

 

 

 

 

 

I started to dream of having a future with her. I started seeing myself being a successful filmmaker, while I saw her inside a house, taking care of our kids, who would kiss me every time I got home from my work. We will stroll hand in hand on a park and watch the beautiful sunset together. I was so excited to make the memory happen, when I noticed her eyes changed. They became sad. And then a tear suddenly escaped from the corner of her eye. I wanted to wipe it and cup her face under my hand, and ask what’s wrong but she looked down and twirled away from me. I took a step towards her to ask why she left me so abruptly when a pair of cold hands landed on my neck, sending me shivers all over.

 

 

 

 

 

“Hey baby,” it was Yuri. “I am your partner now. Don’t you go running over that best friend of yours. We need to change partners after the of the song right? Don’t tell me you forgot about me,” she said, frowning.

 

 

 

 

“How could I forget you? You’re my girlfriend, remember? I was waiting for this moment the whole time,” I smiled at her, trying to ignore the daggers piercing through my heart because of the words I told Yuri. I lied to her. And most of all, I lied to myself.

 

 

 

I glanced one last time on her direction. My chest squeezed in pain at the sight of having the arms of her new partner wrapped around her. It stung me more than daggers. I fought back the urge to remove those arms away from her but I had to control myself. Sorry Sulli. I would’ve chosen you but I realized my feelings too late. I love you Sulli, whether it’s wrong or right to love you now. And even if I can’t be with you tonight, just always remember that my heart is always by your side.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You know, it’s alright to cry.”

 

 

 

I looked up at surprise. Chanyeol was staring at me, his eyes were soft. I blinked, then realized my eyes were already wet. I wiped the traces of tears on my cheek and fought back the grief that was trying to overpower me. I smiled apologetically at him.

 

 

 

“But you must not do it now. You will ruin your makeup. You should not walk up the stage with your makeup smudged all over your face and receive the Prom Queen award tonight,” he grinned.

 

 

 

“I won’t win that award. I am not beautiful. Besides, there’s Yuri. She will definitely take home the crown,” I said while staring at the couple a few feet from us. They seemed happy.

 

 

 

Chanyeol suddenly grabbed my chin with his thumb and pointer finger and forced me to look at him. His eyes were gentle but intense. “Don’t look at them. And believe me, you’re the most beautiful girl in this room.” Then he hugged me.

 

 

 

His actions were so abrupt. I tried to push myself away from him.

 

 

 

Don’t. I know you’re gonna cry any time soon now. I won’t let that happen. And you need someone to comfort you right now. I am giving you comfort. It’s alright to cry, but don’t do it now.” He whispered.

 

 

 

I was grateful that Chanyeol was making things lighter for me. I know it’s not that easy to forget my feelings that I’ve hidden deep down in my heart for a long time. But thanks to him, I felt that I was not alone anymore. That I have someone where I can lend a shoulder to whenever I grieve about Minho.

 

 

 

“Thank you,” I whispered back to him.

 

 

 

 

 

Sulli's gown

 

Sulli's hair

 

 

Sulli's flower crown

credits to the owner

 

 

 

It’s up to you on how you’ll interpret the story (especially Minho and Sulli’s feelings).

 

Please leave comments below. I’ll appreciate all your thoughts about this fanfic.

 

Thank you for reading guys. I hope you had a good time. Love you guys!! ♥

 

 

-lesleychoi