Bonus Chapter

Young Love

"Can I borrow your phone?"

"No, Jongin."

"Please! I swear I'll make it quick."

"I said no."

"But I need to call Kyungsoo!"

"You're sick, Jongin. You need to rest."

Jongin is just about to make more excuses as to why he needs to talk to Kyungsoo but his mom beats him to it, "You heard me, Jongin. Sleep." His mom firmly scolds as she gently pushes Jongin to lay flat on the bed, pulling the covers up until it reaches just right below his chin.

"But can I call him once I wake up? I'll be better by then." The kid whispers as he cutely juts his bottom lip out, attempting to persuade his mom whose resolve is slowly crumbling.

"Fine. The earlier you rest, the faster you can talk to Kyungsoo."

"Okay!" Jongin quickly nods with a smile on his lips before letting sleep take over him.

Jongin couldn't wait to wake up.

 

--


If Jongin thinks he's the only one who's currently having a hard time, then he's definitely mistaken. Kyungsoo – whose unfortunately stuck with Kris and Chanyeol – is busy sulking, his snacks still untouched. The twin towers even hear the midget murmuring something along the lines of "stupid Jongin why did you get sick" and "I don't miss him nope definitely not". 

"Aren't you going to eat your sandwiches?" Chanyeol barely makes the words out as he continuously munches on his own food while greedily stealing glances at Kyungsoo's.

The wide-eyed kid only glares at him so he backs out, turning his attention to Kris' food – in which the latter quickly responds with a shake of the head.

"Ask your mom to drive you to Jongin's house if you miss him that much." Kris nonchalantly says as he tries to keep his food away from Chanyeol's hands.

"I don't miss him!" Kyungsoo immediately replies as if that would make his statement sound real because come on, who are we trying to kid here? The kid looks like he's about to cry.

The midget only gets an unamused glare from the two. 

"I s-swear! I-it's just that um I'm getting tired of hanging out with you two! I feel small okay? I don't want it!"

"Seriously, Soo?" The towers both reply as they continuously give Kyungsoo that look that basically screams "you're a liar".

"Just go visit him after school." Kris says as he pats their friend's narrow shoulder.

"Yeah, you're insufferable." Chanyeol adds which (un)fortunately gains him a punch on the arm.

Chanyeol mentally notes never to mess with the midget again.

 

--

 

"Jongin, wake up."

"Jongin."

"JONGIN."

"Why." The kid mumbles as he burrows himself deeper into his blankets, "You told me to get more sleep why are you waking me up."

"Kyungsoo's here."

"I don't want to get up just – WHAT." Jongin quickly sits up as he excitedly scans each and every corner of the room – only to be met with nothing. Nope, definitely no Kyungsoo. "That's not a good joke!" He whines to his mother in which the latter responds with a chuckle.

The door to his room suddenly opens, revealing Kyungsoo who is shyly walking towards him with his hands fumbling with the hem of his shirt. His mom goes out of the room, leaving the kids on their own.

"Kyungsoo!" Jongin sprints as if he isn't sick and engulfs the wide-eyed kid -- whose eyes widen even more -- in a tight embrace. "I missed you!"

"I mi – um are you okay now?" Kyungsoo replies while trying to push Jongin off of him, "I can't breathe."

"Oh, um sorry. But yes, I already feel better especially now that I finally get to talk to you!" Jongin practically bounces on his feet as he leads Kyungsoo to his bed. "What happened in school? Did Chanyeol ask for your food again? Did Kris stop bothering that wushu kid? Did you guys make something cute for art class? Didntyoumissme." 

Jongin says the last part part quickly that the shorter kid almost didn't catch it. But well, unfortunately for Jongin, Kyungsoo did. 

The wide-eyed kid face is painted with a deeper shade of red as he tries to look anywhere but Jongin. "We um did the usual. We did some exercises and some of the teachers gave us homework – and um yeah remind me to give you the list later." Kyungsoo pauses as he tries to compose himself. "Chanyeol also attempted to eat my food again and Kris still went with his plans of getting Tao to talk to him. We also drew something for art class which um answers your last question."

Before Jongin can even ask how Kyungsoo heard that last part, the latter is nervously (yup, with shaky and trembling hands) handing him a piece of paper.

Jongin almost sobs as he takes a look at the paper the shorter kid has given him. Two stick figures are drawn at the center of the paper, one is taller than the shorter and the latter has way bigger eyes than the former. Jongin doesn't need to think twice to recognize who those kids are. He quickly attaches himself to Kyungsoo, arms tightly wrapped around the shorter's waist. 

"Thanks, Soo!" 

Kyungsoo slowly brings his arms up to wrap them around the tan kid who literally squeals in happiness when he feels Kyungsoo hugging him back. "No problem, Jongin."

Jongin is just about to detach himself from the shorter when the latter firmly keeps him in place. The shorter kid burrows his face deeper into Jongin's chest, mumbling something that Jongin wouldn't be able to hear if he doesn't pay attention.

Jongin couldn't help but grin as he thinks that yup, Kyungsoo really did miss him.

 

-- 

 

a/n: i didn't even plan on writing a bonus chapter lol but yeah here you go! school's just stressing me out so much and it's been a while since i last wrote something. i hope you guys enjoyed? sorry for grammar and spelling mistakes! i'm too lazy to proofread lol comments are appreciated!!!!