Chapter O n e;;

A Soundless World

A Soundless World
Actions Always Speak Louder Than Words
Chapter O n e;;
- - -

 

 

It began like any other day. Get up, do the morning ritual; which included him flaunting himself... To himself, wear the uniform his own way and of course eat breakfast with the family before breaking around 90% of the Korean traffic laws in his billion dollar sports car. Okay, lets not exaggerate about the car... It was a million dollar sports car.

 

“Wait a minute!” his father interrupted as he snatched the keys from his son's hands. JaeJoong sent him a look before attempting to grab the keys again, “No, you're not driving.”

 

“What? Why?” he questioned.

 

“I already warned you about you picking fights,” his father answered, his tone obviously not too pleased with his son, “Honestly, if you were into your studying like you are with your friends, parties and your car... You probably would be in college right about now.”

 

The younger male Kim snorted, “Is that all?”

 

“Don't use that tone with me either,” Ran Young bit out, “I swear Kim JaeJoong, if you get into one more fight, I'm shipping you to Cheongug Village!”

 

Oooh, I'm so scared is what he wanted to say, but honestly... His father was beginning to get on his nerves. Besides, when did he even start caring about his little hobby at school anyway? Hyomi... Er, his mother hardly cared and always tended to the little snot spawn he had to call sister. Well actually, his mother did care every now and then, but it always at times when he was having a bad day. And if this kept up... His father was going to be the reason why he was being a complete to his friends for the rest of the day.

 

“Whatever,” was all he said as he picked up his bag, swung it over his shoulder and called out for HyunJae, their personal chauffeur to take him to school. Immediately the aging driver shuffled out of his sleeping corridors and followed his boss' son to the family limo.

 

“I'm starting to miss the little crybaby,” Ran Young sighed as he walked back to the table. Hyomi quietly turned to her husband, while flashing him a reassuring smile.

 

“I know,” she confessed as she lifted up the spoon and feed their daughter, “But you have this little crybaby to tend to. JaeJoong's grown up... And unfortunately, we can only do so much now.”

 

Nodding, Ran Young then turned his attention to his babbling one year old, “You're not going to turn out like your brother, are you Yoona?”

 

Yoona merely stared and hiccuped.

 

- - -

 

Once arriving at Gwangtae High, HyunJae quickly got out from the driver's seat and walked over to the back, where JaeJoong waited for the door to open. Once the door did open, he merely climbed out, not really bothering to say anything to the chauffeur.

 

“Have a wonderful day in class, Wang Ja,” HyunJae said as he bid his younger master a farewell and waited for him to reach the school gates.

 

As always, JaeJoong was greeted by a horde of girls and his friends, who were surrounded by the female students as well. Managing to somehow get together, he greeted his four friends with the normal handshakes and friendly hugs.

 

“Ha, couldn't make your fancy entrance, huh?” the one with glasses couldn't help but tease. Upon hearing this snarky remark, JaeJoong sent him a narrowed look.

 

“You can go to hell Yunho,” he spat as he began to walk away.

 

“Ouch, someone wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?” Yoochun, an equally gorgeous flirtatious playboy, questioned with a smug smile.

 

“You guys are being douches, you know that?” JaeJoong offhandedly commented as he continued to walk forward and deeper into the campus grounds. Yunho and Yoochun then snickered, while the third person merely shook his head.

 

“And really immature,” Changmin added; although the group's youngest... Was actually the school's famous prodigy. Originally a grade lower than his friends, Changmin ended up skipping a grade after scoring a perfect 100 on the nation's special test, plus the bonus essay (also a perfect score of 10); which shot up the grade to 200%. This automatically gave him the opportunity to go to college; however, he decided to at least finish his final year in high school, with the peons he called friends.

 

“Whatever,” was all Yoochun said as the familiar chime of the school's bell rang loudly; signaling the students of Gwangtae High school to go to class.

 

Although infamously known to skip, JaeJoong decided to actually go to class instead. He was willing to do anything to get his mind off his father's bipolarity toward him. He seriously had no idea why his father really started caring so much... Before, he normally was so engrossed with work, he could have probably gotten away with murder. But the moment he entered his second year of high school, Ran Young suddenly started hawking him. Eying his every move, constantly asking where he went... Taking away his driving privileges... And the whole talk about college always came up.

 

That right there... Pissed him off.

 

I see that Mr. Kim decided to come to class today,” his English teacher, Mrs. Penn feigned a gasped in English, “What brings us the honor of having you here, your highness?

 

Standing at the entrance way, JaeJoong merely side glanced at the aging woman before he snorted and made his way to the very back window seat, at the very back of the room. He also ignored the fangirlish stares his female peers were sending his way and then dropped his bag near his seat before sitting down and instantly leaned over the desk, where he could sleep.

 

Mr. Kim, I hope you don't plan on sleeping the entire period,” Mrs. Penn called out loudly; only to receive the finger from the person she was mocking... Like that was seriously new, “I'll just take that as a yes then. Alright class, we'll allow Sleeping Beauty over there sleep while the rest of take out your textbooks and turn to page 234. We'll continue where we left off...”

 

As Mrs. Penn's voice drowned on, JaeJoong casually lifted his attention toward the window, which had the perfect view of the school's PE area... Especially the school's soccer field. He merely watched as his other friend; Kim Junsu (who normally came to school early because of soccer practice) continued to practice along side his teammates. Although Junsu was a class clown and sometimes... No, he was an idiot; when it came down to soccer, he was the school's prized athlete. Probably out of his small circle of friends, Junsu knew what he wanted to do in life and he had both his parents to back him up and support him all the way. JaeJoong somewhat envied him because of that... But at the same time, he was happy for him. Junsu was after all... A great fighter too.

 

Actually all of his super close friends were... Even Mr. Einstein the Second, also known as Shim Changmin, knew how to fight. The five of them practically ruled this district with an iron fist; hell, some people even believed that the five of them were the greatest in the entire city of Seoul.

 

And JaeJoong planned to keep it that way.

 

The school day wore on; nothing too eventful happened... Not even lunch was exciting. Sure, he was practically waited on by his fangirls and the flirting fest began, but overall, nothing happened. No challenges, no es who normally busted into their school just to challenge them... Not even a threatening phone call.

 

That was until the final period of the day, JaeJoong's cellphone vibrated. Sighing, he lazily pulled out his cellphone and flipped it open, his dark eyes staring at the text message he just received.

 

You. Us. Now.
Usual place. Be alone.
- Meojeoli

 

“Oh finally!” JaeJoong sat up straight, which caused the class to stare at him. Just when his Calculus instructor was about to say something, JaeJoong merely began to pack up and practically dashed out of the classroom. Staring at the door, Changmin and Junsu then looked at one another before nodding and following their leader out.

 

“W-wait!” Mr. Lee called out; however, Junsu and Changmin already left, “Oh nevermind...”

 

“Hyung!” they shouted at the same time and followed him down the hall.

 

“I finally got a challenge,” he smirked, “But this is a solo job.”

 

“Eh? From who?” Junsu questioned as he continued to trail JaeJoong.

 

“Meojeoli,” was all JaeJoong said as he pushed opened the doors of the building, “Yah, Changmin, can I borrow your bike?”

 

“What? No!” the younger one answered, “Hyung... I have a really bad feeling about this. Just now Meojeoli decided to call you out?”

 

“Well, it's been awhile since they last contacted me,” the elder muttered as he stopped in front of Changmin's Suzuki Hayabusa, “I've been bored all ing day and I'm not backing this down... Even if it's just Meojeoli... I need a ing punching bag to vent on anyway. Oh and if my folks call... Tell them I'm with you.”

 

“Hyung...” Changmin's eyes narrowed as he pulled out his keys, splitting his bike keys and handed them to JaeJoong's waiting hand, “Whatever then... It's your funeral. But seriously, call us if you need help...”

 

“I'll consider it,” JaeJoong grinned sarcastically as he slipped on the helmet and inserted the keys into the ignition. Flipping the visor down, he then gave his friends a two finger salute before riding away to the meeting spot.

 

“Should we follow him?” Junsu suddenly questioned as he turned to the younger male, “I mean... I kinda have a bad feeling about this too.”

 

“And if he finds out, we're going to be his next punching bags,” Changmin muttered as he turned around and began to walk back to the campus grounds, “I need a ride home now.”

 

“Yah, wanna come over for video games?” Junsu grinned, causing Changmin to turn around; his eyes now glittering with complete interest.

 

“Certainly~”

 

- - -

 

Thanks to Changmin's bike, it didn't take him long to reach his destination. However, he didn't see the so called number one fighters of Meojeoli High school, but he had the feeling that they were there. Unless that so called threatening text message was nothing but a damn joke... Then he just wasted his time. But the moment he appeared at the actual spot, the gang of Meojeoli suddenly popped in, looking as smug as ever.

 

Like that was new to him...

 

"Okay, I'm here; by myself as requested... So lets get this the over with so I can go the home," he practically spat as he dropped his bag and slipped off his uniform blazer before he began to roll up his sleeves.

 

"Cocky as always, huh princess?" the idiot leader from Meojeoli High school smirked, "I hope you're ready to get your lame handed to you... Because we're going to make sure that you're gone once and for all."

 

JaeJoong merely rolled his eyes, "You have got to be tin' with me Cheom Bom... Seriously, don't make me laugh. Haven't I heard this little whine of yours before?"

 

"Har Har... You were so funny, I forgot to laugh..." he continued, his smirk never fading. For a moment, JaeJoong rose a brow; however, his expression suddenly changed when another rival school slowly appeared right behind the gang of Meojeoli, "And by the way, looks like you have another score to settle with them. So, I hope you don't mind... But I invited Seulegi High to join us~"

 

Mother er...! Figures Changmin would be right... Again.

 

Narrowing his eyes a bit, JaeJoong then relaxed; his lip twisting upward slightly as he wiped the corner of his lip with his thumb, "Alright, we'll play it this way; I'll just kick all your asses at once and really prove that I'm number one in this damn city."

 

"Bring it on, Pretty Boy," was all Cheom Bom said as everyone charged for JaeJoong.

 

! ! ! He mentally hissed as he barely dodged someone using a baseball bat as a weapon. Somehow, he managed to grab the guy's wrist, twist it and yank the weapon from him. He then proceeded to the bat into the guy's stomach and while he doubled over in pain, JaeJoong then slammed the bat on the guy's back; rendering him unconscious. One down... Twenty three to go... .

 

“... I'm gonna need help...” he muttered as he whipped out his cellphone; just when he was just about to speed dial for Yunho's cellphone number, some idiot managed to make him drop his cellphone and kick it far away from him. JaeJoong's eyes narrowed, “Okay dumb , you did not just kick my brand new cellphone... You're dead!”

 

JaeJoong proceeded to kick the guy with a side kick before smacking another with the bat. And the pattern continued for awhile, but the lower of number, the more he found himself having a hard time. He already found himself with a cut lip, a bruised cheek, a potential black eye, perhaps a few cracked ribs... And those cracked ribs were hurting like hell.

 

I don't think I can keep this up any longer... He winced, one hand holding onto his sides while the other kept a grip in the bloody bat. He was probably internally bleeding and he already had blood dripping from the side of his head. It was just him and five others; those five surrounding him with weapons and smirks. Amongst the five, were Cheom Bom and Dong Min, who was the leader of the fighters from Seulegi High school.

 

“Oh look, Kim JaeJoong... The so called undefeated fighter of all Seoul is finally figuring out that he's human,” Cheom Bom mocked as he and the other four fighters began to circle him, like the vultures they were, “I already told you... We were going to put you in your ing place.”

 

JaeJoong merely his bloody lips, even though it stung when he did that, but he managed to not flinch, “There's only five of you heads left and I'm still standing, so what do ya got to say about that, hmmm...?”

 

Cheom Bom's smirk faltered, before he sent the Gwangtae leader a deadly glare, “You won't be saying this once I'm done bashing in that ing face of yours into the concrete.”

 

Without much of a thought, Dong Min appeared from behind; tackling JaeJoong to the concrete and before any reaction came from JaeJoong, the other three fighters jumped on him all at once. Before he knew it, he found himself being punched, kicked and smacked around with their weapons.

 

Not far from them, a young individual picked up JaeJoong's cellphone; her eyes widening at sight. With shaky hands, she dialed the three digit number for emergencies before accidentally dropping the cellphone due to her shaky hands.

 

“Ah... Ah... Ma...Ah...” she began muttering gibberish as she tried to pick up the cellphone; however went to hide when the fighters suddenly began to stop and began to look around.

 

“Who the called the police?!” Dong Min growled when they heard the emergency dispatch's voice coming from JaeJoong's cellphone. Looking at JaeJoong, who was now a bloody mess and also rendered unconscious, the fighters then pulled away. Out of nowhere, they then heard sirens coming closer, “...!”

 

“Just leave him!” Cheom Bom shouted as he and the rest of the fighters broke apart and ran away from the scene.

 

Once they were gone, the girl got up from her hiding spot before running over to JaeJoong's lifeless form. Falling to her knees, she began to gently pat his dirty cheek as if she were trying to wake him up and keep him awake. Surprisingly, he began to stir, his eyes slowly opening while she smiled down at him gently. However, the moment she saw the lights of the police cars, she quickly ripped her necklace off her neck and placed it in JaeJoong's hand. She then proceeded to write something on his chest with her finger before getting up and running off.

 

For Good Luck...