Chapter 1

Save Her

Her screams filled his ears and tore at his heart. Then he ran out of the room.
"Help!" Yongguk yelled down the hallway, trying to get somebody's attention. "Somebody help!"
Then several people were running towards him and he stepped out of the way as they ran past him into the room. He stood in the doorway and stared at them. Confused. Then his eyes moved down to the girl on the floor as she continued screaming and withering in pain. They had ran right past her.
The noise from the machine caught his attention and he looked at it, seeing the flat line. The doctors did everything they could but it didn't change.
"No!" she screamed and shook her head. "No, no, no! Please!"
He could only watch her, feeling so completely helpless. Then his vision blurred as he felt himself disappear slightly as someone ran through him before going back to normal. He placed a hand on his chest but didn't feel anything. Then she started screaming louder and he watched as the doctors stepped away from the bed with defeated looks.
"Oh god no! No, Yongguk, no! Please don't leave me!"
His body laid in the bed, covered in bandages and blood. Looking back at her, he felt his eyes water and swallowed past a lump. "Help her please." he whispered as his voice cracked. "Somebody help her."


"This was a great night." she told him as she clung on to his arm.
Yongguk chuckled and nodded in agreement. "Happy anniversary."
"Happy anniversary." Then she puckered her lips.
Eagerly, he kissed you and then they continued walking down the sidewalk, the streetlights illuminating their steps while the stars twinkled overhead. "Do you know where we are?"
"Of course." she replied with a giggle as she looked around at the shops. "This is where we first met."
"Best day of my life."
"Yongguk!" she exclaimed at his cheesiness.
"Well it was!" he retorted. "Unless you want to change that."
She stopped and gave him an odd look. "What do you mean?"
He swallowed hard and felt the velvet box in his jacket pocket. Now or never. Then he knelt down and held the box up. "Will you marry me?" he asked her as he opened it to reveal a diamond ring.
Her eyes widened in shock and both of her hands covered . His heart thundered in his chest and he felt like he couldn't breath, anxiety overwhelming him.
"Oh Yongguk." she murmured and met his gaze.
Was that a yes or a no? He swallowed hard as his jaw shook. "So your answer is...?"
She blinked in surprise, shaking out of her stupor, and then smiled at him. "Yes. Of course my answer is yes."
Then he was able to breath again as he quickly stood up, embracing her in a tight hug. "You had me worried there for a sec."
"Sorry." she offered. "This is just so sudden."
"Not for me." he told her. "I've been thinking of this for a long time now. I love you with all my heart and I want to spend the rest of my life with you."
She pulled back and gave him an affectionate look. "That's what I want too."
With a huge grin, he grabbed the ring out of the box and took her hand. He carefully slipped it on her finger before bringing her hand up to his lips for a kiss. "Thank you."
"I feel like the lucky one." she said as she admired the ring.
He shook his head, feeling so much love in his heart. "I'm the lucky one.

Yongguk walked her to her front door before kissing her goodnight. "I'd stay over but I have to get up early for work."
"It's okay." she replied then thoughtfully looked at him with a smile. "Though once we're married, it wouldn't matter."
"I could always sleep on the couch." he teased and then laughed when she playfully glared at her.
She grabbed and pulled him in for one last kiss. "Drive home safe please."
"I will." he promised and caressed her cheek. "I'll call you when I get home."
"You better." she warned.
He chuckled. "Yes ball and chai- I mean ma'am."
She laughed loudly and threw herself at him for a hug. Then reluctantly let him go. "Get out of here before I force you to spend the night."
"Okay." Another kiss. "I love you."
"I love you."

Yongguk stopped at the red light and hummed happily. Tonight was perfect and everything he could hope for. He remembered back to her face when he asked her to marry him and smiled fondly. Then his body jerked when a car slammed in to the back of his car and pushed him in to the intersection. Everything was a blur as other cars hit him, throwing him every which way.
Finally he stopped and opened his eyes. His head was laying against the cracked driver window and he saw pavement under it. His car was on its side and there was shattered glass everywhere. Then he noticed the velvet box laying by the dash, empty now because the ring was on her finger. He tried to reach for it but his arm didn't move. Nothing seemed to want to move.
His eyelids felt heavy and he closed his eyes, seeing only her. Until everything went black.