Final

Be My Caramel Macchiato

 

Warning: One of my worst one-shots ever because I'm exhausted and not in the mood to write but I promised you a birthday present <3

 

It was a bright and sunny day yet it was not too hot. The air was fresh and the wind was cool. It was 7:30 in the morning and like always, you would be at 'Milky Way' for your daily dose of caffeine. "Welcome!" The workers greeted when you stepped into the cozy cafe. It is neither too big nor small and you love to be here because it has this warm feeling to it, making it feel like home.

Sitting at the usual booth that was right at the other end of the cafe, you took out your book to read. Class would start at 9am and you had more than enough time to enjoy your breakfast. "Here you go. Your usual blueberry muffin with a cup of Caramel Macchiato." A deep voice broke your peace but you smiled when you realised who it was.

Looking up, you flashed him a smile. "Thank you Chanyeol."

"No problem." He gave you his famous toothy grin before heading back to work. *She's as beautiful as ever.* Chanyeol smiled to himself like some lovesick fool while wiping a table. Well he IS wiping the table but his eyes were on you. He was admiring your long, silky brown locks and how they look so soft that he just wants to run his hand through it. He noticed how you would frown in concentration every now and then and how a small smile would be playing on your lips whenever you read a good part.

"You should totally just ask her out." Baekhyun spoke and Chanyeol snapped out of his trance.

"W-What?" Was he that obvious that he is in love with you?

"Yes, it is obvious that you like her especially since you stare at her every single day." Baekhyun replied, as if he read his best friend's mind.

"Roselle!" Chanyeol’s attention was immediately shifted to the handsome boy that just stepped into the café. He has blonde hair and his features are so baby-like, making him look adorable and younger than he really is. Chanyeol frowned when he saw the blonde male going towards you and sitting down like he does every Monday.

*And as usual, he is here as well.* A frown replaced the smile on his face and he scrubbed the table while glaring at the blonde male. Baekhyun rolled his eyes when he saw his friend’s immature behaviour before attending to other customers.

“Luhan.” You grinned and kept your book when you saw him. Luhan reached out to pat your head while smiling as well.

“How’s school?” He asked and you told him about the interesting things that happened while he listened attentively.

 

*Ah! She’s leaving!* Chanyeol saw you and Luhan standing up and quickly went over to clean the table.

“Bye Chanyeol. See you again tomorrow.” Your eyes turned to crescents when you smiled and he felt his heart beating faster.

“Y-yea! I’ll see you tomorrow!” He stuttered and felt his cheeks burning up. *Gosh, why am I stumbling over my words? This is so embarrassing.* He wanted to dig up a hole on the ground and stuck his head in because he was just too embarrassed but you gave him another lovely smile before going out of the café with Luhan.

“Someone’s blushing.” Baekhyun teased and earned a smack from Chanyeol.

“She’s perfect.” Chanyeol dreamily sighed as he watched you crossed over the road and towards your university.

“And you are an idiot.” Baekhyun snorted and the giant turned around to glare at his best friend. “Don’t look at me like that you derp. You are an idiot and you know it. You have been in love with her for almost a year now so why don’t you just confess to her?” Chanyeol opened his mouth to speak but Baekhyun pushed the menu in the face. “Don’t you dare say that she doesn’t like you back. You will never know unless you try.”

Chanyeol grumbled as he followed his best friend to the cashier and he placed the menu down on the desk. “You speak like you are a pro in relationships.”

The smaller male rolled his eyes as he went to a boy whose eyes were as wide as an owl. The doe eyed boy was writing something on a piece of paper when Baekhyun wrapped his arms around his waist from the back and kissed the boy’s neck. “Hyung!” The male squeaked in shock and embarrassment while Baekhyun just laughed it off.

“Aww my Kyungsoo is so adorable.” Baekhyun kissed Kyungsoo’s nose and the younger male blushed deeply.

“We will get into trouble.” Kyungsoo muttered but he allowed Baekhyun to kiss his cheek.

“Are you kidding me? Who dare scold me, the boss of this café?” The older male raised an eyebrow and Kyungsoo sighed. He could never out-talk his boyfriend and he can never will. Taking his silence as a good sign, Baekhyun leaned in to press his soft lips against Kyungsoo’s plump ones.

Chanyeol enviously sighed as he watched his best friends kissed. He was truly happy for them but he wanted to experience that warm and heart-fluttering feeling too. *Maybe Baek’s right. I should at least try my luck.*

 

Luhan and you walked towards your home in comfortable silence. You were always the quiet girl who enjoyed looking around while walking instead of being with people who talks non-stop. “Roselle?” Chanyeol blinked a few times in disbelief while you smiled when you saw him.

“Hi Chanyeol.” The corner of his lips tugged up into a smile when he heard your voice but frowned a little when he saw Luhan beside you. “Chanyeol, this is Luhan, my cousin. Luhan, this is Chanyeol.” You introduced them to each other.

*Cousin?!* His eyes immediately lit up in happiness. “Nice to meet you.” He held out his hand and Luhan shook it. “Ah! I got to get going. Bye!” He hurried off and you waved even though he could not see it.

“Selle,” Luhan said and you looked at him. “It’s him right?” He asked and you looked at him in confusion.

“What do you mean?”

“He’s the reason why you go the café every morning without fail. You are in love with him, right?” You felt your cheeks burning up when you realised that Luhan knows your secret.

“I don’t know what you are talking about.” You muttered and quickly walked away but he fell into step with you effortlessly.

“You can deny it but I know you for so long that I can read you like an open book. It’s obvious that he likes you too.” You bit your bottom lip but smiled a little. Yes, it was obvious that Chanyeol likes you and you knew that. However, you were waiting for him, hoping that he will just confess to you one day.

 

++

“Here you go.” Chanyeol placed your muffin and coffee on the table and you thanked him with a smile before going back to your book. He was about to go back to his work when he saw Baekhyun glaring at him. Baekhyun nodded towards the table where you were sitting at. The taller male swallowed his saliva nervously before letting out a heavy sigh. *I can do it. I just have to open my goddamn mo-*

“Chanyeol?” He snapped out of his thoughts and looked at you. “Are you okay?” You were worried about him because he was not behaving normally.

“Roselle,” He sat opposite you. “do you.. I mean would you..” He struggled for the correct words and you chuckled at his cute attempt.

“Would I like to go out with you?” You help him and he eagerly nodded. “I would love to.” He grinned and got out of the seat.

“Great! I’ll meet you here after your school, okay?” He beamed before going back to work.

“You finally did it, you stupid derp!” Baekhyun hugged his best friend in happiness while Kyungsoo was smiling widely as well, happy for his friend.

“Stop embarrassing me!” Chanyeol tried to remove Baekhyun’s arms around him.

“What did you say?!” Baekhyun faked angry and pretended to kiss Chanyeol while Chanyeol grimaced and tried to get away. You softly laughed when you saw the funny yet warm scene in front of you.

*Park Chanyeol, you derp.* You watched as Baekhyun continued his torture on his friend.

 

 

You stepped into the almost empty café and saw Kyungsoo at the cashier. “Roselle, just take a seat first.” He gave you an adorable smile and he somehow reminds you of a lost owl. You nodded at his words before heading over to your usual booth.

“Roselle.” Chanyeol smiled when he saw you and you returned it. You noticed he was carrying a tray. He placed the tray on the table before grabbing the cup and adding 3 pumps of vanilla syrup and steamed milk in it with the milk foam on top.

“Roselle,” You looked at him but his concentration was on the cup instead. “Latin macchiato means stained milk because the addition of the coffee stains the milk.” He then added double shot of espresso through the milk foam. “However, would you be my caramel macchiato?” He drizzled the caramel on top of the foam before placing it in front of you.

“Would you be the sugar and happiness that colours my plain and boring life?” His eyes met yours and you felt your heart beating faster than it already was.

*Yes, yes, YES!* You were practically screaming in your head but quickly looked away, avoiding eye contact with him. He waited patiently for your answer as you took a sip of your favourite coffee and you smiled when you tasted the bittersweet taste of your drink.

Your eyes travelled up to meet his and you could see that he was very nervous and anxious but he was patiently waiting for you, as if he would wait for your answer for his whole life if needed. You beckoned him to move closer and he did as instructed. When he was close enough, you leaned forward and gave him a peck on his lips.

His eyes widened so much that he could have won Kyungsoo in a contest to see whose eyes are bigger. “I would not be your caramel macchiato.” You told him and confusion flashed through his eyes. “Because I want us to paint OUR lives together.”

The moment those words escaped your mouth, Chanyeol had already bent down to kiss you. You smiled into the kiss and he did as well. The both of you shared a kiss, one sweeter than a normal kiss thanks to the caramel macchiato.

 

-------

Sisi~ <3 I hope you enjoyed it even though it truthfully . I just wanted to do something for you and since I can't personally celebrate your birthday or give you a present, this is the least I could do. Happy birthday sisi and I LUFF YOU SO GODDAMN MUCHIE~~ <3