I like you

Entry #24

Chapter 2

It was 7:58am and Thunder was crouched over outside his house. He held his legs to his chest and rested his head on his knees. He was hardly awake and so when he heard a sudden voice he jumped up with a yelp.  “Do you need to rest more Thunder?” It was Joon, he was trying not to laugh he was really sorry for startling his dongsaeng but it was still pretty amusing to him. “I’m sorry, did I wake you too early and scare you half to death?” He bowed formally to Thunder with a sincere look of guilt pasted on his face. Cheondoong on the other hand was completely out of it and had no idea what was going on he honestly thought he was still asleep. Joon was so nice and gentle in his dreams so he assumed that he was just enjoying another pleasant thought of his crush.  He nodded off again only to be woken up moments later. He was being shaken and so his eyes shot open. “Yah do you want me to just come inside for a while? I can do some research on my laptop until you’re fully awake you’d hardly know I was here!”  And this is when Thunder realized he was definitely not sleeping…

Entry# 25

He’s in my room. How did this even happen? Because I was so tired Joon offered to just hang around my house until I felt like I had more energy. He wanted me to NAP while he just did a little research at my desk. At some point I just stared at him from my bed as he looked around my room, sort of in awe. He looked over at me when he noticed me staring and I swear he turned pink. “I’m sorry am I being weird?” He asked. No you’re just being surprisingly cute.  “I’ll just sit down now.” He sat in my desk chair with his knees tight together, he was tense and I couldn’t imagine why but somehow someone as popular and interesting as him being tense around me actually made me feel more comfortable. I didn’t have to try too hard to impress him I wouldn’t even know what would impress him to be honest. “Well are you going to nap? I’m not going to do anything weird I promise.” I could only laugh at him. “Wae wae wae? Why are you laughing?” I tried to compose myself but I couldn’t and I just lost it. “Because popular people like you make me nervous and when you asked to be my partner I was worried but you’re actually pretty normal…awkward even.” I was being too honest. “You think I’m awkward?” His eyebrows furrowed. I immediately waved my hands in front of me. “No no no not in a bad way, I guess I just didn’t know what I expected you to be like especially since you never talk.” He looked like he was thinking for a while and ruffled his bangs randomly. “No one’s ever tried to talk to me before.” He shrugged.

                My eyes widened but I quickly narrowed them so he didn’t see that I was shocked but it never occurred to me that he didn’t talk because he didn’t have anyone to talk to. “It’s probably because you’re so attractive.””What?””NOTHING!” Now he was laughing. “I like you Thunder, you should get some rest thought I’ll wake you later…when I get bored.” He gave me an eye smile,  but I had every intention of staying awake and keeping him company but my body had no intentions of staying awake and I basically fell asleep immediately instead.

When I did wake up again I was met with big eyes that searched my face. I pulled away a bit. “Too close” I groaned. “Oh sorry! I was going to wake you but it started to look like you were going to wake up on your own so I just waited.” I nodded to Joon’s comment and then hid my face. “What time is it?” “12 noon.” “I SLEPT FOR 4HOURS?” He nodded. “And you didn’t think to wake me before now?” I watched my tone since he is my senior but I was just wondering what he had been doing the entire time. “I got pretty busy looking up things and taking notes for the project but now I’m ready to head to the museum to see this sculpture.” I tilted my head. “Museum, that’s what you had planned?” He only nodded.

Without talking about it too much more pretty soon we were on our way to the museum of art and history.  He had all but completely stopped talking and so the walk there was quiet and cold. I was wondering if he was upset because he was already doing most of the project work or that I fell asleep for four hours or if I had offended him in some type of other way but I was too nervous to ask. I stayed silent and noticed that the sunlight shining on him lit up his features and revealed how handsome he really was I tried my best not to gawk at him like a creep.

When we were nearing the cross walk by the museum I finally broke the silence. “D-did I something to bother you? You can scold me you know I’m still your dongsaeng and so-“”Don’t be silly Doongie-ah I’m just thinking is all. Are you okay?” I nodded slowly in shock at his words and the fact that he called me Doongie-ah. He was becoming more and more gentle as the day went on but seemed completely oblivious to it. He merely looked both ways and crossed the street.

                We looked at several sculptures but not the one we came for and we couldn’t really figure out the map of the museum too well either. We were getting frustrated and weaving in and out of all the couples present was also frustrating. After wandering around for ten minutes in the wrong direction Joon let out a huge sigh and turned to me. “Do you want to get something to eat? There’s a café right over there” He pointed out a nearby window and to a small café just outside. My stomach growled giving me away. “I could eat.” He smiled and pulled my hand to walk us both outside. My heart was throbbing and I was in shock at the sudden contact I’m sure my hand was sweating and I was suddenly really nervous again realizing that my crush was holding my hand like it was nothing and he’s actually really nice. But as we started passing more couples I started to feel bad and sort of shut down from then on… I’d relay what all happened after but my writing wouldn’t do it any justice.

               

***

 

After arriving at the café Joon and Thunder surveyed the menu and made decisions of what to eat as a main meal and what dessert to get as a side to share. Since it was Valentine’s day the desserts were on a special menu and both boys decided on the cheesecake and strawberry shakes. “How funny that would we would order such things just because they’re cheaper with the meal today.” Joon laughed lightly but Thunder didn’t say a thing he just finished his order, paid and sat at a booth table near the window. Joon eyed him wearily then slowly approached the table and sat down. “Hey is something wrong Thunder? Are you not hungry anymore, or do you not want to share with me? I can eat it all myself honestly.” He laughed again scratching the back of his head not expecting Thunder to speak up so soon. “It’s just that you’re a young, popular, handsome guy, you should be getting chocolate from girls and going on dates but you’re here on Valentine’s day at a history museum doing school work that isn’t even due for another week with me!” Not even a few seconds passed before Joon started to burst into hysterical laughter so much so that his eyes had tears in them and his stomach had a pain in it. “You’re so honest Doongie-ah but don’t worry about those things. Can’t you tell that I’m with the person I want to be with today?”

Thunder tilted his head, sure that he was misunderstanding what his hyung meant. “Really stop looking so down. I want to be here with you, I consider this a date it’s weird and unstructured but I’m having a lot of fun. I’m not popular I’m just me and as far as chocolates go I actually wanted to be the one to give chocolate this year…”

“You made chocolate for a girl? Who? Is she in our class?” Joon just rolled his eyes and leaned over the table to flick Thunder’s forehead. Thunder was in so much shock that his entire body shuddered and he looked at Joon seriously.   Joon ignored the glare and reached into his book bag and pulled out a small box in a red wrapping. “Not for a girl but chocolate for you, aish you’re making me re-think all of this. Is it really that hard to understand?” Thunder’s face still had so much confusion painted on it that Joon decided just to spell it out for him.

“I meant want I said a second ago I consider this a date, Invited you on a date…granted it was without telling you but- …and maybe you missed what I said earlier at your house but I do like you Thunder. I hope you can accept this chocolate and my heart.” Things were quiet for a while…the tension in the room was thick and when the lunch and desserts came out Joon looked down at his and just went to eat it. He felt like crying actually, he was thinking a lot about what had just happened and what he said to the guy sitting across from him. He was almost too overwhelmed to eat. Because of where they were seated no one could actually see or hear them which and he was glad about that.

While he was in his daze, Thunder had opened the box and noticed how much work Joon had put into the chocolate he made for him. He was still too in shock to take everything all in but he definitely wanted to try his Valentine’s present.  The next thing Joon heard was a moan of pleasure that escaped the mouth of his junior. “Mmm hyung this is really good chocolate...t-thank you for giving it to me.” Joon blinked rapidly and was at a loss for words. “Have you not tried any?” Joon hesitantly shook his head causing Thunder to place a small piece of chocolate between his teeth and lean over the table. He grabbed Joon’s chin and lifted it so their mouths met in a light kiss as he passed the chocolate from his teeth to his senior’s. After it was successfully in his mouth Thunder pushed forward to kiss him full on before sitting back down. “Really thank you hyung. I’m so lucky to be liked by someone as amazing as you. Please take care of me!” He laughed to himself then went to eat his food but leaving one hand at the center of the table. Joon grabbed his hand and intertwined their fingers. “So is this going in your journal later or….?”
 

“              YOU KNOW ABOUT MY JOURNAL?! “

“I may have read entries 1- 23 but you started to wake up before I could get to 24.” 

Thunder let out at heavy exhale. “That’s good, you’d laugh so much if you knew what I wrote about for entry 24.”

“Oh like what?”

“Just this guy that I like, nothing special.”

Joon’s eyes widened as he nodded realizing that the guy Thunder just mentioned writing about, was him. “I want to read it.” Joon demanded.

“Yeeeeah not a chance hyung.”   The two laughed before continuing to eat awkwardly in each other’s company still not too sure what was really happening between them.

 


[Author note] I'm sorry for one. This being months late. Two. it being really bad and three. I'm not sure but I'm sorry for it.

What are the odds that I wrote this to be a Valentine's story that I started in October and I finished it on Valentine's day~ that's just sad really. I'll work harder on my next Joondoong fics I promise!