Inseparable

Creep

Chapter Two.

 
 
"Let's play video games," Joonyoung and I finally said at the same time before breaking into laughter. 
 
It was amusing how the guy who I couldn't talk to before, turned out to be the one whose mind was somewhat connected to my own. 
 
"Yah, how did you know I was gonna say that?" he asked.
 
"Telepathy," I answered. "And I saw you looking at the X-box the moment you stepped into the room."
 
"What games do you have?" Joonyoung asked me as he got to his feet. He held my hand and helped me get up. I answered him and his smile seemed to get bigger as I spoke. 
 
"Watch me beat all your high scores and unlock all the levels you've never been able to get to," he told me proudly. 
 
"Oh yeah? You're underestimating me?" I said, raising an eyebrow. 
 
"You're talking to the king of gaming," he replied while I turned the game console on. 
 
"We'll see about that."
 
-----------------------  
 
Roy was not an easy opponent. Even I, the king of gaming, would admit that. But just as I had predicted, he lost to me most of the time. That didn't seem to bother him, though. He was enjoying every moment of it. This was perhaps the most I've seen him smile, laugh, and shout for joy throughout the weeks we've spent together. 
 
Seeing him happy made me happy. 
 
After about two hours of non-stop playing, we decided to call it a night. 
 
"You're sleeping with me here," Roy said as he moved towards the left of the bed, "Is that okay with you?"
 
"I don't mind," I told Roy as I laid beside him. 
 
 
But I did mind. I absolutely did. I was going to have to sleep beside the guy who made me question my gender. My palms were sweating, and my heart was in my throat, yet I couldn't make myself move away from him. Even though the room was dim since we turned off the lights, his gaze at me was smoldering. 
 
He reached out and touched my face. I took his hand and kissed it. 
 
"Good night, Roy," I whispered. 
 
"Sleep well," he replied as he gave my hand a gentle squeeze. 
 
I watched him till his breaths became even, until I was certain he was asleep. I drew closer, closer, inch by inch. 
 
 
"I think I like you, Roy," I said quietly into his ear. "What am I supposed to do?"
 
 
Just as I was about to fall asleep, I felt Roy's soft lips on mine. 
 
"I'm still awake," I whispered. I could sense he smirked when I said that. 
 
"I know," he replied, "So was I. I kind of have trouble falling asleep, actually."
 
He pulled me towards him and kissed me again. We stayed like that for a few moments: just kissing and holding each other close. 
 
"Will you be able to fall asleep now?" I asked. 
 
He snuggled closer to me, "Definitely."
 
 
"He's running out again. 
He's running out,  
He runs, runs, runs." 
 
 
"Roy," I called out as I walked towards him. He didn't hear. His head was in his locker, as if he was searching for something inside. 
 
"Hey," I said, opening the locker door wider so he would see me. 
 
"Joonyoung," he said without even looking at me, "our project is almost complete. All we need is the bibliography. Is it okay with you if you make it? I'll send you an email of all our sources."
 
"Uh...yeah, why not?" I replied. 
 
"Thanks," he responded as he shut the door and walked away coldly, not even turning around to meet my eye. 
 
I stood there, unable to move and unable to speak. It was like we went back to what we were from the start: just strangers who, by coincidence, knew each other's names. 
 
The difference was that now, I was sure I had feelings for him. And it felt like I was being punched in the face every time he avoided me. 
 
The school bell rang, signifying the start of the next period. Students rushed past me to get to their next classes. One by one, they all entered their classrooms until I was left standing alone in the hallway. 
 
I sighed heavily as I finally decided to drag myself to my next class. 
 
 
 
 
"Whatever makes you happy" 
 
 
Since that night, I've been staying away from Joonyoung. 
 
I did my best to keep myself busy. I called for a meeting with the student government almost everyday so we could "prepare for the school fair" even though we've already ironed out every detail months ago. I was quite sure the other student leaders were annoyed. I came up with countless excuses not to see or talk to Joonyoung. 
 
Talking when we only needed to, and staying out of each other's wayweren't Joonyoung and I like this before? 
 
But there he was following me around, trying to talk to me and reaching out. He was making things so difficult. He didn't understand that I needed to stay away from him...because I was falling in love with him. 
 
I stayed behind after the student government meeting. Everyone had left the room, so I was left on my own just staring out the window. 
 
The sun's orange rays poured in the room, while the trees outside gently danced with the wind. It was a beautiful afternoon. It reminded me of when Joonyoung and I would walk from school to the bus stop. It was usually around this time when we came out of the library and left school together. 
And it also reminded me of the disapproving looks of those who saw us. You see, Joonyoung was a heartthrob, one of the best singers in school that everyone admired; I was the student president, the perfect son, the perfect student in other people's eyes. 
 
If everyone found out that I liked Joonyoung...and if Joonyoung liked me back, what would happen to us? Would we be accepted? Or would we be shunned and treated differently?
 
I, perhaps, could live with that. It was tiring to have everyone think I was perfect anyway. But what about Joonyoung? He was used to being loved. It would break him if he would be treated as an outcast. 
 
I didn't want him to lose everything he had just because of me. 
 
Just as I got up to leave, the door burst open. And there Joonyoung was, panting and out of breath like he had run all the way from the ground floor to this room. 
 
"I knew you'd be here," he said in between breaths. "Stop running away from me."
 
"I need to go," I said flatly as I tried to get past him. 
 
"We need to talk," he told me as he blocked my way. 
 
"There's nothing left to talk about," I answered. "We never talked much before anyway."
 
I stepped to the side and marched out of the room. 
 
"So you really want it to be like this?" Joonyoung asked out loud. I stopped. 
 
"You want me to stay away from you," he continued. "Fine, if that makes you happy."
 
"It's better this way," I said. I left without looking back.
 
 
 
"Whatever you want." 
 
 
I walked to the exit gate of the school as fast as I could until I felt someone grab me by the arm. It was Roy. 
 
My heart stopped for a moment. I didn't know how to act in front of him. I didn't know if I should be happy that he followed me, or hurt because he avoided me. 
 
"I thought you wanted me to stay away from you," I told him as I tried to free myself from his grip. 
 
"Would you stay with me even if that means that the whole world would avoid you?" he asked in a shaky voice. 
 
 
 
"I wish I was special." 
 
 
"As long as I have you, Roy," Joonyoung replied. The look in his eyes was so sincere. I needed no more reassurance. 
 
This was worth it. We were worth it.  
 
 
 
"You're very special."
 
"I like you, Roy," I was finally able to say. "I like you and it doesn't matter how wrong it may be to other people. It doesn't matter to me if"
I was unable to continue. Roy had pulled me into a crushing hug.
 
 
 
"Cause I'm a creep"
 
 
I hugged Joonyoung. I hugged him so tight till neither of us could breathe properly. The best part was he was hugging me just as tightly. 
 
"I like you too, Joonyoung," I told him. 
 
I couldn't help but smile. Let the world stare at us as if we were creeps. It's okay.
 
 
We had each other, and that was enough to make both of us perfectly happy.
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
A/N: If you're already happy with how this story ends, I suggest you don't read the epilogue ^^