Finale

Hopeless Hope (One shot)

--Fast Forward

 

*KRYSTAL’s P.O.V*

 

A day before the day of “my death” or what other else could call it. I prepared a farewell party and invited few of our close friends.

 

I am happy yet sad and so as Amber. The band played all night long.

 

I was sitting at the couch when Amber sat beside me. I was puzzled for she looked so serious.

 

                “can we talk?”

 

                “sure.”

 

                “come with me.”

 

I followed her to her direction. We are already at the garden that time when she stopped and sat on the grass. I, half wondering, did the same.

 

The cold breeze touched our skin, I shivered a light and I looked at her. She was already staring into my eye. I caught her gaze straight into her eyes. They’re too gorgeous and alluring. I can’t help but let my senses be drawn away.

 

                “so, what are you going to say?” I asked.

 

                “all my life. I’ve been wondering if I could ever be loved by her. But, her innocence hid it from me. I never felt it until the day when she got jealous. Yeah, I know she was jealous by that time…”

 

Then, Amber took my hands. I got puzzled. Amber held it over her chest and softly said.

 

                “Krystal…my best friend… I am in love with you”

 

*I saw the sincerity in her eyes. Could this be true? Was she really said it to me?*

 

                “I’m so sorry…” she continued “if…if it consumed me a lot of time to divulge what I feel for yoo. It even is too late for me to tell this. I can no longer hide it. I am really in love with you, Krystal…sorry if it took me so long. Krystal, will you wait for me? If not, it’ll be fine for me. I’ll be the one to wait for you. I’d be more willing. Just don’t get mad at me… I might destroy our friendship. Please…”

 

*WHAT! Did I just heard it all right?.. are my ears playing with me? Oh~ take it easy Krystal~*

 

I caught her eys, the unremitting look that almost make me drift away. She hugged me tightly but gently.

 

From those words, big unconscious tears rolled over my cheeks. I wanted to hug her back that very instant. I tried to stammer the appropriate words, and all I was able to say was:

 

                “oh! Well! Nice confession,Amber! I’m sure key would really love that”

 

Amber looked confuse.

 

                “w-what are you talking about?”

 

                “key. Your confession for her. Who thought you that? That was good.” I said

 

                “no. you can’t understand it, Krystal! Ilove you… not key! It’s you!” Amber said

 

I was shocked with what I heard.

 

                “Krystal, listen to me”

 

Amber cupped my face with her hands. Our faces are only inches away. I could feel her breath. She looked deeply into my eyes.

 

                “Krystal, you’re the only girl I love. I don’t like key. And I don’t care to what other people will say about us”

 

                “why? Why’d you do that?” I asked

 

                “because, I love you. You’re my happiness, Krystal. I love you!”

 

I looked into her eyes.

 

                “is there anything I can do to make you stay, Amber?” I said with tears falling down from my eyes.

 

                “sorry Krys..but nothing can stop my mom in making decisions”

 

I removed Amber’s hand to my face.

 

                “I’m quitting the band”

 

Amber was astounded with what she heard.

 

                “w-why?”

 

                “eversince when we started it. I promised myself that if you’ll be lost… I’ll stop singing. You are the reason why  I sing,Amber. You are my voice. My inspiration. M-my… my love.”

 

*gosh! Where those words did came from?! I guess there’s no turning back anymore~*

 

I continued “I…I never had the courage to tell you… I was also afraid to destroy our friendship. That…I’d lose you…”

 

 

*AMBER’s P.O.V*

 

I faced Krystal. I held her hands and softly said “I’m so sorry… please forgive me, Krys.. but, please promise me to continue singing… I’d be happy if you’ll do that…”

 

                “I…I’ll try.. I promise”

 

                “I love you, Krystal Jung”

 

                “i… ilove you,Amber” she hugged me. It answered all the questions we had in mind. Since then on, everything was clear for us. Our future.

 

Graduation day has come. At night,Krystal and I sat on the grass happily gazing at the stars, not minding the time left before I would go back to states for my studies. She did not show any face of sadness and this touched me because of the bravery she has always showed to everyone in times of great trials.

 

*AUTHOR’s P.O.V*

 

The next day, Amber bid them the saddest goodbye she ever made, leaving her loved ones including Krystal with the promise of coming back the next Christmas. It seemed to be the day that Krystal had believed into Fate with all her enthusiastic hope, the hope that in the right time her most beloved will be back to see her again.