THE COSTUME

BABY SITTING

The driver parked his classic white car as smoothly as he could, seeing as his wife was sleeping soundly beside him in the passenger seat.  She promised to stay awake the entire drive home but was knocked out within 15 minutes on the road. Gary chuckled as he turned the ignition off and turned to his wife’s sleeping form. He then takes off Ji Hyo’s seatbelt, making her stir and turn in the seat, now facing her husband.  He smiled to himself, tucking the stray portion of her hair behind her ear then kissing her temple, awaking his sleeping beauty.

 

“Oh? We’re home?,” Ji Hyo croaked out before yawning, her yes now watery.

 

“Yes sleepyhead—I practically went crazy driving alone for hours,” Gary whined looking down at his wife who was now shying away in guilt.

 

“Heyyy! It’s not my fault! Y-y-you exhausted me all day yesterday,” Ji Hyo retaliated, now sitting upright but avoiding her husband’s eyes at all cost and just stared outside her window.

 

“Hmmm, if I remember correctly, I was just following your orders: FASTER OPPA! HARD—ow!,” Gary teased his wife, earning him a flick on his forehead.  Ji Hyo laughed seeing her husband pout rubbing the now reddened spot on his head.  She then took his hand off his forehead and kissed the spot she caused.

 

“Stop with the teasing or I swear you won’t get any for awhile,” she threatened him as she stepped out of the vehicle.  Gary followed suit, biting his tongue as another joke was making its way out of his mouth—he couldn’t hold it.

 

“I’m surprised you could even walk right now seeing as we did nothing all day but that and you rode for quite awhile last night,” he further taunted Ji Hyo, she being a number of steps in front of him already.  She didn’t reply and simply limped ahead, which Gary didn’t notice before. ‘. I’m such a !,’ he thought to himself and ran after his wife as soon as he got hold of their carryall from the trunk and locked his car.

 

When Ji Hyo reached their personal elevator from their private garage (being the owners of the penthouse condo unit has its perks), she pressed the ‘up arrow’ button multiple times although she knew it wouldn’t come down any faster—she just wanted to get away from her husband since her obvious blush hasn’t faded whatsoever.

 

However, she squealed in surprise as Gary suddenly reached her and picked her up bridal style, their carryall slung around his body; the elevator dinged open just in time.

“We’re in an elevator that’s going to go all the way up to the 20th floor; you can put me down now,” Ji Hyo said as monotonously as possible, evading her husband’s gaze.

 

“I was being an and I’m sorry.  You should’ve told me I was too rough on you,” Gary said apologetically to his wife, following her request to put her down. Since Ji Hyo was in front of him, he couldn’t see that his wife was trying her best not to burst out laughing by biting her lower lip.

 

When the elevator finally dinged again to let them know they’ve reached their floor, Ji Hyo quickly hops to turn around, startling her husband.

 

“I was just kidding—merong~~~,” she told her husband before running out of the elevator, knowing how her husband hated being tricked. Gary shook his head slowly with his tongue poking at the inside of his cheek as he stepped out of their elevator.

 

“Mong Ji you are so dead!,” he bellowed at her while sprinting down the hallway to catch up with her. Once he did, he pinned her against the door of their condo with Ji Hyo giggling and him smiling.

 

“So I guess that means we can still continue tonight being that you’re not limping and all,” Gary told his wife, his eyes boring into hers as he kept hold of both of her wrists at her sides while his face hovered over hers; mere centimeters apart.

 

“Uh-uh, not if Jin Woo sneaks into our bedroom again because of a nightmare,” Ji Hyo replied smugly, smirking.

 

“Well then how about now?,” he said all too quickly before crushing his lips against hers, eliciting a moan from her.  Gary released his grasp on her and his idle hands began to make their way up her skirt—but Ji Hyo didn’t get as lost as he did in their little session and slapped his hands away as she broke free from their kiss.

 

Ji Hyo tugged at her skirt while Gary straightened himself out, wiping his lips and smoothing out his hair then punched in the code to unlock their door.  They laughed as they both took hold of each other’s hand knowing that they needed to control themselves again since their back to being appa and umma.

 

As the married couple opened the door to their penthouse condominium, their laughter slowly subsided as they saw the two babysitters knocked out and sprawled out on the black leather sectional sofa in the living room.  The woman chuckled as she noticed that they were both still in costume, assuming that they probably had a grand Halloween time last night with her son and were just too tired to clean themselves up.  However, her husband was not at all happy seeing the muddy footprints on his (used to be) pristine white faux fur carpet.

 

"WHAT THE FU...," Kang Gary didn't get to finish his scream of agitation as his son, or what looks to be his son, emerged from his bedroom, rubbing the sleep from his right eye.

'Holy mother of loch ness monster...,' Gary thought to himself as he fully took in his son's appearance, looking at him up and down.

 

"Appa?," the little boy questioned into thin air before letting out a yawn.  Ji Hyo turned to look at her son hearing his voice, expecting him to be still in his pajamas; she thought wrong.

 

"WHAT THE DID THEY DO TO MY BABY?!," Ji Hyo yelled in utter shock and disbelief as she ran towards her son.

 

The two culprits jolted awake from her yell, gulping right after as last night's events were refreshed in their minds.  They both turned towards each other then at Gary who was already glaring at them, looking as if he was ready to pounce on them. The two animals rather Haha and Kwangsoo gulped and looked at each other again as they thought the same thing: 'We are so dead.'

 

Knowing the drill whenever one s up during dance practice or rehearsals, both omnivores knelt down immediately and raised both of their arms above their heads and yelled out: “WE ARE SORRY GARY HYUNG!.”

 

“YA!!!! You two better ing explain why my son looks like the way he does or I SWEAR I WILL LEAK EVERY SINGLE ING SECRET I KNOW ABOUT YOU TWO TO THE MEDIA!!!!!,” Gary said, his voice raising towards the end as he took off the carryall he was carrying and slammed it on the couch, barely missing Kwangsoo’s head.

 

“It was hyung’s idea! Spare me! I still haven’t proposed to UEE!,” Kwangsoo shouted, his eyes clamped shut.

 

“Geseki…,” Haha cursed under his breath while he shoved Kwangsoo to the side, the maknae falling to the ground right by Gary’s feet; Kwangsoo reverted back to his original kneeling position but scooted further away from Haha.

 

“Somebody explain right now or --,” the angry father didn’t get to finish hearing his wife’s laughter from the hallway.

“Ok! Ok! If it’s about Jin Woo’s costume then you can’t be mad at us because that’s what the little guy wanted aight?,” Haha began to explain and seeing as Gary was unresponsive and not buying it, he nudged the maknae with a “light” punch on his shoulder to continue.

 

“Ok! I know Ji Hyo prepared a RUNNING MAN costume for him but Jin Woo said he changed his mind and didn’t want to be that anymore; he wanted to be a “LEESSANG” so he can hold that broken lightstick you have on the top shelf in your closet? At first, hyung and I laughed but that wasn’t good because he cried—OWWW!,” Kwangsoo fell a second time; Gary threw his carryall at him, hitting him square on his torso.

 

“You made Jin Woo cry?! Do you wanna die?!,” Gary overreacted, now towering over his maknae. Kwangsoo daringly looked up at him and asked: “Why are you just hitting me and not hyung?!” In response, Haha slapped himself multiple times. Gary sighed, his patience running thin and so he sat to let them continue.

 

“So to stop him from crying we told him we can give him a much better costume and so we came up with…that!,” Haha continued their justification for their choice of a “costume” pointing at Jin Woo as Ji Hyo carried him into the living room.

 

“Seriously you two?! WHAT KIND OF UNCLES ARE YOU?!,” Ji Hyo screamed at them angrily after handing Jin Woo to her husband; now she’s the one towering over the criminals, her hands on her hips as she tapped her left foot impatiently.

 

“Noona, I admit we got a bit carried away, but it was all in good fun! And Jin Woo liked it and so did all the people that noticed when we went out to trick or treat,” Kwangsoo told Ji Hyo, looking up from his kneeling position and trying to coax her with his Giraffe-puppy-dog eyes—it didn’t work.

 

Ji Hyo then looked at Haha to hear him reason his way out and all Haha could do was stare up at her blinking.  When Ji Hyo’s eyes began to ooze out pure rage, Haha sprang to action and went to the nearest wall to bang his head on.

 

“If there’s a dip on that wall from that big head of yours, I will shave all your eyebrows Ha Donghoon,” the woman of the household threatened the penguin through gritted teeth, not caring at all that the man was now half unconscious on the floor.

 

“Umma, what’s for bweakfast? I’m hungwy,” Jin Woo asked his umma while he rested his head on his appa’s shoulder, confused as to what’s going on between his uncles and parents.

 

Ji Hyo returned to her usual sweet and motherly self before she turned to face her only child.

 

“Whatever you want my baby, but first we’re going to take a bath hmm?,” Ji Hyo told Jin Woo as she scooped him up from her husband but then Jin Woo wriggled out of her gasp to put him down.

 

“Chakaman Umma! Bath latah. I have to show you and appa what Uncle Kwangsoo taught me to do instead of saying “twick o tweat” when we knocked at doors,” Jin Woo said to his parents before clearing his throat, ignoring his Uncle Kwangsoo’s head shaking and pleas of “Andwae!.”

 

Before anyone could even blink, little Jin Woo began to do his Uncle Kwangsoo’s infamous dance move and moved his hips/.  Gary and Ji Hyo's eyes were as wide as saucers; they turned to look at each other then back at their son—Ji Hyo sighed while Gary shook his head lightly.

 

“That was so good buddy, was Uncle Kwangsoo the only one that told you to do that?,” Gary asked his little boy as he knelt down beside him to give him a high-five before glaring at the maknae; Kwangsoo chose to look up at the ceiling to avoid it.

 

Jin Woo nodded his head and smiled at his uncle giving him a thumbs up.

“Honey, go ahead and take Jin Woo for a bath now hmm?,” Gary  told his wife as he picked up his son and handed him over to Jihyo to which she gladly obliged.

 

Gary approached the two members of his group in slow strides, Haha now conscious and is back to kneeling beside Kwangsoo.  Once Gary reached them, he grabbed both of their ears and dragged them up.

 

“I’m exhausted and I’m hungry so I suggest you two get the outta here before I do something I regret,” Gary told the two guilty men as he dragged them all the way through to the door.

 

The two omnivore  didn’t even think twice before putting their shoes on to scramble out the door not caring that they still had their costumes on, Kwangsoo as Giraffe and Haha as Pororo.  However Kwangsoo being Kwangsoo still had the audacity to say some last few words before closing the door behind him:

 

“At least we didn’t give Jin Woo a grasshopper to give him Jaesuk  hyung’s forever style!”

Gary merely smiles at Kwangsoo’s last attempt in justifying their choice of a costume for his son.  He then began to his shirt and headed straight to the bathroom where he heard his wife and son playing in the bathtub.  When he came in, he saw that his wife has already done a fairly decent job in washing Jin Woo’s hair, the markings on his body were already fading as well.

 

“Baby, did you have fun during Halloween with your Uncles?,” Ji Hyo asked Jin Woo who replied with a continuous nod while she lathered his hair to take as much of the gunk off as possible.

 

“Umma I weally loved my costume! I got to be Appa, I have tattoos like him which ucle Kwangsoo drew and also my favowite uncles at the same time.  People in the stweet said I looked cool and Uncle Kwangsoo said “cool” is a good woyd—what does cool mean Appa?,” Jin Woo asked his father who was sitting at the closed toilet seat just watching his family in the tub; his son’s head piled with suds while his wife struggled to gently scrub the markings on Jin Woo’s back.

 

‘Life is good,’ Gary thought to himself then with a smile.

 

Even though Gary wasn’t able to clarify how the muddy footprints got on his carpet, all is well now.  Truthfully, the parents weren’t angry at all; Gary knew when Ji Hyo was faking her rage and he certainly didn’t miss the hint of smile and giggle that was on her lips when she first saw Jin Woo—they both just really wanted to give the two animals a hard time.  Plus, it’s always funny when Haha hits himself.
 



Author's Note:

DONE! Rushed, could've been better but crack story is CRACK! I'm glad I finally typed that one out (in an hour might I add!)
have a good weekend everyone!
*K.O.*

 

COMMENTS are highly appreciated. Thank you!!

 

summerskye xx