Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose. | BaekYeol

effeuiller la marguerite
Baekhyun/ Chanyeol || PG || Angst
 
 
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.
[ The more things change, the more they stay the same. ]
 
 
 
Baekhyun picks up a dusty picture frame perched on the mahogany shelf. The glass that was once clear and shiny now blurred and clouded, but the bright smiles and crinkled eyes in the photograph remains the same.
 
 
"I love you like the first time i loved you when my heart went thump thump thump." Chanyeol used to say in his loud intimidating voice that makes the girls from the other table giggle and Baekhyun's cheeks bloom with pink.
 
 
"That's not true. Feelings change, Chanyeol." Baekhyun would tell him then, but holds his hands still under the table, away from prying eyes.
 
 
"Not mine." Chanyeol would tell him stubbornly, pulling at their clasped hands to bring Baekhyun closer and stealing a kiss. "Not ever." He whispers and the girls from the other table squeal.
 
 
 
Baekhyun wakes up on the once warm bed, now cold and too huge, trudging to the shower where he prepares a bath and promptly goes back to sleep in the comfort of warm water and bubbles.
 
 
"Feelings don't change Baekhyun. People do. Just like how things change, but the memories stay the same." Chanyeol used to tell him solemnly when they're alone.
 
 
"Yeah. Makes sense." Baekhyun would reply and Chanyeol would pout until Baekhyun kisses his pout away.
 
 
 
Baekhyun used to love staying at home, curled up on the couch, head resting on Chanyeol's lap. In the kitchen, listening to Chanyeol mutter lyrics after lyrics of Epik High's new album as he worked on their dinner. In the shower where he used to jump out of his skin not noticing Chanyeol sneaking up behind to join in.
 
 
Now Baekhyun wants out because Chanyeol is everywhere. On the empty couch, the unwashed coffee mug on the sink, the blue shower curtain.
 
 
"I will love you like i loved you the first time even though my heart stops thump thump thump." Chanyeol whispers on his lips and Baekhyun's heart clenches.