Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus. | ChanBaekSoo

effeuiller la marguerite
Chanyeol/ Kyungsoo/ Baekhyun || PG || Angst, Canon || 378w
 
 
Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus. 
[ True paradise is the one that you have lost. ]
Proust.
 
 
 
Baekhyun has always loved the attention, and Chanyeol's always been so willing to give. Chanyeol's enthusiastic greetings at the crack of dawn, or those warm huge hands that seem to find the need to touch a part of Baekhyun, booming laughter and even wilder gestures. Baekhyun loves to take pride in everything enthusiastic about Chanyeol. But there seems to be an invisible line, appearing around the tiny circle they've been dancing in. Chanyeol's laughter turns into bashful smiles, warm touches to fleeting brushes at the back of his palm, and when the booming voice becomes a soothing melody, it's when Baekhyun pushes himself out of the circle. 
 
 
Baekhyun bounces to Kris and Zitao. Chanyeol clings to Kyungsoo throughout the rest of the day, jokes bordering from funny to just plain stupid. Reactions seem to be just out of place. Wide smile slowly falling at the edges and Kyungsoo tries his best to hold it up.
 
 
Kyungsoo sprawls at the practice room's floor with a sweaty Chanyeol curled up beside him, feigning sleep that fools no one. Cold hands land on his shoulder and finds Baekhyun sitting by his other side. Kyungsoo's always been good at reading only two people, Chanyeol's an open book and Baekhyun's where you need to read between the lines of an empty page.
 
 
"I'm sorry." Baekhyun says to Kyungsoo but means it for two pairs of ears to hear and plants a soft kiss at the corner of Kyungsoo's lips, leaving a strawberry scent and the taste of balm on his cheeks. He doesn't bother wiping it off because Chanyeol it clean, as he devours Kyungsoo's mouth.
 
 
Kyungsoo dreams of himself, frozen in place as Chanyeol and Baekhyun run circles around him. When he wakes up, he finds Chanyeol and Baekhyun curled up on Sehun's bed, opposite his. He feels like the creaking fulcrum in the middle of a seesaw, a whining pulley in between the sliding ropes.
 
 
Baekhyun wakes first, and gives Kyungsoo a sleepy smile from across the room. Chanyeol's smile is wider, as always, and Kyungsoo feels like the star stuck in between two revolving planets, shining so bright. Counting the years to his end. They say its beautiful, when a star meets its end, a supernova, a stellar explosion.