2.

beautiful.

 

“You’re awake?”

 

Joohyun rubbed her eyes before squinting her eyes to the clock that was tacked on the wall.

 

“What time is it? I have class at 11 today.”

 

“It’s 8.30 now. You want me to make breakfast?” Yoona asked as Joohyun sat on her bed.

 

“I’d love that.” Yoona nodded briefly before made her way into their little kitchen.

 

“How's last night? Met some good guy?” Joohyun grabbed a random glass from the sink, then filled it up with water from the refrigerator.

 

“Not bad. I got to sing a duet with a nice looking guy.” Yoona turned her body so now she was facing Joohyun.

 

“No ing way! I should’ve come home earlier last night. The moment I stepped into that door you’ve already fall asleep. Dammit.” Yoona sighed.

 

“So, did you got his number?”

 

“Nah. I left as soon as the song stopped playing.”

 

Yoona turned her head to Joohyun, eyes popped and mouth wide opened.

 

“You what?” Yoona said, half yelling. “Seo Joohyun you must be out of your in mind.”

 

Joohyun looked at her innocently.

 

“Why did you ran off like that?!” Yoona asked her, abandoning her cooked meals and sat beside Joohyun.

 

“I don’t know. Just because.”

 

“This girl. Is seriously having a mental problem.” Yoona took a last glance at Joohyun before continued making their breakfast.

                                                                        ***

 

It was the 23rd of November. The winter breeze started to came, piercing the skin sharply. It was also approximately 3 weeks after that night, where Joohyun unrevealed herself in front of almost half of the campus resident. She almost forgot those feelings, how was it like to be standing on the stage before thousand eyes and to be singing a duet with a completely stranger.

 

Joohyun really almost forgot it, but when she spotted that boy who was her duet partner last night, her feelings came back. That thrilling and enchanting feeling when she was singing on the stage. Joohyun was recalling all those memories before she realized she didn’t ask for his name. They didn’t know each other name. And they were singing a in duet together.

 

Joohyun swiftly hiding behind the wall as she spotted 1214 packed up his things and got up from his seat. And Joohyun brought her thought home, as she wondering why was her stomach felt funny earlier.

                                                            ***

“Seo Joohyun. Somebody was looking for you.” Minyoung told her as the class was dismissed.

 

“Who?”

 

“Don’t know. Somebody approached me earlier when I went to the restroom.” Minyoung said. “He said to come to the music hall.”

 

Joohyun thanked her before excused herself to the music hall.

                                                            ***

The room looked completely empty when Joohyun stepped in.

 

“What the? I thought they told me to came here.” Joohyun grumbled.

 

“You must be Seo Joohyun.” Joohyun turned her body so she was facing to the owner of the voice.

 

“I am.” Joohyun held the straps of her bag nervously. “You’re… Looking for me, right?”

 

“That would be correct.”

 

Joohyun shrugged. “So, what’s up?”

 

“We have to wait until the other person to came up. Just sit down first.” The boy led her to the couch that placed on the corner of the hall. “My name is Jinwoon. I’m the chief organizer of this year musical event.”

 

Joohyun nodded her head as she heard the door was being opened. And what a small world it is, when she found the 1214 walked into the room. Hands in his pocket, legs swinging with relax as he approached two other persons on the edge of the room.

 

“Seo Joohyun, this is Cho Kyuhyun from the College of IT.” Jinwoon introduced the said boy. “And Cho Kyuhyun, this Seo Joohyun of the College of Architecture.”

 

They stared blankly at each other before that boy named Cho Kyuhyun raised his right hand awkwardly. Joohyun responded to the contact quickly and they shared a brief handshake. And although it was no more than a quarter minute, the touch still lingered on Joohyun’s palm.

                                                            ***

 

“Sorry, I still don’t get what you mean. Um…” Joohyun’s mind was still in the middle of processing why the hell she was here, sitting in a completely awkward situation with two boys, and one of them was her duet partner in that annual meeting which Joohyun had in one of her wanted-to-delete-memories.

 

“Jinwoon. It’s Jinwoon.”

 

“Uh, yeah. Jinwoon. What did you just say? Me and him… What?”

Jinwoo let out a loud sigh. “What I’m saying is both of you are going to be one of the candidate for this year musical. And you need to go through some process, one of them is an audition which will be held two weeks from now.”

 

“Why?” Cho Kyuhyun, whose remained silent from the start, spoke his mind up. “Why it must be me and her?”

 

Jinwoon let out another sigh before answering the older man. “Because your performance was magnificent that night and we think both of you are a possible candidate for our main cast. That’s why.”

 

“But I thought you already had a lot of candidates from the music club. Are we still required even when you have them?” Joohyun asked.

 

“Well, they didn’t fit that much in this musical compared by both of you.” Jinwoon pulled up a smile. “So… Do you wan’t to give a try?”

 

“No.”

 

“Yes.”

 

Joohyun looked at the man beside her with wide eyes. Ignoring the stare, Cho Kyuhyun continued his words.

 

“Yes, I’m willing to try.”

Jinwoon clapped his hands before standing up. “That’s great then. I’ll take some documents for both of you to fill it up. You both can just wait here or… Talk? A little bit of chemistry would be nice.”

 

Kyuhyun’s brief smile and Joohyun’s confused look sent Jinwoon out of the room. After a little bit of indecision, Joohyun decided to ask this young man before her.

 

“What are you doing? Do you even know what kind of deal you just agreed earlier?”

 

“I’m just trying to speak for both of us.”

 

“It’s not us. It’s just you.” Joohyun squinted before standing up. “That’s it. I quit. I don’t want to waste my time humming some cheesy songs and lose my actual purpose here in this campus.”

 

Joohyun was about to turning her back, when Kyuhyun replied.

 

“If that’s your decision.” He shrugged. “I can’t force you to do something you don’t mind to. But, I’ll stay.”

Joohyun her lips, suddenly it felt dry somehow. She was about to answer when Jinwoon barged in.

 

“Here’s some document you have to filled in.” He flapped some papers in his hand and handded it to both of them.

 

“Wait.” Kyuhyun took off his eyes from the paper. “We’re joining the music club?”

 

Jinwoon nodded eagerly, earning reeled looks form both of the person before him.

 

“Do we have to…”

 

“Yes. You should join our club if you’re willing to audition for the musical. Both of you agreed, didn’t you?”

 

“I don’t…”

 

“That’s terrific.” Kyuhyun held Joohyun’s hand in order to cut her words.

 

“We’re in.”

 

“What? No! I’m-“ Kyuhyun gripped it a little tighter.

 

“We’re in.” He repeated.

 

Jinwoon smiled with satisfy. “Welcome to music club, then.”

***

 

a/n: i updated! yay! ^_^