Chapter 2

Hero

Donghae calls for back-up after he discover a girl in the closet.

The girl is sitting at the couch cover with a blanket, some agent are looking around the house to find some clue or evidence that might help them. A female agent is starting to interview the girl with Donghae and the Head Director.

"What's your name?" a female agent ask the girl

"Tell call me Yumi" from the sound of her voice, she is very uncomfortable being with a lot of people

"Who?"

"I don't know, their face were cover everytime they came here'

"They? How many?"

"One or two, but these past few years only one"

"How long have you been staying here?"

The girl thinks for awhile "I think since I was 7"

"Do you know who are your parents?"

She shakes her head

"Do you know why you are here?"

"They said that I'm sick, If I go out I'll die immediately."

The female agent look at Donghae and the Head Director.

The Head Director came forward and sit in front of the girl.

"Do you know who brought you here?"

The girl shakes her head

"All I remember is I woke up I'm already here"

"Do you know who is this?" he show her the picture of Director Soh

"No... as I said when they come here they are covered."

The Head Director stand up "let's talk' he said to Donghae and the other agent.

"What's her condition?" HD ask the female agent

"Sir, I think its best if we admit her at the hospital to make sure"

"Arrange everthing, we need to move her now."

"Yes, sir" The female agent leaves

"Sir, what happen to Director Soh? Donghae ask

"Her house has been attack this morning"

"What? Who?"

"We still looking to it."

"Where's Director Soh?"

"She is badly injured, we brought her at the hospital and she's now in coma." The Head Director look at Yumi "Whoever attack Director Soh is now after that girl. We need to find out what is the connection of this girl to Director Soh."

"I understand sir"

"As of now, we will protect this girl"

"Yes, sir"

"Make an arrangement for her safety when we transfer her at the hospital."

"Yes, sir"

Skip

After 30 minutes of preparation they are ready to transfer Yumi. The Head Director approach Yumi.

"Yumi"

"Yes"

"We will transfer you at the hospital in the city to check your condition"

Yumi shakes her head "I'm not allowed to go out, I'm going to die outside"

"There's an ambulance outside your door"

"Ambulance? What's that?" she innocently ask

The Head Director feels pity for the girl "Yumi, we need to go now"

"No...no.." she shakes her head "I'm not going anywhere...."

The medical team steps in and inject something to Yumi to make her fall asleep.

Skip

At the hospital

"The result will be release tomorrow, as of now let her rest here just in case we still need to do some test."

"Thank you, Doctor" Head Director 

The doctor leave the room.

"What are you going to do with me?" Yumi ask scaredly

Head Director sits on the chair beside the bed "Don't be scared, we're friends and we're going to help you."

"Do you know who am I?"

"That's what need to find out soon." he sigh "As of now, you're going to stay here at the hospital, Agent Lee and Agent Cho will stay here to protect you." he pointed the two standing near at the door.

"I'm Agent Cho Kyuhyun"

"I'm Agent Lee"

Yumi looks at them then back to the Head Director "Can I just go back to there?"

"I'm sorry, it's not safe for you to stay there anymore."

"Why?"

"I know you have a lot of question right now but for now take some rest."

Yumi just nods and lay down on the bed.

The Head Director stands up "Let's talk outside"

"I'm assigning the two of you to keep on eye on her"

"Yes sir"

"She doesn't remember anything about her or anything happen before she was isolated, but if she remember something immediately report it to me, do you understand?"

"Yes, sir"

Skip

The next morning the result of Yumi test comes out. Head Director, Agent Lee and Agent Cho go to the doctor office to talk about the result.

"Based on the test result the patient is at the age of 24, a little malnourished maybe because of few days without food in take, she just need to eat nutritious food and i give her some vitamins to take. Except for that the patient is perfectly fine."

"So, she doesn't have any disease that will kill her if she expose to the outside world." Donghae ask

"Yes, there's nothing wrong with her body.'

"What about her memory?" The Head Director ask

"Positive she has amnesia and being confined for a very long time she probaly overwhelmed by everything that she sees and feels. She may feels restless, scared which may trigger some behavorial effect."

"What do you suggest we do?"

"I refer her to a psychologist to help her, at the same time you must guide her until she can cope up with the world."

Later that night, Agent Cho must go back to head office to do some report.

"I'll just buy some food" Donghae said to the guards outside Yumi's room.

He is already on the ground floor when he remember that he forgot his phone upstairs. He gets back upstairs to get his phone where he finds the guards already dead.

"Yumi" he open the door to see the bed is empty.

He pull out his gun, he look at his left or right. He sees a drops of blood on his left towards the fire exit. He runs towards the fire exit, he looks down and sees a shadows of people quitely walking down the stairs.

"Where are you taking me?" Yumi ask her kidnappers, they are already at the basement.

Two guys are holding her while the other one is leading, their face is cover.

"Where are you taking me?" she ask again

"Stop asking" the guys holding her right arm said to her.

"Stop right there" they heard a voice, they turn around to see Donghae pointing his gun to them.

"Let go of her now" he shouted

"You're too noisy for a brat" the guy who's not holding Yumi pull out his gun 

Three gun shot has been heard at the basement.

"Ahhhh!!!" Yumi screams holding her head

The three kidnappers are on the ground, one guy was shot on his head while the other two who's holding Yumi was shot on their shoulder.

Donghae immediately pull Yumi on his side and run.

"Get in" he push her inside his car

Yumi still in shocks to what just happen.

"I'll get you out of here" he said and drives away.

Skip

Donghae enter an apartment, he removes his shoes and coat.

"Come in" he said

Yumi is just standing outside the door, playing with her dirty feet. She doesn't wear any footwear.

Donghae turn "Are you deaf or something, I said come in" he looks down to see her feet "It's okay"

Yumi nods and come inside. She looks around the apartment. It's simple, few furniture around but it's seems dark and cold.

"You're going to  stay here for awhile." he said, they are standing at the living room.

"The room is over there, the bathroom is that way"

Yumi just nods

"Do you cook?"

Yumi shakes her head.

He chuckled "I shouldn't ask"

"Do you know who are they?" she ask

"No" he straightly answer "go wash up and take a rest"

"How did you find me there?" she asked

Donghae brush his hair "Would you stop asking question and just go to sleep." he sounds so irritated

"I'm sorry" she walks towards the bathroom

"Hey" Donghae called out

"Do you know how to turn on the faucet?"

"Yes" she answer

"That's a relief" he shrugs his shoulder "Go on"

Skip

Yumi is already sleeping at Donghae's room. Donghae enter the room with a bottle of bee in his right hand, he just stand by the door while looking at Yumi.

"Director Soh just what mission you have given me" he sigh

Flashback

While drivng his way to the address that was given to him by Director, he receive another message from Director Soh.

Donghae please take care of her, I'm entrusting her to you so please protect her no matter what happen. You are the only one I can trust, don't let anyone take her. I'll be more in peace if Yumi is with you.

End of Flashback

"I'll figure out who you are, just wait and see" he drinks his beer and close the door

===================================================================================================