Unwanted Final Surprises

Red

Day 384_Final

Yah. I can’t believe I’m /still/ doing this. I guess this is the by-product of being in this boring hospital for so long with nothing to do but get some blood tests done on me every few hours. God I feel like a teenage girl writing in some ‘thuper theceret’ diary that no one will ever ever Eeever be allowed to read. But I’m so booorredd. All of my family is out of town anyways, not that I need them in my ‘high time of need’ but it would be nice to talk to somebody other than the staff here (who are mostly really nice. I know them on a first name basis kk~). 

Anyways...
The internet here is god awful, along with the television. The.. ‘food’? Let’s not even talk about that. My standards for taste have been cut in half because of this place T wT. At least the real world food will seem amazing to me tomorrow right? Hh.. Oh right~! I forgot to tell you, my only friend, my laptop. After weeeks of this dumb sickness, I’m finally all cured~! I’m going home tomorrow! Great huh? God I’m hungry.. Speak of the (literal) devil. Hell on wheels. Well, looks like it’s dinner time, and Sica- Noona (a nurse here that I’m good friends with) is yell inga t me and trfdfsd try ingggdf   to take away my only friesdhfbnndd! KkkkkKnbvhgfg Till nextimghjkedjf~!

“Arra arra!” Jjong shouted, closing his laptop with a pout and a laugh. “It’s off alright? Yah, you could have broken my only friend hereee”

“Yah!” She said, playfully hitting him in his well defined shoulder, which honestly, might have hurt her and more than it did the dino..

“Don’t try and play the victim here. Just cause you’re in a cot doesn’t mean you can do whatever you want. And I saw that part about the food!” She said, lower lip pushing out as she pouted while setting up Jjong’s lunch from hell. But honestly, there was not a single person in this place that loves the food...

“Naeee. Arrasseo.” He sighed. There wasn’t any point in arguing. When it got down to a point, Noona worked here, and she was trying her best to keep him healthy like she had been doing for more than a year.. Which is a near impossible thing to do with the poisonous lump they put on those eating trays..

Annnd I’m baack! Miss me? I bet~ kk. T~T I miss real food. If I eat anymore of that masked po-powder I think I’ll surely die a painful, flavourless death. Time for another test though. And I won’t have Noona make good on bringing her hammer the next time she sees my typing on this thing kkkk. Till next timee~!

Just another test. After another, after another. This dumb blood sickness thing was getting to be annoying. It was why he was in this place for so long. Just some random, curable blood....thingy. Who would have know it’d take so long? He walked around in his jeans (which they finally let him wear after ten months of being in that paper bag (Which had given him thousands upon thousands of ... awesome little nicknames), and the same thing was true for his laptop. There wasn’t any.. what was the word.. contam..conta.. contamination! That’s it. He wasn’t coughing up a lung, or a walking bio-hazard. It was just his blood. Heechul-hyung had visited as much as he could, but I told him to go focus on his job after the third month. Not like I was lonely though. Sica-Noona and her fiance Hae-hyung were good friends after a small time. But it was the last day of all of this! Last test was taken and it’d probably come out clean with no fluctuations. The “Dino puppy” walked into his room, the death tray greeting him. 

Note to self: As soon as I get out of here, go to the nearest restaurant and max out credit card.

--

The next morning came slowly. It’d taken him way too long to fall asleep, longer to stay asleep, and even longer to wake up. Just his luck that his dumb laptop shose to die. On top of that, some nurse came in to check on his every hour or so cause that’s what they had to do; making sure the Dino didn’t keel over from the terrible food in the middle of the night. It’d been more than a year here, and it was the most sleepless night he’d ever had. Just thinking about the bed back home suddenly made this one a hell of a lot more uncomfortable. By the time the sun chose to come up over the building-tops, Jjong’s wide awake eyes were there to greet it. 

--

Big dino Teeth greeted his favourite noona as she sat behind the check out desk, a flower shoved in her face.

“I thought I told you not to tear apart the arragements in the waiting room, Dino Boy” Came her half amused voice, eyes not even looking up from her typing.

“Not even a thank you?” A hand went over his heart, “I’m hurt” And that at least brought about the smile he knew she was hiding.

“You’d better stop flirting with me before my fiance’ sees you.”

“Noonnaaaa” Big puppy eyes greeted her smile as she finally looked up. “One, it’s my last time coming here for a while, can’t you just be happy? and Two, there’s no way I’d flirt with you, Donghae-ah would kill me” And that earned a second laugh as the flower was set on the counter, Jjong leaning over it. That was odd.. The hairs stood on the back of his neck, but they had no reason to.. It was nothing.

“Be honest, you’re sad to see me go.” He prompted again, chin resting on the marble surface that he’d cleaned once out of sheer boredom. 

“You can think what you want, Dino” She gave another laugh, before her bottom lip pushed out. “The kids’ll really miss you though. You’re the best at comforting them.. Must be because you have the same mindframe”

“Whateverr. At least I don’t make them cry with a gaze colder than the tundra” He teased, causing that lip to push out once again before he shifted and shrugged. “Who knows, I might come back here and visit once and a while.. At least to the kids who don’t have visitors. Annd I might even bring back real food from the outside since you and Hae-ssi never get a chance to leave this place..” A chill passed over him, leaving as quickly as it came... But it was just a draft. Somebody opened a door somewhere, that was all. That’s all it could have been..

“..Jjong-ah? “

“Jonghyunnie-ssh?”

“YAH. EARTH TO DINO BOY”

All at once, Jjong jumped a little bit and looked over at Sica-noona with a confused look which only caused that same pout. “You sure you’re ready to leave? I think you have a severe cause of excess oxygen in the brain” She said, tapping her pencil eraser against the ever confused Dino’s forehead. 

“You know me, Noona. When you start to talk, everything seems so much more interesting all of the sudden”
Boy, had that comment gone over well. Noona rose, and Jjong swore she’d beat him to death with that puffy eraser... thing on the end of her pencil. Her lips parted to ye-

Crash.

Clear the way, critical patient coming through!” The Dino whipped his head around, a chill running down his spine, making his hairs stand on end once again as about twelve paramedics burst through the doors, surrounding a stretcher. It was odd.. They were moving slower than they usually did, but the look in their eyes was so much more urgent than normal, like there was something about this patient that made him more fragile than glass. Voices read out information with a frantic swiftness that gnawed at his stomach.
Male early twenties... Severe head trauma. Multiple lacerations... 

The group neared the front desk, Jjong’s back pressed against it so they would be able get through, a pit gnawed slowly bigger in the pit of his stomach, the stretcher headed straight for the emergency room. But that wasn’t the only thing.. Wide eyes looked down, something having caught their attention. He spoke, but didn’t think, almost like it wasn’t his voice..

"Nae Noona. ..." His eyes filled with worry. "Since when did they change the colors of the stretchers to.. " And they widened even more as the red stained stretcher went by. He looked at the ground, seeing the drip marks from the patient's hand that hung limp. So delicate and frail
.

"... Red.."

There was no answer. Or maybe there was, he couldn’t tell. Something in him pushed his back from the counter, following the blood trail with blind but somehow wide eyes. Suddenly doors swung shut in front of him and he looked up, the words screaming, crying at him “Emergency Wing. Authorized Personnel ONLY. NO VISITORS BEYOND THIS POINT
” So there he stood, or at least.. it felt like he was still standing at the door to the emergency room, left with only the sound of his pounding heart, at the trail of blood the crimson stretcher had left in it’s wake.