Confusion. The dragon is named.

The Dragon and the Bunny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(A/N: Here is chapter dos! I am completely open to any suggestions you guys have to make the story better. I will try to get chapter three up as soon as possible! If you comment or subscribe then I will do likewise! Kamsahamnida! <3)

.....................................................................................................

 

“I’m very pleased to meet you. My name is Wu Yifan.”

Your mind began to churn with so many thoughts that you began to get a headache. The most prominent ones all followed along the lines of, “What the heck is going on? Am I on Punked or something? Why is there a super cute boy standing here instead of the girl we were expecting?” You struggled to grasp onto just one when you heard another voice join in the conversation. This one was also a man’s voice, although it wasn’t your dad’s or the boy named Wu Yifan. You shifted your line of vision from said boy and looked at the new speaker as he continued to talk.

“Good afternoon! I’m Mr. Thompson from the program that is taking care of Mr. Wu’s stay here in America. Do you mind if we come in?” the man politely questioned in a slightly high and cultured tone of voice. He was a rather short and round man in his mid to late forties and had nondescript features that caused him to blend in no matter where he went. This probably contributed to the fact that no one had noticed him standing by the much more striking student when you first opened the door. The only things that were truly worthy of notice about him was the fact that he had a shiny bald head that made you want to rub it and hope for good luck and that he was wearing a navy blue suit with a fascinating yellow tie the same color as Big Bird. His clothing combination stuck you as extremely odd, but you didn’t have the courage to question the strange man about it.

After your parents had basically picked you up and moved you out of the path of the door (your feet had once again decided to betray the rest of your body due to the presence of the decidedly handsome boy that you had answered the door to earlier) they invited the man and foreign exchange student into the living room and directed them to the most comfortable seats in the spacious room.

After your mother had brought drinks for everyone (just because your family was antisocial doesn’t mean they didn’t know how to be polite to guests) the questioning began. Your father started off with a rather simple question which seemed oddly hilarious to you in the given situation. “So how was your trip?” As you quickly and successfully stifled a giggle, the younger of the two men sitting across from your family answered.

“It was great! Thank you for asking. The only downside was my rather abrupt greeting by the lovely young lady who answered the door earlier.” As you heard this, your cheeks began to glow a bright red. You knew many Asian cultures were polite, but you felt he was going a little overboard with his description of you. While you were thinking this, he continued to speak. “From what I have gathered about this situation though, I can easily understand her reaction. I myself am beginning to wonder what is going on.” At this, Yifan turned and looked at his older companion, waiting for his response.

“Ahem, yes, well, Mr. and Mrs. _______ it would seem as though someone within our organization had somehow tampered with several of our documents. We believe it was a disgruntled employee who had been fired recently. It seems as though he changed a few of the potential housing families’ applications due to his anger at being fired. It appears that your application was one of the ones that had the most alterations to it. We tried to fix everything that we could beforehand, but with so much information changed or missing, it was hard to restore all of it. We would have informed you of this earlier, but we did not start noticing the damage that he caused until we began sending the students to their various homes. We are sincerely hoping that you are still willing to open up your home to young Mr. Wu here. We understand it is an inconvenience, but he still does need a family to stay with and it would be more than unfair for him to travel so far just to be sent to back to our headquarters, or, in the worst case scenario, even sent back home.”

After the man’s rather long-winded speech, your mom asked her first question of the day outside of, “What drink would everyone like?”

“So what does this mean for us? I’m very sorry Mr. Thompson and Mr. Wu, but we still prefer to have a female student to stay with us. As you can see, we have a daughter and so we feel that it would be best for both her school and home life to have a girl, not a boy.” After saying this, it seemed she felt her response was a little insensitive towards the boy sitting across from her, so she turned to him saying, “It’s not that we don’t like you or think that you would do anything to our daughter, dear (this was her go-to pet name for anyone who was at least five years younger than her), but I’m sure you can understand our feelings about this.”

Yifan spoke up after hearing this. “Ma’am, I completely understand your concerns about this situat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter