Freedom

Ensnared

Chapter 5: The Final Chapter

The woman in the mirror looks like a beautiful bride.  Her hair is half pinned up and curled.  A pretty pin with white pearls decorates her blond hair.  Her make-up is perfect.  It is not over dramatic or too simple.  Mrs. Jun made sure the make-up looks stunning yet give off a sort of `innocent’ feel.  Hyosung’s lips are a light pink color, blush was barely visible, eyes does not have too much eyeliner, but there is not a flaw visible on her skin. 

The dress also fits her perfect.  It has a sweetheart neckline and lace straps.  Looking at the mirror, Hyosung really sees the beauty in the dress.  Her mother’s taste in fashion is the one aspect that Hyosung has always admired.   

“It’s time to place the veil now Miss.”  One of the maids states as she picks up the bridal veil from its box and places it on the young heiress’s head. 

The two maids help Hyosung into her shoes and make some final adjustments.  Jun Hyosung stands in front of the full-body mirror one last time.  She stares as the woman in the reflection.

“You look absolutely stunning Miss.”

“I’ve never seen a more beautiful bride before.”

In the mirror stands a beautiful bride.  Everything looks perfect from head to toe.  Everything seems perfect, except for one thing. Her expression is not of a happy woman excited for her wedding.  The eyes reflecting in the mirror express deep sorrow and fright.  As if the owner of those eyes were about to be imprisoned.

She looks away, Hyosung can no longer stare at herself in the mirror.  Every time her eyes close, wishing this wedding was nothing more than a bad dream, the wedding remains her reality once they open again.

“Oh miss, please don’t be sad.” The maid holds onto Hyosung’s hand.  “It breaks my heart seeing such a beautiful bride look so gloomy on what is supposed to be one of the happiest days of her life.”

“I can’t go through with this wedding.”  Hyosung pleads both women in the room, “Please help me escape.” One maid gives her a helpless look and turns away. 

The other woman responds.  “I’m sorry miss, I tried last time but I don’t think I can help you today.”  She starts to pick up the mess, pilling up the boxes and tiding up hair and make-up containers with the help of the other maid.  “There are many guards around the house today.  I don’t think it is possible to leave the estate without anyone noticing.”

“There has to be a way.  Maybe one of the guards can help me.”

“That will not happen Jun Hyosung. I assure you.” Mrs. Jun has entered the room and overheard what her daughter said.  “You cannot escape Hyosung.  I personally hired each guard and paid them very well to keep you from leaving this house until you are married with Doojoon.”  She motions for the maids to exit the room. 

“Mother, why do you insist on this wedding?”

“Why do you insist on canceling?  You are my daughter and you are to listen to your mother.”  The determined mother approaches her daughter.  “You will wed Doojoon this evening, you will go on your honeymoon and come back I expect you be to pregnant within the first year.”

“What?”  Hyosung exclaims in disbelief.  “You want me to have a baby so soon?”

“Of course!  We need you to give birth to an heir in order to solidify your union with Doojoon and his family.  Even if you were to get divorced in the future, which I will not allow, we have our grandchild as assurance of our wealth.”

“You are unbelievable mother.”

“I am realistic Hyosung.  I’m the only one with a clear head in this household.  You’re much too young to understand how this world works and your father quite frankly is too old to think clearly.”

“I may be old, but I am perfectly capable of thinking rationally my dear.”  Mr. Jun enters the room and walks toward his wife and daughter.  “When I married you, I did not expect you become this strict with our daughter.  Maybe this is all a mistake.”

“Are you telling me you want to side with our daughter and cancel the wedding?”

“I am saying that maybe I should not have let you talk me into this.”

“Daddy, please cancel it.  I do not want to marry Doojoon.”  Hyosung pleads.

The mother takes her husband by the arm and whispers something into his ear.  “Hyosung, the guest have begun to arrive.  Doojoon’s mother called earlier to say they were on their way.  I better see a smile on your face when you greet them.  Understood?”

“Mother, please.”

Mrs. Jun walks out of the room without saying another word.  Mr. Jun stays at Hyosung’s side.  He embraces his daughter tightly.

“Doojoon is a fine lad.  I am sure he will be good husband.  I’ve seen him grow from a young boy into the man he is today.”  He sits on the bed and pats the spot next to him.  Hyosung sits next to her father.

“Daddy, Doojoon sometimes is not the man he appears to be.  He has these crazy mood swings and…” She is interrupted.

“Every man has flaws.  If you can learn to look pass them, maybe you can love him like you used to.  Remember when you told you liked him?”

“I was twelve years old back then.  Doojoon is a different person now.”  The girl shakes her head as she recalls every time Doojoon would yell at her, forcefully grab her, or disrespect her.  “Father, my heart belongs to someone else.”  She turns to him and takes his hands in hers.  “I do not want to spend the rest of my life with Doojoon.  I don’t think I can forget this other person.  I will be miserable if I go along with this marriage.”

“Sweetheart, I don’t want you to be miserable.  Who is this boy you speak of? Do I know him? Does he go to your school?”

“No, you don’t know him and he does not go to my University.”

“Oh, then how did you meet his boy?”

“At a café.” She pauses for a bit, not sure if she should continue or not.  The fact that Kikwang was not part of the same social class as her family might be something her father should not hear.  She isn’t sure if this detail might persuade her father into the same side as her mother. She sighs and decides to confide in her father.  “He is a waiter at the café I go to almost every day.”  She waits for a respond from the old man next to her.  He says nothing and simply nods slowly as he realizes the young man’s economic situation.

“I’m not sure if what I feel for him is love or not.  I’m not even sure if I want to marry him instead of Doojoon.  Sometimes I imagine my future with Kikwang and I think I would be happy.  I can even imagine having children with him if we ever were to get married.  I may be too young to know about life as mother tells me, but I know how my heart feels.  And my heart does not skip a beat when I am in front of Doojoon like it does when I’m with Kikwang.”

“Sweetheart, maybe you are just attracted to this young man.  Maybe it’s not actually love.”

“I know. I know.” She looks into her father’s eyes.  “When you married my mother, you loved her, did you not?  You want to be in love with my future husband and be expected to simply tolerate him during our marriage.”

The father removed his glasses and rubbed the side of his head as if he suddenly felt a headache.  “I loved you mother, I still do.  When I asked her to marry me and she agreed, I was the happiest man on the planet.” A small sigh escaped.  “But now, now I see what a mistake it is to let her take advantage of my love for her.  I don’t have to courage to stand up to her, I have always been afraid she will abandon me.”  Hyosung notices a few tears drop from her father’s eyes. “I’m sorry for being a cowardly man and a weak father who can’t protect you princess.”

“No, you’re not weak.  You’ve been the best father I could ask for.”  She hugs her father tightly as muffled cries are heard from the man.

Hyosung realizes how hard it has been for her father to be married all these years.  He has always been in love with his wife while not receiving the same love back.  From a young age, Hyosung has noticed how her mother would take advantage of her father.  Mrs. Jun always did as she pleased and when Mr. Jun did not want to comply to his wives demands, she would simply threaten him. 

“I will divorce you, do you hear me.  I will take all your money and our daughter and leave you with nothing.”  Hyosung was always afraid the threats would come true.  As a little girl, she thought her mother would abandon her if she would not obey her.  Hyosung would obey every command out of fear. 

“Doojoon, I don’t want mommy to leave me or leave daddy.”

“Don’t worry Hyosung, if she leaves, you can come and live with me.” 

A knock is heard on the door.  “Miss Hyosung, Mr. Jun sorry to interrupt but Mr. Doojoon is here and would like to speak to his bride-to-be.”

The father-daughter embrace ceases.  Mr. Jun wiped his tears. “Just a moment.” He stands up, straightens his tie and looks at his watch.  “The wedding will begin in an hour.”  He gives his daughter a kiss on the cheek.  “Talk with Doojoon, I will support the decision you both will take whether you go through the marriage or not. ”

A smile appears on Hyosung’s face and gives him another hug.  “Thank-you daddy.  I love you so much.”   This meant that she only had to convince Doojoon that the wedding is a mistake and it will be canceled. 

Hyosung wipes some tears from her face right before Mr. Jun opens the door and Doojoon enters.  The two me exchange glances.  “Sir, I just wanted to have a word with my future bride.” 

“Yes of course.  I’ll be downstairs with the guests.”  The man exits the room leaving his daughter alone with her possible future husband.

Yoon Doojoon gives Hyosung weary look.  He looks very handsome in his white tuxedo, hair combed back, and clean shaved.  Hyosung could tell he did not have a good night sleep because he has eye bags.  Doojoon examines  his bride-to-be from her hair and makeup, to her dress and shoes.  He smiles.

“You look nice Hyosung.”

“That’s it.  Just nice?”

He gives a small chuckle.  “Ok, You look beyond beautiful today.  I really like your dress.  It fits really well and showcases your curves. “  He gets close to her face and examines her eye makeup.  He notices traces of tears but does not comment on them.  He simply wipes Hyosung’s under eyes with his thumbs.  “I’m usually not too fond of the fake eyelashes look but it looks great on you.”

Hyosung blushes a bit.  “Thanks for the compliment.  You look pretty dashing yourself.”

They both stare at one another not really sure what to say next.  “Did you sleep well last night?” Doojoon finally breaks the silence.  “I couldn’t sleep at all.  I think maybe I slept for about two hours but I was so nervous about today especially since I haven’t seen or talked to you for weeks.  Why has your phone been off?  I tried to call you last night but again, I only got the answering machine”

Hyosung sits on her bed.  “Sorry about that.  Mother actually took away my phone.”  She notices the look Doojoon is giving her.  A look of disbelief. 

“Why would your mom take your phone?  Wouldn’t she want you to communicate with your future husband?”  He seems confused for a second before a look of realization appears on his face.  Maybe he figured it out.  Maybe he figured out that Hyosung wanted to communicate with Kikwang and that was the reason her phone was taken away.  If he had figure it out he does not say it.  He allows Hyosung to give him her explanation.

Hyosung takes a big breath.  “I wasn’t allowed to speak or see anyone, not even you.”  She looks at his eyes to try and find support.  “Mother locked me away in here for weeks.  It’s been miserable to be alone in here.  I tried to escape once but-“

Doojoon interrupts her.  “She locked you away?  Then that’s why every time I came to visit you she would say you were either out with friends or sick in bed?  Why would she do that?”  It seems that Doojoon bewildered with this information.  “I never thought she would keep you locked away in your room as if you were Rapunzel or something.”  He knees in front of Hyosung and takes her hand.  “I did not know you were going through this horrible treatment.  If I had known, I would have helped you.”  He pauses before asking his following question.  “What was the reason your mother did this?”

Hyosung hesitates knowing she would have to mention Lee Kikwang’s name.  Fear strikes as she imagines how Doojoon might react to the motioning of Kikwang.  He might even end up siding with her mother instead. 

“It happened that day you found me and Kikwang kissin-“

“You had to go on and mention that bastard.  Why would you remind me of him.  I’ve been trying to erase that image of seeing you and him kissing.”  His whole demeanor has changed.  His tone was no longer sweat understanding.  Now it had resentment and anger.  “You said you tried to escape.  Were you going to him or to me?”

No answer comes from Hyosung which Doojoon takes it as confirmation that Hyosung was planning to escape and reunite with Kikwang.  He grabs her by the arms and shakes her.

“Tell me it’s not what I’m thinking.  Tell me I’m wrong and you were escaping to come to me not that low life!”

“Don’t act like this Doojoon, please.  Let me explain.”  He shakes her harder, demanding the answer he seeks for.  “Answer me Hyosung, who were you going to meet with if you had escaped?”

“Nobody, I wasn’t going to meet anybody.  I just wanted to get out of here.”

“Don’t lie to me Hyosung.  I’ll be your husband so I deserve loyalty from you. “

“Can you please let go of me.  You’re hurting me.”  Doojoon does not loosen his grip on her.

A knock is hear on the door.  It’s the maid.  She heard the commotion and came up to see what was going on.  “Is everything alright Miss?”

“We’re fine.  Leave us.”  Doojoon states in an irritated tone.

“Miss?  Are you sure its fine?  Should I come inside.”

Doojoon finally lets go of Hyosung’s body.  “Leave!  We are fine.”  Doojoon says again and gestures Hyosung to do the same. 

“Yes I’m fine.  Don’t come inside, we’re just having a discussion.  Go downstairs and continue preparing for the ceremony.  We’ll be out soon”

“Yes Miss, as you wish.”   Footsteps are heard as the maid walks down the hall.

Hyosung walks away from Doojoon.  She puts as much space between the two as possible.  “Please Doojoon, let me talk.”  He sits on the floor, lifts his knees and rests his head between them.  “I care about you Doojoon.  You know that.” She continues cautiously, “but I’m not in love with you.”

Not a sound is heard from Doojoon.  “Please don’t let me go through with this wedding.  I cannot marry you.  And no, it’s just simply because of Kikwang.  I’m not ready for marriage.  I want to be able to choose the person I wed.  I want to truly be in love.”

“But we’ve always been there for each other.  I’ve always known that we would end up married.”  Doojoon speaks up but does not lift his head.  His tone is soft again.  Like a wounded animal, he sounds as if he could cry.

“I will always be here for you Doojoon.  We’ve been friends for as long as I can remember.  Even though we have drifted apart over the years, I still wished you were someone I could rely on.”

“You can rely on me Hyosung.  Even though I lash out at you and act like a jerk, I still care about you.  I don’t want to hurt you, ever.”  He looks up at Hyosung.  His eyes are watery.  “I did it again!  I hurt you didn’t I”

Hyosung approaches him and kneels beside him.  “Doojoon, you didn’t hurt me.”

“Yes I did.”  He gently rubs Hyosung’s arms which have traces of bruises in the shape of hands.  I don’t know what’s wrong with me.  I don’t understand why I go crazy like this.  I really think I need help.  Please stay with me Hyosung.  Don’t leave me.”  He pleads as he holds her hands.  “Don’t abandon me.”

“Doojoon, I think you need to see a psychologist.”

“I’ll go if you think I need it.  I’ll do anything if you stay with me.” 

“I’ll stay with you Doojoon.  I’ll accompany you to see doctors if you really need me there but… I go as your friend.”

Doojoon’s face turns dark.  Is the rage coming back?  He lets go of Hyosung’s hands and stands up.  He turns away from her and stands there.  Before he could speak, Hyosung gives him a back hug.  “You asked me not to abandon you but I’m asking you not to abandon me and our friendship.  I don’t want to marry you but that does not mean that will not be there for you when you need me.  Help me out Doojoon.  Let’s help each other out.”  He does not give an answer.  He simply turns around and hugs her back.  Hyosung feels a kiss on her forehead.

“The ceremony is about to start.”  With that, he walks out of her room. 

Hyosung is left stunned.  She thought Doojoon had finally realized how absurd this wedding was.  She cannot understand why Doojoon cannot see that the marriage between them will be miserable.  She has lost all hope in getting out of this marriage. 

Two maids come in the room moments later and begin to take her down stairs.  Walking through the mansion and out the back door, all Hyosung could think of is the miserable future that awaits her.  She reaches the first guests and puts on her best fake smile she could conjure.  She greets them politely as her mother watches.  Mrs Jun ends the conversation she was having with a couple and makes her way over to her daughter.

“look at your face, you look terrible.”  She pats her daughter’s face and fixes her hair.  “What happened in your room with Doojoon?  He came downstairs looking miserable.”

“Nothing, nothing happened.  He just said he was tired because he couldn’t sleep last night.”  Her mother does not seem to believe her daughter but chooses not to ask any more question.

“Come, you need to greet all the guests.  We  cannot be rude.”  She leads her daughter through the crowd greeting each and every person present.  About ten to fifteen minutes pass before the mother makes an announcement.

“Gather around everyone. “  People start to take their seats and give Mrs Jun their full attention.  We are about to begin this beautiful ceremony.  I would like thank everyone for coming on this very special day.” 

Mrs Jun continues her speech as Hyosung is ushered toward back and is given her bouquet.  The flower girl, daughter of her distant cousin Sunhwa, looks exited and prepares to walk down the aisle to drop pedal along the way.  Doojoon walks up to her, “Are you ready for this?”

Hyosung does not answer.  She looks away, toward the entrance gate to the estate.  The gate where she almost escaped but was stopped.  The gate that stopped her from reaching freedom.   Doojoon grabs her chin and turns her face toward him.  “Don’t worry.”  He kisses her forehead. 

She turns away, toward the gate again.  That is when she sees him.  Lee Kikwang is standing on the other side of the gate staring at her.  He has a sad look at his face.  To the left, two body guards  are making their way toward Kikwang.  Probably sent by her mother to make Kikwang leave the premises.  Hyosung takes a step toward Kikwang but is stopped by Doojoon.

“Don’t” He says.  “Don’t worry, everything will be ok.”  He Pulls her away and whispers into her ear, “Trust me.”  He gives her a look that she does not understand.  A sort of reassuring look but she does feel at ease at all.  Especially since now Kikwang might watch the ceremony from the other side of the gate.

Doojoon walks forward, through the aisle and stands next to the minister.  Hyosung’s father comes and stands next to his daughter.  She grabs his arm and readies herself to walk down the aisle.  The music begins and she looks back at the gate one more time.  Kikwang is arguing with the bodyguards, probably wanting to come inside to speak to her.  To try and get her to run away with or something.  The flower girl begins her walk.  She drops  and handful of flower pedals and other step.

“Sweetheart, it’s our turn now.” Hyosung looks at her father’s face.  His wrinkles look more prominent at the moment.  As if age caught up to him and made him look older than usual.  Mr. Jun is propably imagining the sad and lonely life his daughter might have because of this wedding. 

“Hyosung!, Hyosung don’t get married.”  Kikwang’s yells are heard.  Some guests have noticed the commotion at the front gate and are whispering amongst each other.

Mr. Jun gestures to begin walking.  Taking steps forward she can still hear Kikwang screaming her name in the distance.  She stares at Doojoon who is giving her a sad smile.  All eyes are on her and she starts to tear up.  Her entire life is about to change.  She gets to the altar and the father grabs her and Doojoon’s hands. 

“Take care of my daughter.  Always make her happy.”

“I promise I will make her happy.”

The old man hugs her daughter and Yoon Doojoon before walking to his seat.  The officiator begins the ceremony.  Hyosung can’t concentrate on the words spoken by the man.  Something is said about their future and the many ways they can work hard to keep the marriage strong.  She feels Doojoon clasp her hand as he is asked if he accepts her hand in marriage.  There is a long pause, no answer from Doojoon.

“Do you, Yoon Doojoon, take this woman to be your wife?” The phrase is repeated for the second time and Doojoon turns to Hyosung. 

“No.”

Did Hyosung just hear correctly.  Did Doojoon actually say no?

“I cannot marry Hyosung.”

Guests are gasping in surprise.  “What’s going on Doojoon?  Why can’t you marry my daughter?”  Mrs. Jun exclaims demanding an explanation.

“I’m sorry Mr and Mrs Jun, I cannot marry your daughter because I am in love with another woman.”  Yoon Doojoon is calling off the marriage.  Hyosung still can’t react. 

“Doojoon…”  is all Hyosung says. 

Doojoon’s parents come up to him and quietly tell him he is embarrassing their family.  “How dare you embarrass our family like this Doojoon.  You must marry Hyosung, you cannot do this to her and her family.”

“I apologize to everyone who came today.  I cannot go through with this wedding.  The blame is all on me.  I lied to Hyosung by telling her I was in love with her.  I have broken her heart because she loves me.”  Doojoon is placing all the blame on himself.  He does not want the guest to think Hyosung is the one who does not wish to go through with the wedding.  All the guests are standing up, looking at the scene in disbelief.  Some are angry that they wasted their time on coming to such event.  They think its offensive.

Doojoon turns to Hyosung and whispers “slap me”.  Hyosung gives him wide eyes.  She does not want to slap him, even if its acting.  “Slap me” he mouths again.

SLAP!

A hand comes up and slaps Doojoon very hard.  It is not Hyosung’s hand.  Mrs Jun stands in front of Doojoon. 

“HOW DARE YOU DO THIS!”  She slaps him again.

She takes a deep breath and turns to look at Hyosung.  She’s mad at her because she knows that Hyosung is to blame.  She regains her composure and addresses the guests. 

“I apologize to you all.  This wedding will not continue.  Go home please.”  She says this with the calmest tone she could conjure.

The guests start to walk away from the garden and toward the front gate.  They are all gossiping about the terrible way Doojoon has treated poor Hyosung.  “It must be terrible on the girl.” “I can’t believe such an handsome boy could be so dishonorable.”   “The poor girl must be devastated.”

Mr. Jun is talking to Doojoon’s parents who are in disbelief.  Lady Jun grabs Hyosung by the arm and pulls her inside the house.  “It was all planned out wasn’t it!”  She yells at her daughter. 

“No Mother,  I did not know Doojoon would do this.”

“You little brat!”  The mother slaps her daughter.  “You think you can get away with this?”  She pulls the young lady down a hall and up the stairs.  “I’ll lock you up in your room for the rest of your life.”

“No, please don’t.  It’s not my fault.”  Hyosung frantically tries to pull away but the older lady holds on tight. 

“Guards, guards where are you?  Come here this instant.”

Hyosung gets lose and runs down stairs where she is blocked by two huge body guards how pick her up.  “Let go of me!  Help, somebody help!” 

At that moment Doojoon appears behind the guards.  He’s holding onto a glass ornament used as wedding decoration.  With all his strength he swings it and shatters it on the head of one body guard.  The big man drops hold of Hyosung to and almost falls to the ground himself.  This body guard turns around to look at Doojoon who seems puzzle and scared.  For sure he was expecting this man to be knocked out. 

“Doojoon watch out!”  Doojoon ducks as the body guard swings his fist.  He misses and almost loses his footing.  Hyosung can see blood dripping down from a giant cut on the back of the bodyguard’s head.  He is seriously injured.

“Get Hyosung to her room!” Demands the angry lady.  The Second guard holding Hyosung proceeds to walk up the stairs. 

“Let me go!”  Hyosung hits the bodyguard as much as possible trying to get lose but fails.

“Let my girl go!”  Hyosung hears a familiar voice.  It is not Doojoon.  In fact, it sounds like Kikwang.  Hyosung gets a glimpse of Kikwang running up the stairs.  Her mom tries to stop him from advancing.  “Hyosung, I’m coming.”

The bodyguard and Hyosung reach their destination.  She is thrown inside as the bodyguard closes the door between them.  The door is locked, leaving Hyosung screaming for help.  Through the door, Hyosung can hear Kikwang and Doojoon fighting off the second Bodyguard.  Mrs Jun is screaming at the top of her lungs. 

“What is going on here?” Hyosung’s father’s voice is heard.  The commotion stops. 

“Your daughter lover has come to her rescue but she will not be leaving his house.  She will stay locked in her room until I say so.”

“I cannot let you do that to my daughter.”  The father finds the courage to stand up to his wife.  He tells the two guards, one who is seriously injured and cannot walk properly and the other who is very irritated, to leave the scene.  The wife orders them to stay but the husband insists he is the one who pays them and he is the boss.  The body guards leave. 

Hyosung can hear her parents arguing.  “Father!  Please get me out.”  Hyosung urges.

“Sweetheart, don’t worry.  I’ll get you out.”  He takes his wife down stairs forcefully.  The lady doesn’t know how to react since this was the first time her husband had gone against her wishes. 

“Hyosung are you ok?”  Kikwang’s voice sounds concern.

“I’m alright.  How did you even get here?”

“I called him.” Doojoon states.  “I didn’t want to hurt you anymore.”  He sounds really sad.  “I want you to be happy.  This is the only way I knew how to help you.”

“Thank-You Doojoon.”

At that moment Hyosung’s personal maid arrives.  “Miss, your father sent me up to unlock the door.”  She inserts the key into the lock and turns it.  The door opens and Hyosung runs into Kikwang’s arms. 

She hugs him like she has never hugged anyone before.  He holds her tight and caresses the back of her head.  He gives her a sense of assurance.  They then look at each other.  He smiles at her lovingly.  He leans in and kisses her lips.  Doojoon looks away, he can’t stand watching them kiss so he starts walking away.

“I’m so glad you’re here Kikwang.”

“I couldn’t let you get married.  I was ready fight for you Hyosung.”

She smiles but then remembers Doojoon is also to be thanked.  “I have to thank Doojoon for helping as well.”

She walks catches up to her former fiancé.  With a hug and a kiss on the cheek she thanks him.  “I really appreciate you doing this for me Doojoon.  I will never forget it.”  He blushes.

“Yeah well, don’t let me regret letting you go.  You and that-“ He stops himself from saying any insult about Kikwang.  “You have to live happily for the rest of your life.  Promise me Hyosung.”

She smiles at him.  “I promise.”

Doojoon leaves the estate.  Mr and Mrs Jun are in the studio still arguing as Hyosung and Kikwang walk pass the entertainment room.  She holds his hand tighter as the door to the studio opens.  Her parents exit the room and enter the hallway. 

“Are you leaving… with HIM?”  She asks in disgust.  Hyosung nods and starts walking toward the exit.  If you leave this house with him, you are no longer my daughter.   You will lose everything, your money, your name, your family.”

“I’m sorry mom, I’m leaving.”

The father walks toward his daughter and gives her a hug.  “I love you sweetie.  You will always be my precious little girl.  Come to me at any time.”

“Thank-you father. I love you.”  He then acknowledges Kikwang and gives him a smile.  A smile that means so much more than just a smile.  It means that he acknowledges hi is the man his daughter loves.  It an acceptance as well.

“You’re dead to me Hyosung.  My daughter is dead.”  Hyosung’s heart breaks to the words her mother utters.  She holds in her tears, not wanting to look weak at the moment.

“I love you mom, You will always be in my heart.”  With that the two lovers walk out of the mansion, through the front lawn and out the front gate.  In her beautiful white dress walking away from her family home holding hands with the man she loves.  It is a bittersweet moment.

“You won’t regret this, right?”

“No, there will be no regrets.  I should have walked out of that house a long time ago.”

It is true.  There were many times Hyosung really wished she could just run away and never return.  The only thing holding her back was her father.  Knowing that he finally had a voice in the relationship, Hyosung felt more comfortable leaving his father.

They enter Kikwang’s car and drive off.  Hyosung takes a look at her former home through the rear-view mirror before the car turns on the next street.  They end up driving out of the city, toward the coast.  The fresh ocean breeze blows on her hair.  For the first time in her life, she feels genuinely content and happy.  For the first time she does not feel tied down.  She could go anywhere, with anyone.

She is free.


The End

 

 

 

 

Note from Author:

Sorry it took so long to finish this story. 

I had lost all creativity and motivation to write.

But I finally woke up today with the motivation and wrote the entire chapter.

Hope it was a good ending.  What do you think about Doojoon?  

He was supposed to be bipolar or have some other psychological problem but not sure if that was expressed right.

Thank you all who read this story. I really appreciate it, a lot.