True Love's First Kiss

Ensnared

Chapter 3


“Wow, this dress looks nice, don’t you think sweetie?”

“--Yes, It would look great on Hyosung’s figure.”

“Doojoon, what kind of dress would you like your future wife to wear?”

“--These colors would be nice as decoration.”

“--We could set up white balloons around the reception.”

“Hyosung likes pastel colors, we need to include those for the theme.”

Hyosung reminisces  on the events that day.  Her parents and the Yoon family sitting around a table making choices for her.  Plans for the wedding were being prepared and she was doing nothing to stop them from becoming real.

She had been determined to stop the wedding at all cost.  She did not want to marry a man like Doojoon.  She had once felt something for him, but that was in the past, when they were both children.  Now she is almost one hundred percent sure that her heart belongs to someone else.  To a young waiter, the one that makes her heart skip a beat every time he smiles.  Lee Kikwang is the man she longs for when they are apart.

“I promise oppa.”  “I pinky promise you will never by like your dad.” 

She had forgotten about the promise she had made to Doojoon all those years ago.  Watching him cry brought back memories she had once forgotten.  Feeling his tears on her skin made her remember the pain the two once shared.  It made feelings resurface once again.

Jun Hyosung lays in bed with her eyes closed.  It was about nine or nine thirty.  She isn’t sure and didn’t want to open her eyes to check the clock  on her dresser.  She excused herself early and left to her home.  Her excuse was a head-ache.  She no longer wanted to hear everyone talking about the future wedding. 

“Hyosung, sweetheart, are you awake?”  The voice of her father disturbed her thoughts.  “Can I come in baby?”  Hyosung didn’t answer.   She thought it best to pretend to be asleep. 

The door to her room slowly opens and Hyosung stays still, not moving a muscle.  She hears heavy footsteps walking toward her bed.  The musty smell of her father’s cologne was strong.  The aroma didn’t bother her though.  She always liked that smell, it felt comforting to her.

Mr. Jun lovingly caressed his daughter’s face.  He grabs the nearby blanket and unfolds it over his daughter’s body, making sure to cover every inch of her body from her neck down.  “I’m sorry sweetheart.  I never wanted you to marry without love.”  He leans in and places a wet kiss on her exposed forehead.  “I’m a coward.  I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me one day.” 

Hearing those sweet words from her father makes Hyosung’s eyes tear up.  She opens her eyes and watches as her father walks toward the door.  His walk seems different tonight.  This is the first time Hyosung notices her father’s age being reflected through his walk.  He is no longer the strong man that once carried her over his shoulders. 

Her father was over ten years older than her mother.  He was always in love with his wife even if she had never felt the same way for him.  This was the reason why Mrs. Jun always seemed to have more power in the family.  The old man always let her win, and she took advantage of his old age.


The next day Hyosung woke up early as always.  She took a shower, got dressed, and went out to her usual spot.  It was Monday morning so she stopped by her University to attend her classes.  When it was time to go home, she veers her car toward her favorite café.

The young heiress takes a seat near the a window, the same window as usual.  She sets her purse opposite of her and waits for the waiter. 

“Can I get you something to drink miss?”  Hyosung turns around expecting to see Kikwang but is instead greeted by another young man.

“Um, where is Kikwang?  Is he not working today?”  She asks curiously.

“He had to leave for a few hours and I’m taking over his shift.”  The waiter answers.

“Oh, well, I’ll take some tea with lemon please.”

The waiter smiled and left to bring her order.  After spending a few minutes in the café, she left disappointed. 

All day she thinks about Kikwang.  She thinks about his smile, his eyes, his voice, the smell of his cologne.  She closes her eyes at every moment possible just to reminisce about him.  The moment when their bodies were so close.  The feel of his hand on her skin, the feel of his breath slightly blowing so close to her.  Her imagination would run wild and as she puckered her lips,  it seemed as if she could feel Kikwang’s lips kissing her for the first time.  The sensation is almost real.

“Babe, what are you thinking of?”

The voice interrupted her thoughts.  Hyosung opens her eyes to see Doojoon sitting on the couch next to her.  It is a terribly bad moment be interrupted from her wonderful thoughts but she does not want to be rude.  As she was taught since a very young age, she put on a fake smile.  She pretends to be pleased with Doojoon’s presence.

“Were you thinking about me?  Were you thinking about me kissing you?”  Doojoon teases the young heiress.  He slightly touches her lips.  “You were puckering your lips.”  Giving her a cheesy smile he then asks.  “Want a kiss?”  He leans in ready to plant his lips on hers.

Hyosung pushes him back and denies what he has insinuated.  “I don’t want you to kiss me Doojoon.  I wasn’t thinking about you.”  He backs up in confusion. 

“Then who were you kissing in your daydream?”  His tone of voice changes in a second.  It is no longer sweet sounding.  It is more demanding and almost scary sounding.  Doojoon grabs onto her arm.  “Answer me Hyosung.  Who were you thinking of?”  His voice is loud and the echoes through the hallways.

“Don’t talk to me like that.”

“Then answer me.”  His grip on her arm tightens.  “Was it him?”  He stares at her trying to analyze her expression.  Analyzing if her reaction to his following words.  “Was it that low life, huh?”  He sees her reaction and knows has figured it out.  “It was the waiter then.  You want that piece of to kiss you!”  He gets up and pulls her with him walking down the hall toward the front doors.

“Let go of me Doojoon.  You’re hurting me.”  Hyosung tries her hardest to get loose from the man’s grip.  He makes a sharp turn and reaches the giant French doors. 

“You left me no choice Hyosung.  I didn’t want to make this a big deal but you leave me no choice.”  He uses his free arm to push open the oak doors.  “I need to tell your parents about you and that waiter.”

“No, stop.”  He pulls her through the doorway and walks toward the garden outside.   They are heading toward their parents, all four adults.  “I wasn’t thinking about him, oppa.  Believe me.”  Even though it is a lie, she has to say those words.  She cannot let her parents find out about her feelings toward a poor man like Lee Kikwang.  “Doojoon, please.  Don’t tell them, I swear that I wasn’t thinking about the waiter.”  She is now hyperventilating.  Using all her force to yank her arm away, she is free.  Doojoon looks back at her.

She feels no other choice but to go on her knees and beg Doojoon.  “Oppa, I was thinking about you.  I didn’t want to admit it because I was embarrassed, but I was thinking about you.  Don’t tell Mother anything, please.”  Begging on her knees only made her look pathetic in the eyes of Doojoon.  She resembled a mistress in distress and that was not something Doojoon was attracted to. 

“Get up.”  He grabs her and pulls her to her feet.  “Don’t you ever beg on your knees again.  Not to me, not to anybody.” 

At this point Hyosung realizes how irrational she was reacting to this situation.  Her actions only makes Doojoon think that what he assumes is correct.  She would never over react if she was telling the truth.  She would usually kick him, or slap him when she was being falsely accused.  During the situations where she was at fault, she always quivered like a scared puppy.

“Oppa, please don’t tell my mother about this.”  The heiress realizes tears are dropping down from her eyes.  She takes a deep breath in and tries to control her emotions.  She looks around and notices that her parents and Doojoon’s parents are watching the scene from afar.  She uses Doojoon’s body to cover herself.  She didn’t want them to realize she was crying.

“Hyosung, promise me that you will not seek the waiter.  You will not step foot in that café again.  Do you understand?”  Hyosung nods.  “Promise Hyosung, promise you will not see the guy again.  You know how your mother is.  You don’t anything to happen to him, right?”  That last sentences sounds like a threat to the girl.

“Oppa, I promise.  Let’s just go back inside, ok?”  She grabs Doojoon’s hand and slowly leads him to the door.  “Let’s talk inside.”  They enter and head back to the family once again.  She quietly sits on the couch without a word.  Doojoon sits across from her.  Hyosung’s last tears slowly fall and run down her cheeks.

“Your eyes are swollen.  Please don’t cry Hyosung.”  The young heir leans toward her and wipes the tears off her face.  As if the previews scene never took place, his voice is sweet and soft again.  With the sleeve of his sweater, he pats his fiancée’s face.  “I’m sorry, Hyosung.  I didn’t want to sound like I was being mean.  I just want the best for you.”  He changes seats and now is positioned next to Hyosung.  He hugs her.  “Let’s just talk about something else.  Did you pick out your wedding dress yet?  I really like the mermaid dresses on you.  It flaunts your figure and makes you look Beautiful.”

“Oppa, I need to use the restroom.  Will you excuse me?”  With the sweetest voice she could find inside her, she persuades the young man to let her leave.   Whenever Doojoon has a drastic mood change like this, she does not feel safe. 

Hyosung walks down the hall and enters the restroom.  This was not her house but she has been spending much of her time here and knows her way around the home.  The Yoon estate is bigger than hers and this also involved the size of the restrooms.  As soon as she enters, she is wowed by the spacious room.  The giant mirror above the sink is beautifully decorated.  The soft lights above also makes the ambiance feel great.  The fragrance of lilac filled the room and helps Hyosung calm her nerves a bit.  She takes a few deep breathes and turns on the water faucet.  She runs her hands under the hold water.  She doesn’t know how long she has been inside the restroom but she doesn’t want to come out.

“Miss?  Are you ok in there?” 

Outside the door she hears a maid calling out to her.  “I’m fine, I just need a bit of time.”

“The Young Master Doojoon wanted me to check on you.”

“Thank-you but I’m fine.  I’ll be out in a bit.”  The maid walks away and Hyosung is left to her thoughts again.   Moments later she hears knocks on the door again.  This time it wasn’t the maid, it was Doojoon.

 “Hyosung?  Are you alright?  You’ve been in there for quite some time.” 

Hyosung wasn’t sure if he was back to his angered state, his nice state, or his normal joking rude self.  His personality changes so often that she was never too sure which Doojoon she was talking too.

“Do you have Diarrhea or something?”  Doojoon laughs from the other side of the door.  “I can bring you some extra toilet paper if you ran out.” 

Hyosung lets out a sigh of relief.  Doojoon was back to normal and it was safe to go outside.  She opens the door and steps out.

He sniffs the air.  “Nope, not diarrhea.”  He laughs some more.

“Don’t say diarrhea Doojoon, it sounds grows.” 

“Haha, It’s not my fault.  You took so long in there that I thought you were stuck in the toilet.  You know it’s not lady-like to be on the toilet for too long.”

“Oh god, don’t start with that.  Let’s go outside.  Our parents are probably wondering what we are doing.”

Hyosung wasn’t sure what the exact moment was that she realized there was something wrong with Doojoon’s head.  It started during their teen years, that she was sure.  But the exact year she did not know.  It happened slow, very slow.  At first she thought it was just teenage-boy hormones that made his mood change at random times but then she realized how violent he started becoming.  In one moment he could be joking around and in a second his mood will go downhill and he becomes violent and threatening.  After that he would try to over compensate and be extremely nice before going back to his normal rude, and joking self. 

She has tried to tell the adults about him but nobody would believe her.  They would rather him be like this than to have him visit a psychologist and be put on meds.  It would not look good in the eyes of the public to have the heir of the Yoon fortune be a lunatic.  The Yoon family and the Jun family always cared about what the public thought about them.  It was not all about their image as a family, it was more of protecting the fortune and making sure their business increased as much as possible. 

Doojoon was tolerable to hang around during his regular self, even if he was a sometimes.  The phase that was scary to Hyosung was when he got mad our of the littlest things.  Every time he grabs her, yanks, and forces himself on her, she does not know what to do.  She has found that the best way to deal with him is to pretend his mood swings do not exist and act as normal as possible.


That night she cannot fall asleep once again.  Thoughts about Doojoon and thoughts about Kikwang roam her head.  She decided to take a drive to clear her head. 

Taking a right on a major street, she takes a fifteen minute drive before deciding to make a quick stop at her favorite place.  Down a smaller street, she parks her car next to the curb.  Looking at the establishment in front of her, she notices a dim light coming from inside.  The café is closed and no costumers are inside. 

A young couple walks by and gives her a friendly smile.  She watches them walk away while holding hands and saying cute words to one another.  This type of relationship is something Hyosung has always wanted but never experienced.

“Jun Hyosung.”

The Heiress turns around toward the direction of the man who called her name.  On the right side of the building, Kikwang is walking toward her.  In his hand is a big trash bag.  The dim light from the side door shows the beautiful smile decorating his face. Hyosung’s mood immediately shoots up like a rocket.  All the stress she had that day dissipated with the waiter’s smile.

“Hi, Kikwang.”     She takes a few steps forward and approaches him. 

“What are you doing here at this time?”  He questions but does not lose the smile on his face.  “The café is closed but if you want some tea, you can come if you want.”

Hyosung likes the idea but notices the big trash bag still in his hand.  She points at it, “are you going to throw that away?”

Embarrassed, the young man nods. He walks to the large trash bin located behind the building.  After throwing away the bag, he comes back and leads Hyosung into the establishment.  The side door leads into the kitchen.  This was the first time she has ever been inside the kitchen of this, or any other café/restaurant.  She did not expect the kitchen to be so spacious.  The small, yet spacious, kitchen had large ovens, and refrigerators.   Through the clear glass, she noticed the many pies resting in the fridge. 

“Wow, so much pie.”

“Do you want to eat?  Which one looks appetizing?”  Hyosung takes a closer look through the glass.  She sees pies of many flavors and colors.  She points to a small pie with red and blue jelly seeping through the top crust.

“What flavor is that?”  Kikwang opens the pie and retrieves it.  He takes on look at the colors popping out and knows exactly what type of pie it is.

“Oh this one…”  he sets it on a counter.  “My uncle’s favorite pie.  It has strawberries and blueberries in the middle.  It’s really good but he doesn’t make it often.”  He retrieves a knife and two plates.  As he cuts the slices, an old man enters the Kitchen.

“Kikwang, who is this beautiful young lady?”  The older gentleman approached the two.  Kikwang introduced them and the strangers became acquaintances.

“I’m glad to finally meet you, Sir.  I love your pies, I’ve tried many of them.”

“I’m glad to meet you too miss Hyosung.  My nephew talks about you all the time.”

Hyosung looks over at a shy Kikwang.  She notices the nudge Kikwang gives his uncle.  “I’m glad you talk about me Kikwang.”  Hyosung says.  She cannot keep her joy hidden.  She loves the idea that Kikwang thinks about her enough that she is the subject of many conversations between him and his uncle. 

The two continued to eat pie while the uncle finished cleaning the kitchen.  After spending some time in the café, it was time to leave.  The Uncle left first to catch the early bus while Kikwang decided to stay behind with Hyosung.

The two love birds walked side by side down the street.  The cool breeze of the night give Hyosung shivers down her spine.  Kikwang notices this and because he has no sweater to offer her, he pulls her small figure into his embrace. 

Hyosung’s head lands on Kikwang’s upper chest.  She feels his arms wrap around her body.  He does his best to shield her from the cool breeze.  Hyosung stands there in that position, at first stiff but soon relaxes and enjoys the embrace.  She closes her eyes trying to appreciate every single aspect of the hug.  His arms, his fragrance, his heart beating next to her ear.  She could feel his chest slightly rising as he takes each breath.

Kikwang is enjoying the embrace as much as she is.  He has been falling in love with this woman ever since she first stepped into the café all those months ago.  Her bright smile and beautiful eyes attracted him to her.  She was always smiling and it made his day.  At this moment, having her in his arms, has become the highlight of the moment. 

He is nervous but decides to say what his heart has been asking for months.  “Can I kiss you?” 

The whisper near her ear sends another shiver down her body, except this time it is different.  She feels a wave of butterflies taking refuge in her chest, in her heart.  She looks up at him.  Those beautiful eyes, those lips, she stares at him not knowing what to say.

Kikwang takes her silence as a yes and slowly closes the space between her lips, and his own.  As their lips touch, it is like everyone in the world does not exist.  Everything around them turns dark and bright at the same time.  It is an unexplainable feeling. 

Hyosung feels as the group of butterflies takes flight and moves from her heart to the rest of her body.  Each time their lips part and find each other again, the swarm of butterflies tickle her stomach.  It was a feeling she had never experienced before.  No other boy has ever made her feel what Kikwang’s kiss is making her feel.

It is as if time stood still as their lips moved together.  The choreography between their lips made her fly into the sky.  They pull apart for a moment to look at one another.  She looks at his beautiful brown eyes and smiles.  At this moment, she felt in love.  There was no doubt that she loved this man and wanted to by in his embrace forever.  They lean and his soft, warm lips touch hers once more.

His lips try to express the feeling he has for her.  They both smile between each kiss.  The happiness the felt was indescribable, word would be enough.  This was the most innocent, yet passionate kiss he has ever had.  Both their hearts beat as one, both accelerated at high speed.  It was hard to grasp onto this moment and save it to their memory.  None are able to think properly, only their bodies spoke together though the embrace and kiss.

Hyosung cannot keep herself from smiling.  She separates the kiss to take a moment to laugh.  The joy she feels is remarkable.  “Kikwang.”  She says.  “Kikwang, Lee Kikwang.  The handsome waiter Lee Kikwang.”  She repeats over and over.

Kikwang laughs as well.  The moment is so perfect, so amazing, neither want it to end.

She grabs his face and caresses him cheeks and then grabs a light hold to the back of his head.  She pulls him in for yet another kiss.

“Jun Hyosung!”  A strong male voice is heard from the other side of the street.  In a split second they both snap out of it and return to reality.  Hyosung’s fear takes over the feeling of butterflies in her stomach.  She recognizes that voice.  It is Yoon Doojoon.

 She dreads it but she turns to face Doojoon.  He is enraged, his face is red and his hands form two fists.  Hyosung still in Kikwang’s arms does not take a step. 

“What the are you doing making out with this er?”  He starts walking across the street toward the two lovers.  Fear of what will come next takes over Hyosung and she is speechless.  Doojoon reaches them and pulls Hyosung away from Kikwang’s body.

“Let her go!”  Kikwang states. 

“Shut your mouth low life.  She is my fiancée and there is no reason for you to be defending her.  She is not yours, she is mine.”  Doojoon places his own body in front of Hyosung declaring his possession over her.  “Get in my car Hyosung.”  He announces.

“No, I’m not leaving with you.”

“Get in the car now!”  He responds in a scary voice.

“You can’t force her to leave with you.”  Kikwang speaks while keeping his temper down.  “She has her own free will.  You do not own her.”

“I do own her, she will be my wife soon.”  Doojoon responds.  “Hasn’t she told you?  We are getting married.”  He smirks.

“Hyosung, is that true?  You’re engaged to him?”  With an almost sad voice Kikwang questions the young lady.  She responds with a soft yes and it is clear as his heart brakes at that moment.

“But I don’t love him.  I don’t want to marry him Kikwang.  I’m in love with you.”  She remarks.  Using her strength she frees herself from Doojoon’s grasp and runs toward Kikwang.  “Believe me, I want you.  I love you, only you.  I can’t marry him, I won’t marry him.”

Kikwang looks into her eyes and knows that what she speaks is the truth.  He grabs her face and plants another small kiss on her lips.

“YOU ER!”  Doojoon’s anger reaches its peak and he quickly grabs Hyosung and throws her to the side.  She falls on the floor hurting her left arm.  Doojoon grabs Kikwang collar and punches his face with all his strength.  At that moment body guards approach the scene.

“Take Hyosung home!  I’ll deal with this scum.”  Doojoon orders.  The two large men lift the hurt heiress and carry her into their car.  As one drives off and the other holds her down, she watches as Doojoon punches Kikwang over and over again until the shorter one falls to the ground.



Hello everyone.  It's been a while but Turkey Day, also known as Thanksgiving Day in the States, just past. 

Wasn't able to go on and upload the chapter or even read the fanfics that I'm currently reading.

Man, was I on withdrawal, I kept dreaming of the fanfics.  Crazy.

So hope you like this.  Just a few weeks untill winter break.

I'll have more time for this site, I'm excited.

Once again, thanks for reading, commenting, and subscribing.