Unwanted Engagement

Ensnared

Chapter 1

                Entering the café, Hyosung looks for an empty table.  She looks around until she sees a couple stand up and leave.  She quickly walks over to the now empty table and sits facing away from the other costumers.  The young female of only 24 years places her purse across from her.  She does not want anybody to try and sit with her.

                "Hi, can I get you something to drink?"

                She looks up to see the waiter standing beside her.  The handsome red-headed young man smiles waiting patiently for her answer. Hyosung stares at his luscious lips as he speaks again.

                "Should I get the usual then?  Ice tea with some lemon."

                Hyosung nods in agreement and the waiter leaves.  Ever since the café  opened last month, she spends almost every afternoon there.  At first she visited the joint for the drinks and the sweet snacks but eventually that changed.  It changed because of a male, because of the handsome waiter.

                "Here is your tea miss.  Would you like anything else?"  Kikwang, the waiter, returns and places her ice tea in front of her.  After declining any additional food, he walks away to other customers.

                Taking a drink from her tea she feels her cell phone vibrate.  Hyosung takes it out of the bag and reads the caller ID.  A sigh escapes as she sees the name and decides to ignore the call.  One minute later she receives another call from the same person.  Not wanting to be bothered, she turns off the phone and shoves it back into her elegant purse.

                "Is everything ok here?  How's the tea?"  Kikwang is standing beside her again showing his bright signature smile. 

               "It's delicious, like always.  Thanks."  She answers.  Kikwang is about to turn away when she speaks again.  "Actually, I want some pie.  What's the most delicious pie on the menu?"

                "Oh, that's a tough one.  Anything that my uncle bakes is delicious so I don't know how to answer to that question."

                "Oh is your uncle the baker?"  Hyosung questions the handsome waiter.

                "Yeah, and I assure you, anything that comes from the kitchen will be absolutely delicious.  I vouch for him."

                Hyosung giggles at Kikwang's comment.  It's not that it was funny, it is more the tone in which he spoke that made her giggle.  He is being cute and funny while not even trying to be cute and funny.  This is one of the reasons she likes to come to the café, she likes talking to Kikwang.  Speaking to him is an escape from the problems that follow her.  He always knows exactly what to say.  Actually, flashing his smile was enough for her.

                "Ok, I'll try a slice of the lemon cream pie.  If it's delicious as you say, I'll have to then try everything on the menu."

                "That would make my uncle very happy."  Kikwang states with a big smile on his face.  "I'll be right back with your pie."

                Kikwang comes back a few moments later and places the slice of pie in front of her.  He hands her a fork and then pulls a chair and sits next to her very enthusiastically.  The sudden action takes Hyosung by surprise.  The waiter has never sat with her before.  No waiter ever sits down with the customers. 

                Noticing the young lady's reaction to him sitting down, Kikwang speaks up.  "I want to see your reaction when you try the pie."  His smile makes Hyosung's heart skip a beat.  She picks up the fork and takes a piece of pie while trying to balance the pudding on the fork.  She moves the fork closer to .  Kikwang leans in closer to get a better view of the action about to happen.  The piece enters and fills it with sweet delicious lemon pudding.  Her eyes close to savor every bit of it.

                "Oh my god, this is the most delicious lemon cream pie I have ever tasted."  She is usually not too fond of pies, but this particular one is delicious.  To be completely honest, she had actually been on a diet and had not tasted pie in years.  She is not sure if the long term absence of sugar was the reason why the pie seemed delicious, or if it is indeed delicious.

                "So I was right!"  Kikwang rejoices.  "Told you my uncle was a great baker.  He's a genius!"

                They both laugh.  Hyosung then does something she has never done before.  She takes a piece of pie and directs it to the waiter's mouth. 

                "Say ahhh," she says, indicating the boy in front of her to open his mouth.

                Kikwang opens his mouth and accepts her offering.  The young lady looks at the cute boy in front of her and smiles.  She admires his beauty and all she wants to do is stare at him for the rest of the day.  She just want to look into his eyes and get lost.

                "Are my eyes that beautiful?"

                "What?"  Hyosung feels embarrassed.  She doesn't want to make it obvious she has a crush on him.  "Sorry, didn't mean to stare."  She looks down at her lap in embarrassment. 

                "Don't worry about it"  Kikwang places his hand on her shoulder.  "I stare at you too sometimes."

                "What?"  She is now very curious.

                The waiter does not reply to her eager question.  He just sits there smiling at her.  His hand still resting on her shoulders.  The handsome young man leans in toward her.  His lips approached hers.  Hyosung's heart pounds faster and faster every second.  She is frozen in her seat, her muscles not working.  Kikwang's approaching eyes hypnotize her.  She expects a kiss.  She expects his luscious lips to meet her lips.  Hyosung closes her eyes and feels his light breathing on her skin.

                "Lee Kikwang!"  A loud deep voice interrupts.  Hyosung shoots open her eyes.  Kikwang stands up, his hand is no longer on her shoulder.  "Kikwang, get back to work!"

                "My boss is angry, got to get back to work."  The waiter returns the chair back to its original place and walks away with a smile on his face.

                Hyosung's face feels hot and glows bright red.  She drinks her tea and finishes the rest of the pie.  She decided it's time to return to her reality and head home.  She grabs her designer bag and takes out her wallet.  She adds the price of the pie to her usual tab and leaves money on the table.  She doesn't wait for Kikwang to come back and receive the payment and walks away without saying good-bye to the handsome waiter.

                Driving home, she recalls the events of the day.  The best part of her day so far was her time at the café.  Hyosung pulls up to her driveway and parks her car.  Dreading what will happen as soon as she enters those big wooden doors, Hyosung stays inside her car a few moments.  She turns on her phone and notices she has fifteen missed calls.  Five are from her father, five from her mother, and another five missed calls from the man she does not want to meet.

                She hears light tapping on the car window.  Outside is her butler speaking to her.  She cannot entirely understand what the old man is saying so she opens her door and steps outside.  "Miss Hyosung, your mother and father are furious.  They have been calling you non-stop."

                "Kwangsoo, are my parents alone?"

                "Your fiancé is inside, young mistress."

                Hyosung takes this piece of information with a grain of salt.  The last person she wants to face right now is that man that calls himself her fiancé.  She takes a deep breath before pushing the wooden doors open and enters her home.

                Once inside everything is quiet.  The only sounds heard are her high heels hitting the tiled floor every time she took a step.  At that point, she decides to sneak into her room without her mother catching her.  She turns left at a large corridor before abruptly stopped by the woman in front of her. 

                "Where have you been?  You didn't show up to your date today!"  The woman who's had too many plastic surgeries grabs Hyosung's arm and pulls her toward the living room.  "I cannot believe you are being this difficult.  You are embarrassing the family with this behavior."

                "Let me go, you are hurting me."  Hyosung's complaints only made the woman dig her long nails deeper into the girl's skin.  "You're hurting me."

                At this point Hyosung desperately wants to fight back but she cannot.  She finds it difficult to argue with the woman that gave birth to her.  Hyosung tries to walk at her mother's pace but every time she cannot not keep up, she is yanked harder.

                "You're father and I had to make up an excuse to explain why you didn't show up to the date.  You better not embarrass us in front of your future husband."

                "He's not going to be my future husband, Mother.  I don't want to marry him.  I don't love him."  Hyosung protested but all is in vain. 

                They reached the large living room where two men await them.  The angered mother lets go of her young daughter and slightly pushes her toward the center of the room.  Hyosung looks at her father in hopes that he saves her from this situation.  He is usually the one that was more lenient with her.  This time he does not help her out.

                "Hyosung, please apologize to your fiancé."  Her father speaks with a firm voice.

                She turns toward the young man standing beside her father.  He is a handsome, rich young man who is popular with the girls.  His short black hair and expensive suit makes him look dashing but Hyosung knows him best.  She has seen him grow up from a sweet boy to a man who plays with women's hearts.

                "No sir, don't force her to apologize.  I know she can be busy with her studies.  Really I completely understand."  The tall young man says.  "I already forgave her anyway."

               "Now, don't be so lenient with my daughter.  If she is going to be your wife, she has to act like it."  The mother says.

                Hyosung quickly turns and give her mother a mad glance.  Why is she being forced to act like his future wife if she is not planning on marrying the guy.

                "Hyosung, I said apologize."   Her mother's loud voice does not only scare Hyosung but the men seem startled as well.

                Hyosung turns to look at the man she is promised to.  "I'm sorry Doojoon.  I'm sorry I didn't go to our date,  I had a class and forgot to inform you." 

                "That's ok sweetheart.  We can reschedule it and go on a date another time."  Yoon Doojoon flashes a smile at Hyosung.  He knew Hyosung was lying about her being in class.  He knew her entire schedule, she did not have any classes today.  Hyosung is not sure if his sweet talk is genuine or not.  He always acts very sweet in front of her parents but he must be mad at her at this moment and might be hiding his true feelings. 

                "That is actually a great idea Doojoon.  Why don't you both reschedule the date for this evening.  Hyosung is finished with her classes." 

                Hyosung wants to tape her mother's mouth shut so that she would stop talking.  She makes up excuses to not go on the date with Doojoon but every excuse she makes is quickly solved by her mother.  "I have to study" "You can study later honey" "My piano recital is approaching, I should…" "Piano can wait."  There was no wining against her mother.

                After agreeing to go on a date with Doojoon, she excuses herself and walks to her room.  Once inside her room she jumps onto the bed.  She is mad that she's being forced to go on a date.  She is mad that her parents expect her to marry without love.

                A knock is heard coming from the door, it opens and her mother enters.  Hyosung grabs a pillow and places it over her face.  Her mother removes it.

                Hyosung is being reprimanded once again.  "I thought you needed to just grab a jacket?  Why are you laying in bed?"

                Hyosung doesn't want to continue the fight so she gets up and walks to her closet.  The large walk-in closet holds hundreds of designer outfits, expensive pairs of shoes, and many accessories.  She grabbed a light brown jacket and walks back toward her mother.

                "Sweetheart, this is for your own good."

                "My own good?  You mean your own good.  For father's own good.  Everyone's own good except for mine."  Hyosung retorts.  "Although I have known him for many years, I am not in love him. The only reason you and dad want me to marry him is because you  want father's business to have a good relationship with the Yoon family business.  This is all for economic interest."

                Her mother doesn't reply.  She doesn't have an excuse because what her daughter said was right.  The Yoon family had a great status in world of business and being affiliated with them would mean greater riches than they already have.

                "Mom, please.  Don't let me marry him.  I want to marry for love."  Hyosung pleads the woman.  For once she wishes that her mother was a loving mom like those on television.  She wishes her mother would hug her and tell her to fight for love. 

                "Marrying for love is not enough.  I was not in love with your father but I am successful now because of this marriage.  We were able to give you all of this.  All your designer clothes, the jewelry, your education.  Everything was because I married for interest.  I cannot allow you to marry for love if it will not bring you what you deserve."

                "I don't care about money mother.  I want my heart to skip a beat when I see the man I love.  I want to feel loved and feel safe as he arms hug me.  I want to be in love with the man that I will spend the rest of my life with.  I do not feel that way about Doojoon!"

                "Is there someone else you want to marry?"  At that moment Hyosung's thoughts travel in one direction.  The image of Lee Kikwang pops into her head.  His smile, his eyes, his voice, everything about him gave her more feelings than Doojoon had ever made her feel.  "Who is it?  Who are you thinking about?"

                "Nobody mother."  Hyosung would be crazy to mention that she was thinking about a poor boy.  Someone who works as a waiter.  Her mother would just reprimand her for even making conversation with someone so below her status.

                Jun Hyosung simply exits her room with a gloomy expression on her face.  She meets up with Doojoon in the living room and both say their good-byes before exiting the mansion. 

                Yoon Doojoon decides to drives his fiancée to a popular club.  It is not a great place to have a date but Hyosung doesn't want to argue with him as well.  

                They walk inside and are escorted to the VIP area.  Hyosung isn't a party girl so she feels a bit uncomfortable with the atmosphere.

                "You're not dressed appropriately for the club"

                "I didn't know we were having a date at a club." 

                Doojoon reaches over and tugged at her blouse, pulling it lower than it should go.  The movement makes her cleavage expose.  "That's more like it."  He smirks while staring at Hyosung's chest.  She hates when he looks at her body that way.  She pulls her blouse back to its position.

                Yoon Doojoon stands up and asks her to dance.  When she declines, he quickly moves on to another woman.  The Jun mistress sits at the VIP table alone while the Yoon heir dances the night away with beautiful women who show too much skin.  He stays on the dance floor only to return to the table to take a few drinks and kiss his fiancée on the cheek. As the hours pass by, Hyosung feels more and more irritated.  She finally stands up and walks toward the exit.

                "Where are you going?"  Doojoon grabs her wrist and turned her around.  "We're supposed to be on a date.  You can't leave me here by myself."

                "Exactly, we are supposed to be on a date so why do you leave me alone while you dance with other women?"

                "I asked you to dance but you didn't want to.  What am I supposed to do?  Sit there with you and be bored?  That is not what clubs are for."

                A dunk woman walks up to Doojoon and seductively places her body onto his.  "Come dance with me handsome" 

                Hyosung pulls her arm free and walks out of the club.  Yoon Doojoon pushes the drunk woman off him and follows his fiancée out of the establishment.  "Drive me home Doojoon." He hears Hyosung say.

                The engaged couple enter the sports car and drive away.  "I can't believe you first stood me up earlier today, and now you act like a !"

                "What?"  Insulting and disrespect is not tolerable in Hyosung's eyes.  She does not allow anybody to speak to her in such a disrespectable fashion.  "Stop the car!"

                "No, we're in the middle of the highway."

                "I don't care, I no longer wish to breath the same air as you."    Doojoon takes the next ramp exit and stops the car.  Hyosung reaches for the door handle but is stopped by Doojoon.

                "Look, I'm sorry.  I'm just very frustrated with you.  Why can't you just accept the fact that we will get married?  We have to start getting along like we used to."  Doojoon is an jerk most of the time but he has a point.  They can't keep fighting every time we see each other.  The Jun Heiress removes her hand from the door handle and decides to stay in the car.

                Doojoon drives back onto the highway and continues on their way.  A few moments later he exits on a street that does not lead to her home.  "Where are we going?" 

                "I want to show you something first.  We're making a detour to my house."

                Hyosung doesn't like the idea of going to his home but doesn't refuse.  Once there, they are greeted by the staff.  "Welcome home young master."  Says an old lady dressed in a maid outfit too big for her frame.  The Yoon estate is bigger and more elegant than Hyosung's home.  Mrs. Yoon was a well known home decorator and designer, her talents are noticeable by just looking at the lavish home. 

                Doojoon grabs Hyosung's hand and guides her upstairs to the second floor of the mansion.  They enter his room and he closes the door behind them.

                "Where are your parents?"

                "Probably out of the country.  They spend more time away than they do here at home."  He replies.

                He takes out a small box from one of his drawers and hands it to his fiancée.  The heiress opens the box and sees a diamond ring inside staring back at her.  She looks up and Doojoon who is smiling at her.  Hyosung is speechless.  She was not expecting him to buy a ring for her.  The engagement had just be decided by their parents, it was never really formal within them two.

                “I wanted to make it more official so I got you an engagement ring.”  He grabs the ring with one hand and takes hers with the other.  He then places the ring on her finger.  “There, now you have something beautiful to show-off to your friends.”

                Hyosung observes the ring on her finger.  It is a very expensive ring with a large shiny  diamond in the middle.  It's beautiful, but having it on her finger  does not give her the feelings she expects to have.  She doesn't want to marry him and therefore having a ring on her finger does not make her happy..

                Doojoon gently grabbed her chin and makes her look up at him.  Their eyes meet.  He leans in and kisses her.  She backs away but he leans in once more.  This time his arms wrap around her waist making sure she cannot back away again.

                “No, just take me home.”  Hyosung pushes him away.

                “We’re engaged.  It’s only logical that I would want to kiss my fiancée.”  He pulls her in for another kiss.  Hyosung tries to push him away but that only makes Doojoon kiss her with more force.  He picks her up, walks toward the bed with her in his arms, and lays her on the bed.  Hyosung is not sure of what to do.  This is the first time she is in a situation like this with Doojoon.  He has never tried to force himself on top of her.  His body is positioned in a way that has her trapped.  His hands move down her body feeling her abdomen, hip, legs and up again.  Her heart pounds, she feels frightened.  She cannot push him off her body.

                "Please stop Doojoon."  He is touching what he is not supposed to touch.  His hand land on her s and Hyosung breaks their kiss. 

                "Don't push me away, please." He pleads.  His eyes look at her intensely before he leans in and kisses her again.  His hand finds its way under her shirt and touches her soft skin.

                Knowing no other way to push the heavy man off her body, she bits his lips hard.

                “Oww.  Why did you bite me?” He gets off her and sits on the bed.  Blood covers the right side of his lower lip. 

                “You wouldn’t stop!  I had to do that.”  She stands up and ran out the room.  She doesn't stop until she gets outside of the mansion.  There she contemplates on how she will get home.  She doesn't want Doojoon to drive her home so she takes her phone out, ready to call her mother's chauffeur.  Doojoon comes out of the house before she makes the phone call.

                'I'll take you home, Get in the car.  The drive back to Hyosung's house is awkward.  None of them break the silence.  Doojoon's face is filled of guilt but he does not apologize for his behavior. When they reach their destination, Hyosung simply gets out of the car and he drives away in silence.

 


author's note:

Hi guys!  I have been wanting to write a Kisung story for a long time.

Hope you like it so far.  It will be a short story.

please subscribe and comment:)