Sorry jagi!

Sorry jagi!

You looked at your phone in confusion, wondering why Seunghyun hadn’t been answering your calls for the past couple of hours. You only wanted to ask what time he would be home tonight but he wasn’t picking up the phone or replying to your text messages. In the beginning you’d thought nothing of it; maybe he was busy recording and hadn’t heard his phone but by now you were starting to get slightly worried. You decided to try one last time before you started calling the rest of s. You dialled his number and listened to it ring with crossed fingers, after about the eight ring it was finally picked up.

“Ya! What took you so long to pick up and why haven’t you been answering my calls all day?” you asked immediately, upset with him but also relieved that he picked up.

“I’m sorry baby…” he answered you in a small voice, not sounding like the happy Seunghyun you were used to. Your worry returned.

“Seunghyun oppa you don’t sound so good, what’s wrong?” you asked him concerned.

“I-I don’t really know how to tell you…” he murmured in response.

“Seunghyun don’t play around, I’m really getting worried now!” you exclaimed, just wanting him to tell you what was wrong.

“Okay, okay. You see, I sort of got in a bit of an accident today…” he almost whispered. A thousands scenarios went through your mind and all of them involved Seunghyun being in incredible pain. Your world stopped spinning and your heart missed a beat before it took off flying.

“Wha-What happened?” you asked, wanting to know what was wrong but also afraid to hear the answer.

“Well we were driving back to YG after the radio interview and as I was getting out the car I forgot to look both ways. Some dude on a bike was coming my way and I didn’t see him. I only fractured my ankle and I’m at the hospital with Youngbae hyung now so you don’t need to worry about me.” he explained to you. You immediately felt better when you heard he was with Youngbae but you still wanted to see your boyfriend as soon as possible.

“O-Oppa I’m on my way! I-I…” you mumbled in heartbroken voice, imagining the pain Seunghyun was in feeling horrible for not being by his side to comfort him. You knew he would beat himself up over this in the next few weeks when he couldn’t dance and perform properly.  

“Jagi, what’s wrong?” he asked you, sounding uncertain.

“You must be in so much pain!” you exclaimed, tears running down your face. You were running around the house as quickly as you could getting dressed haphazardly and looking for your car keys, wanting to be by his side as soon as possible. Only that was hard to do when you had a phone in one hand and tears blurring your sight.

“Erm… jagi…” Seunghyun said hesitantly.

“Oppa I’m on my way now, just hang in there! I’ll be there soon!” you cried out, trying to sound a lot braver than you were.

“Jagi…” Seunghyun repeated in a slightly louder voice.

“What’s wrong oppa? Does it hurt a lot?” you asked as you sniffled.

“Is it too late to say I’m kidding?” Seunghyun asked you in a hopeful voice. Immediately you dropped your car keys and sat on the floor. Your heart was still beating overtime and you couldn’t stop the tears though at least you weren’t sobbing anymore. You felt glad that Seunghyun was okay but also incredibly angry at the fact that he would do such a thing.

“Sorry jagi!” he apologised.

“You’re telling me you’re perfectly fine?” you inquired, still not believing he would joke about something like that.

“Yep.” he simply said, thinking you had forgiven him already.

“Nothing is wrong with you at all.” you asked again as you ran a hand through your hair.

“Yep.” he repeated.

“Why would you do such a thing? Do you know how worried I was you idiot?” you yelled at him, your anger finally hitting.

“Jiyong hyung made me! He said you wouldn’t really care that much if I was hurt and I wanted to prove him wrong!” he answered you panicked.

“So you risked me having a heart attack to win a stupid bet?” you asked him slowly, genuinely not believing his reasoning. You knew Seunghyun and Jiyong had a weird relationship but for him to do this just to prove his friend wrong was ridiculous.

“Well when you put it like that….” Seunghyun said in a small voice.

“Oppa are you sure you’re feeling 100% fine? Nothing is wrong with you right?” you asked again rather calmly.

“Yeah. You can stop worrying about me!” he answered you in a bright voice thinking you were still thinking about his wellbeing.

“Oh I wasn’t worrying about you.” you told him.

“Well then why did you ask?” he cautiously asked.

“I just don’t wanna feel guilty about killing you later.” you deadpanned.

“Wha-what?” Seunghyun said in a now slightly terrified voice. You could practically see his face falling and his mind racing. Good.

“See you when you come home.” you said in a deceptively sweet voice and hung up on him without giving him a chance to reply.