Part 1

A Moment of Infinity


Halloween parties have never been her thing. She hates being surrounded by people, it feels suffocating. If it wasn’t for her mom telling her to go ‘live the life’ and if it also wasn’t for Soojung arranging this party, she would most likely be at home watching America’s Next Top Model. But no, she’s all alone in a garden pavilion – away from people, away from the noise, away from everything. And that’s how she likes it.

A small sigh escaped from her lips. Her chin calmly rested on her palm as her elbow was placed on the cemented barrel that divided the pond and the pavilion. Her eyes bored on the fishes that were swimming in the small pond.

“What is snow white doing in place like this alone?”

A deep voice bothered her concentration. She turned to take a look, there standing in front of her is a man she has never seen before – dark orbs, plump red lips, broad cheek bones, developed eye brows, and chiseled jaw line that looks very masculine – he is wearing a black tuxedo with a cape at his back, he has fake fangs under his upper lip representing that he was dressed as vampire.

“Waiting for your prince charming?”

He chuckled; his voice is low and manly. He walked towards her and stood next to her, “I’m Kim Jongin.” he pulled out his hand and reached it towards the girl as he made this soft gentle smile that made her smile as well.

“Choi Jinri.” She said as she shakes his hand.

“Is it okay if I accompany you?” he said while he rested his arms on the barrel and stared at fishes.

“It’s okay.”

--

It’s been 7 months since she met Kim Jongin. She didn’t know how, she didn’t know when, but he suddenly became a routine of her daily life.

“What’s taking you so long?” her phone was hanging on her shoulder while her head was tilted in an uncomfortable manner. Hearing the tone in his voice, he was pretty much annoyed by her tardiness.

“I had something’s under my palm earlier. I told you I’d be late but you still came early.”

“Well, Yeah! And I came late too!” he shouted over his phone making her cringed as she got out of her house.

“When I said late, I meant very late. Not 30 minutes late, stupid.”  She stuffed all the books she was holding in her bag before taking the phone away from her shoulder.

“I’ll be there soon, Jongin. See you in a while.” With that she hanged up and started walking.

--

She pushed the glass door and there she saw Kim Jongin with his arms crossed while pouting like a kid. She chuckled under her breath as she lightly shaked her head.

Jinri walked towards the older guy and went to take a sit opposite from him. “Sorry, if I was late. Have you ordered anything?” she asked.

The pout on his lips soon disappeared and was replaced by a wide grin, he can never stay mad, especially if it was Choi Jinri.

“I already did; Your favorite mac and cheese, and my favorite cheese cake.”

“Anyway, what’s so important and you almost made me run all the way here?”

Jongin leaned towards her – their nose were an inch apart. Jinri blinked at his sudden actions but she just stood still.

“I’ve decided to ask the girl I like out.” he made the boyish grin she had never seen.

Jinri chuckled as she leaned back, “You mean the girl you’ve been talking about for the past 7 months?” she asked as she crossed her arms.

“Yes.”

“How are you planning on asking her out?”

“That’s why I called you! How do you wanna be asked out?”

Jinri laughed at his questions but stopped when she saw how serious he was. She pointed at herself and blinked a couple of times, “Me?” she asked.

He replied with a nod.

“You know I don’t liked being asked out, Jongin” She said while the waiter gave them their order. She lightly bowed as a sign of thanks to the waiter.

“Well, what if you do. Just a ‘what if’, Jinri”

She pursed her lips as she grabbed the ice tea in front of her, she took a slight sipped and hummed, “Probably on the park – in the evening though while being given a baby’s breath bouquet.”

Jongin blinked and leaned back to his seat. He stared at the girl in front of him and laughed.

Jinri glared at him as she took a bite on her mac and cheese, “What?” she asked.

“For a girl who doesn’t wanna be asked out, you sure are romantic.” he smirked at her.

“Jongin, shut up.”

--

“What time is it?”

He stared at the sky – it was getting quite dark.

“It’s almost 7.”

He stared at the girl besides him who was busy staring off to somewhere. He smiled widely and started dragging her.

“Let’s go watch the sunset.”

--

She stared at the hand that was pulling her wrist – it’s just a tiny skin ship but somehow she can feel her stomach all flattery.

She hated how she feels whenever his around. She feels suffocated, and her heart is beating fast – but what she hates the most is…. she actually doesn’t hate that feeling.

--

They were sitting under the tree as the watched the sun goes down. “Jinri, could you wait here for a sec?” he whispered in her ear.

“Hmm… sure, where are you going?” she asked as she stared at the young man who stood up.

“Just somewhere but I’ll be back. I promise.” He showed her another boyish grin before running of.

Jinri chuckled as she watched his figure disappear.

“I hate how you make me feel.” She murmured.

--

It was almost dark and he still wasn’t back. Jinri sighed as she stood up. She dusted her jeans and was about to go home when all of sudden a bouquet of baby’s breath were shove in her face.

“This is for you.”

“Huh?” She took the bouquet to see the person in front of her. Much to her surprise she saw Kim Jongin standing in front of her with his head bowed down.

“What’s the meaning of this-“

“I love you. I love you ever since I saw you! Call this cliché but it was love at first sight. When I saw you walking down the stairs wearing that white gown I fell for you. I didn’t want you out of my sight, so when you left and went outside the garden that was the timing I was waiting for because – because if I lost you that night I won’t be able to stand in here and confess to you. Those seven months, it was the most beautiful seven months I’ve ever had because I learned more about you.”

“Jongin –“

“I know how much you don’t want to be courted, but please... would you be my girlfriend?”

“Jongin, I can’t…”

With that one word she gave him back his flower and walked away. Jongin froze for a moment but quickly regained himself as he run after the girl.

He grabbed her arm and forcefully turned her to face him.

“Jinri…please.”

“I can’t okay and I don’t want to be friends with you anymore! “ Tears were forming in her eyes as she shouted those words.

“W-what? You can’t do that.” he whispered.

“I just did.” Tears streamed down her face as she turned around and walk but a hand stopped her.

“I can’t lose you. Even just as a friend, I can’t lose you… please.”

The way his voice trembled she knew he was about to cry.

“Tell me Jongin! Would you still love someone who you’ll lose in the future?” she whispered under her breath. Tears continuously rolled down her cheeks.

 

 

***

This story will have 2 chapters only. This is only a one shot. c: