Returning Home

The Fighter and The Savior

After the honeymoon in Jeju Island, the newlywed couple returned back to their home. When they walked in, they discovered that Jihyun was covered in flour and running around the first floor.

"What is going on?" Simon asked, setting his bag on the ground and closing the front door. Sumi stepped into the kitchen to see Youngwon attempting to make pancakes. 

"Appa!" Jihyun cried, running over to him and hugging him tightly, spreading the flower all over him. He chuckled and hugged her.

"Hi there, did you miss me?" He asked, and in return Jihyun nodded enthusiastically. He picked Jihyun up and carried her over to the kitchen where Sumi was standing, laughing at Youngwon.

"What in the world are you doing?" Sumi asked, crossing her arms in a stern, joking manner.

"Well, Jihyun and I were hungry... And we were going to make pancakes..." Youngwon said, putting the bowl filled with flour on the counter top.

"Well, how did the flour get everywhere?" Simon asked, wiping a bit of flour off of Jihyun's cheek. She giggled and poked his cheek.

"See, Auntie and I accidentally got into a flour fight," she explained.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Who are you calling 'Auntie'?" Youngwon asked, using his infamous air quotes.

"You, silly!" She said, giggling yet again. Both Simon and Sumi were snickering at their silliness. 

"Yah!" Youngwon said picking up some flour and throwing it at Simon and Jihyun.

"What did you just do?" Simon asked, wiping off his shirt and looking up to Youngwon who was already beginning to hide.

"Well, um," he started before Sumi cut him off.

"Before this becomes a big mess, how about we just go out for food?" They all nodded, Youngwon giving a sigh of content. "Okay, everyone go get cleaned up while I clean up," she said, ushering them all out of the kitchen. Jihyun crawled out of Simon's arms and went up to her room to get clothes to change into. Simon grabbed his bags and Sumi's and carried them up the stairs into their room. Youngwon went to the guest room and grabbed his clean clothes and changed in the bathroom downstairs, washing off his face and running his hands through his hair with water. Sumi began to clean the kitchen, putting back the unused flour and eggs into there places. She retrieved the sponge from the sink and began to clean up the leftover flour before resorting to a broom and dustpan to clean the floor with.

In the year that Simon and Sumi were preparing for the wedding, they also bought this house. They decided since they would be the only ones married in the Dalmatian Unit that they should allow the others peace and privacy until they are married. This house is perfect for when the other guys need a place to stay or something. There hasn't been much for the Dalmatian Unit to investigate for the past year except for a series of homicides in late December. Although these two have been out of touch for the last half month, they hoped that there was no case to come back to.

"How was the vacation?" Youngwon asked as they headed out to dinner.

"It was amazing. The weather was beautiful for early October and the food was delicious. How was the babysitting? Did you take Jihyun to school like you were supposed to?" Sumi responded.

"Everything went fine until we had to make food. Neither of us knew how to cook so we ordered take out a lot. And yes, I did take her to school, although she wanted to stay home most of the time," Youngwon replied, nudging at Jihyun.

"Good, good," Simon stated, turning the car into the parking lot of the restaurant.

"I am actually really hungry, yeobo," Sumi said, grabbing Simon's hand and pouting.

"Me too," he replied.

"Me three," replied Youngwon and Jihyun at the same time, which caused the car to break out into laughter. They all got out and headed into the restaurant and were quickly seated. They ordered by the time their waiter had brought them their drinks and were hurriedly eating once their food had arrived. They were all starving and couldn't wait to get dessert.

While they were waiting for food, Simon's phone rang, bringing the entire table into question. He looked at the caller I.D. and saw that the number was unknown, but he picked it up anyway.

"Yeoboseyo?" He said quietly into the phone. He waited a few seconds before there was a click on the other end of the receiver. He looked at his phone and spoke into it once more before shrugging and hanging up.

"That was weird," he said to Sumi, placing his phone on the table.

"What was?" She asked taking a sip of water.

"Someone called me and hung up."

After he said that, their dessert had arrived and everyone forgot about the phone call, for now.