The Wedding

The Fighter and The Savior

"Congratulations!" Everyone said, watching Simon and me kiss. This was the perfect wedding; there were white flowers everywhere and it seemed like a wedding from a magazine. Even though it took a year to plan it, I still loved it. And I still love Simon as much as I did when he first proposed.

This will be a perfect life. This is the best moment so far. And Jihyun is staying with us forever. We adopted her officially. I couldn't be any happier. I don't think anything can ruin this moment. 

"I would like to think all of our friends and family who came here to join us for our special day. I hope you all enjoy the food and dance a lot," Simon said, making his speech and kissing me again as we sat at the table to eat. I smiled brightly and looked at Jihyun. She was playing with our boss' son. Simon and I ate while the others danced, and once we finished, the sun was just starting to set and our DJ noticed we finished eating. 

"And it's that special time of the night that we have all waited for, the groom and bride's dance," he said, choosing a slow song. We stood up, awkwardly if I might say, and walked to the middle of the dance floor. Simon offered his hand and I took it, curtseying slightly, and we began to slow dance, watching each other. After awhile our friends and their dates began to dance together around us. When we were out of the spotlight, I stepped closer to Simon and we were practically hugging. Nothing could ruin this life. All of our troubles have passed. All of my troubles have passed. There is nothing to worry about.

"May I have this dance?" Youngwon asked after clearing his throat. Simon pulled away smiling.

"Of course. It is about time to check on Jihyun and see if she ate all of her food, including her vegetables." We all laughed and Simon walked away. I looked to Youngwon and he held out his hand. I took his hand and placed my other on his shoulder. We began to waltz for a bit.

"You look very pretty."

"Thank you, umma," I said, snickering. He stuck his tongue out and we continued to dance.

"I am happy for you," Youngwon said at the end of the song and bowed before walking away back to his date, who just finished drinking another glass of champagne. I smiled and looked around for Simon, before being swept into another dance.

"Inati." I said harshly, holding his hand loosely and looking away.

"Hey, no hard feelings, right?" He said, quietly. I looked around for Simon and sighed, stepping away.

"How could I have feelings for someone I don't care about. Now last time I checked, your little toy, Hayoung, is looking for you." I faked a smiled and bowed my head. I walked away over to Simon.

"Yeobo~" I called as I saw him playing with Jihyun.

"Annyeong! Jihyun ate all of her food and is making several new friends." I smiled and hugged Jihyun. She is so adorable. We sat at the table eating the cake that was provided and watched as people danced. After awhile Youngwon came over with Jisu and took Jihyun out to dance. Simon and I sat at the table, hand in hand, admiring all the happy people that were dancing, but something was itching in the back of my mind.

"Simon," I said, looking over to him, grabbing his attention with my worried tone.

"Yes, Sumi?"

"We are going to be alright, right? No problems? We will be able to take care of Jihyun, right?" He nodded and wrapped an arm around me.

"Of course. You have nothing to worry about." I nodded and leaned into him, closing my eyes.

 

As we spent the night side by side, dancing several times, the night's youth soon came to an end and it was time to start heading home, or in our case, the computer so we could book our honeymoon. 

We bid our guests farewell, include Jihyun, who would be spending the weekend with her friends, and then Youngwon would pick her up and take care of her until our honeymoon was planned and over. Once everyone left, Simon and I looked at each other, paused for a bit, and then began to laugh.

"Oh god, this is going to be a good life." I nodded in agreement and hugged him tightly. We stood there for a second with his head on mine. Everything was packed up and Simon and I headed into my room in the old apartment. We pulled out my laptop and started searching for deals, but after awhile, we both became tired and fell asleep on my bed.