Chapter 002: Two Strangers.

Mind's Killer

 15 hours had passed. Now, I was located in an luxurious building of a Yong's Tea Palace. People barely came here since it is getting darker and half of them went to bed, early. Myungsoo wanting to wait for my time shift ended but I kindly asked him to go home because of the tight schedules I have, for today. And I can guess it right. He is going to stay up late in my apartment. I shook my head as the bell rangs for signalling, there was a new customer. 

I shrugs my thought off from concentrading the magazine pretty much - magazine about fashions collection - and bows to the new comer. "Welcome to Yong's Tea Palace." I greets the person that stood right in front of me. I titled my head up to see his face clearly but he hide half of his viewful facial in his mask and cap. I try to brushed my mind and focus on his order. He ignores my greets, unmannerly, as he made his way to an empty seat. 

He slides the menu book onto the other page and raised his arm as soon as he have make his decision. I clear my throats, secretly, without knowing his noticeable. I walks up to his seat with plastered a warming smiles and stood beside of his table. "Yes, may I take you order, sir?" I asked, nicely, as what usually I do on these days, when it comes to my shifts. He nodded and point out on the menu list. I titled my head to bend down a little and see his order, clearly. 

Americano Coffee? "Oh, okay. Is that all?" I asks him, for confirmation. He respond my answer with a slight nods. I try hard to smiles at this awkward moments. "Alright. It will be serves in just 2 minutes." then I walks back to the kitchen and made his order since I could see the chef were sleeping, soundly of tiring. I won't bothering anyone though. So, I took the recipe and made it. When it done, I took a smaller spoon to taste it. I nodded - satisfiedly of the drink that I just made by myself for the first time. "Not bad." I whispers and put the spoon back on the sink and bring another one for him.

I replaced a cup of americano coffee on the tray and made my own way to his seat. I puts his order on the table and bows. "Enjoy your drink, sir." I said, politely before went back to the counter section. I felt awkward and something chills my spine down, when I am around him. It feels different and creepy. I really wanted to get back home after seeing his leaving steps. 

 

2 hours ago, I fell asleep across the counter's table without noticing my snores, someone came to my side with a fainted footsteps. I was barely open my eyes but the next moment that I could heard of, by his leaving steps to the exit place. He just exited this lonely building. Finally, my eyes fluttered open to see the situation. I found an excessive money, lended next to my arm. He don't even had the balance yet. Aish, Silly me! I thought as face-palming my forehead.

I sighed and saved the money inside of the machine and ready to go home. I changed my uniform into my casual outfits and grabs Myungsoo's coat that I borrowed from him to wear - before that, I went to the kitchen and woke the chef up to left - then I shut the exiting door to take my way, alone, in the dark. It is getting late now. I took a glance on my wristwatch. It read, 12:30AM. 

 

  I was walking home from my working place. The weather was very cold, and there were some low clouds around the tops of the buildings. Once I'd left the main road, there weren't many people in the dark, narrow streets of Gangnam's. Everything was very quiet. It felt as if the city was waiting for something.

As I walked I thought about what had happened at work. That creepy stranger that I had argued with myself. It was the first serious problem since I'd arrived. I was trying to think what to do about it, and I was also hoping he won't came across my life. And also to think about my boyfriend, Myungsoo in my apartment. I felt bad for letting him go home alone. I shouldn't working so hard because of my responbility was to made one of my nice hot soups for dinner while he is the one that should do the job business. But the time, is going to be started as soon as we could graduated.

After about five minutes it started to snow heavily, so that the streets were soon completely white. As I was walking along a very dark part of one street there was the noise of a door shutting loudly inside a building. Then, I heard the sound of someone running. Suddenly, the street door opened and a woman came out of it and ran straight into me. I fell over into the snow, shouting something like, "Yah, watch where you're going!" - my words were loud in the empty street. The woman turned to look at me for a moment. 

"Sorry." she said very quietly, in Korean, before walking quickly away.

When I saw at that moment, in the dark winter street was very strange, and I felt very afraid. Because what  I saw was meMy face looking down at me. My mouth saying sorry

---

 

to be continued ...