Chapter 3

Our Moon

 

 

 

When Kyungsoo opened his eyes again it wasn’t in his apartment, that he knew for sure. There weren’t his bright blue walls that would cheer him up when he felt down, there wasn’t the usual loneliness that spread through each furniture. This room seemed to be dull but at the same time it signaled warmth.

 

He caught something from the side of his eyes and looked at a handsome boy who slept peacefully on a chair beside Kyungsoo’s bed. He could recognize him as the boy called Baekhyun. Slowly he tried to sit up but not wanting to disturb the sleeping boy beside him. Baekhyun seemed to look exhausted and for a moment Kyungsoo wondered if it was his fault. He winced when he finally managed to sit up properly. His body hurt a lot and he could feel the heat radiating from his whole body. “Am I sick” Kyungsoo wondered while placing a hand on his forehead. It was burning. Kyungsoo’s eyes widened.  He didn’t understand. It wasn't like he felt sick like he normally did when he caught a cold or something like that. He did feel weird but it was just… different.

 

Suddenly it hit him hard, an urge. He wanted to run, just run but it wasn’t that he feared the person beside him or the others that might be around here; no it was just an instinct that tried to claim his whole body. Kyungsoo carefully stumbled out of the bed. He directly made his way to the window. A smile decorated his face when he realized that he was in the woods, the cruel city not in his sight. He carefully opened the window afraid to gain attention from anyone around here. He waited for some seconds afraid that someone would barge in but no nothing happened. His braveness came back and he made his way out of the room through the window. He didn’t have to do much since the room he was in was on the first floor.

 

As soon as his feet made contact with the soft and moist soil his head started to pound. His heart gained speed and the animalistic urge to run became overwhelming. Just like that he let the beast take over and he started to run. Kyungsoo wondered for a second if it was another dream of his but no, it couldn’t, it felt too real to be one. The heat became unbearable with each step he took. His racing heart felt like it would explode any second.

 

Kyungsoo stopped, trying to calm his heart but to no avail. His body started aching more and he let out a scream of pain. Sweat was tripping down his paled face, all color had left him. He looked up at the sky saving the moment which he thought could be his last. His eyes fell on the moon which was as full as he could get. His eyes begin to stink but he just couldn’t look away. The moon was singing a serenade for him. “Is this how I die?” he thought.

 

Another wave of pain hit his body hard. He gasped and hugged his body tightly, hopping that it could ease the pain in anyway. His nostrils expanded as he could take in the scent of something coming his way, though it was at least hundreds of meters away from him. He needed to get away so he forced his body up in a standing position and walked in a direction that he deemed to be safe. While walking with shaky legs he began to get confused. How could he smell something from a distance like that? It wasn’t possible, not for a human.  

 

Still, he had no thought of slowing down. Something or someone was following him so there was no way that he would just wait and find out what was behind him. His pace slowed down as the pain in his body became unbearable. The pounding in his head started again and with a scream he fell on the floor, his hand clenching on both sides on his head. At that moment, death seemed like the sweetest thing to him. He panted hard but his eyes landed on the moon again. It began to sing its song again.

 

His mind was calming down while his body was literally on fire. Each vain in his body felt like a tiny spark that was ready to inflame his whole being. He was awoken from his trace when a worried face came in his sight. The boy, he had seen in his flat before, had sharp eyes and thick lips. He looked helpless and unconsciously Kyungsoo reached his hand out to his face. Carefully he the boy’s cheek whom rewarded him with a sound that resembled a content purr. It was strange, Kyungsoo had this feeling inside him that he couldn’t describe. He didn’t want to see this boy in pain or worried. He wanted to see him smile. He wanted to take care of him but he knew that it wasn’t enough if it was just this boy in front of him. They were calling him, calling for his attention, calling for his love. The feeling of belonging overtook the pain. Fire was replaced by the warm feeling of love.

 

However, his body was exhausted. His arm limply fell back on the ground. Again the face in front of him contorted in worry. Kyungsoo wanted to say that he shouldn’t make this face, that he was fine but he couldn’t. His mouth felt dry and he was far too weak to move a single muscle in his body. The boy disappeared from his sight and suddenly a loud howling replaced the silence of the woods. The howl sounded so heart-breaking that Kyungsoo could feel tears escaping his eyes. No, he didn’t want to die just yet. He finally found a place to stay so why would he been taken away. He was sure he belonged to the same house the boy who was in front of him seconds ago called home.

 

Again, the lullaby of the moon soothed his frightened heart. The scent of other creatures filled Kyungsoo’s nostrils but he didn’t fear them. He knew he was just like them. Why he knew, he couldn’t say but it didn’t matter for now he was far too busy listening to the moon in front of his eyes. His eyelids became heavier with each second that past and even though he feared the darkness that would follow when he closed his eyes, he just couldn’t keep them open any longer and again his conscious slipped away. Though, he knew for sure that he would be at a safe place when he woke up. May it be haven or his new home, he had to see. 

 

 


I'm mean for doing this again right? sorry everyone >.<

I wanted to update so badly since I received so many comments and yeah here it is ~ 

I really hope you like it and I promise to update sooner this time >.<

Sorry for the long wait *bows*

ps. OMG guys like really? 64 subies? You don't know how happy I am right now *wipes tears away*

 

love you you all <3