Chapter 1

Our Moon

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo was a seventeen-year old boy who lived alone in a small apartment provided by his parents who decided to live overseas. It was the least they could do for him when they couldn’t provide him with love for his whole life. He didn’t know why though. He wasn’t loved by his parents and he wasn’t liked in school. He always tried hard to think about what he could have done wrong to the people around him that they started to avoid him like his parents or to bully him like his classmates.

 

He was famous in his school but not because of popularity but because of the constant bullying he had to go through. The bullying started as soon as he started high school. At that time it wasn’t new to him though, the years before had been the same. He was always the center of bullying and yet he never understood why. He had always been the weak one, the small one and the pale one. He always admired the people who were popular in his class. Most of them were tall, handsome and had at least some color to them. But what he never understood was that even though they had all they wanted why would they bully him? He had nothing compared to them so why did they need to push him lower than the already was? You wonder what his parents did? Nothing, like they always did. They showed no sign of loving him. Again, he didn’t understand it. When they didn’t want him, didn’t love him, why was he born in the first place? This question popped up in his mind at least once a day.

 

He couldn’t even say he had friends that would shelter him from the harsh reality he had to face since no one wanted to befriend the center of bullying. They would have to share the same destiny and no one was ready to face what Kyungsoo had to face. But that was okay, he didn’t want other people to get hurt because of him. He found it better that he had to suffer alone as he would drag down other people with him.

 

However, all these things could be forgotten if he was asleep. Why? Because he would dream. His dreams were Kyungsoo’s most beloved treasures. He found himself in a new world where he was loved for who he was and not hated. They respected him and he was never alone since he was part of a pack. A pack? Yeah, since he could transform himself in a wolf which he found to be the best part. As a wolf you are not weak like he was as a human which made him happy. He was useful and didn’t drag other people down. Though, he never saw the members of the pack as humans but he knew that they could shape-shift. Why he knew, he had no idea but it was a dream so there was no reason for him to be stuck with details.

 

Even though he valued his dreams so much he knew that they were just dreams and he would never have what he had there. It made him depressed but he couldn’t change the fact that it wasn’t his reality. What he didn’t know was that his reality would be thrown upside-down soon.

 

It started like a usual day for Kyungsoo. He woke up at 7 am, took a quick shower, brushed his teeth, ate breakfast and left for school at 7.30 am. He took the bus and arrived at school at 7.50 am which meant that he had 10 minutes to get to his class. When he entered the school he tried to act as invisible as possible but like usual it wouldn’t work. He sometimes wondered if his classmates had radar for him since they could spot him from a huge distance.

 

As soon as he made ten steps into the school building he was shoved against lockers. His head hit them hard but Kyungsoo was already used to that kind of pain so he didn’t even flinch anymore. What he also had learnt throughout the years was to never show pain or any emotion. If you did they would enjoy it and torture him even more. Yet they never took it too far since teacher would have been able to notice all the bruises on him. Bruises were the injuries he could easily cover and that were the less painful ones. He already had a concussion and a broken arm that were far worse than the bruises he had received. Kyungsoo wondered why people would go as far as this. Was he really so hateful that people had to hurt him like that? Did he deserve this treatment? He wondered a lot about these questions. He also had a lot of thoughts on ending this pathetic life but he was too scared to do so. Ending his life seemed to be more terrifying than being bullied every single day.

 

No matter how hard it was for him Kyungsoo always tried to look at the bright side of everything. So even if he was bullied in school life, work life wouldn’t be like that at least that was what he believed in. Anyway, as soon as his bullies were finished with torturing Kyungsoo he stood up and dragged himself to his class. People wouldn’t even look at him when he entered the room and he sat down at his usual place. They were afraid that one glance too much would cause them the same hell he had.

 

He had to endure five hours in hell called school that day when he finally could drag himself home. The day wasn’t so bad some bruises and an awfully aching hand; someone found it quite funny to stomp on his hand while he was lying on the floor holding on his stomach.

 

When he reached home he prepared him some lunch. His appetite reached his low the past few days which is why he had lost some weight and he looked a bit too skinny. After he had finished his lunch he decided to watch some TV. While watching TV he fell asleep and to Kyungsoo’s pleasure he dreamed. He was racing in the woods with his pack. It didn’t matter how far he went he would always have the scent of the pack members in his nose. They weren’t just racing but hunting as well. Though Kyungsoo found it awful to kill another being he knew they needed it to survive and he had to admit that hunting was kind of fun. It pushed the adrenaline through his body and he would start running. Which color his fur had he didn’t know since he saw everything through the eye of the wolf. It was thrilling, exciting and made him happy.

 

Too soon he awoke from his slumber. It was a bitter feeling as loneliness was consuming his whole body again, pain was creeping back to his body and his heart would receive another crack in its broken shell. Tiredly he walked to his schoolbag and pulled out all the stuff necessary to do his homework. He placed all the things on the living room table and sat down, lazily placing his elbows on the table.

 

It took him a while to fully concentrate on his tasks buteventually he was only focused on it. He was interrupted by the doorbell. “I wonder who this is.” Kyungsoo mumbled silently to himself. The doorbell only rang when he ordered some food else there was no one who would visit him so he was quite hesitant to open it. Eventually he opened the door a small split and looked who the intruder was.

 

His eyes widen at the sight before him. There were a bunch of young handsome men standing in front of his door. In his mind the worst scenarios formed. These men could be sent from some classmates to make his life more miserable. But then he wondered why so many? Who were they kidding? He couldn’t even defend himself from a single person so why send so many? He quickly tried to close the door but was stopped by a foot that was placed in the gap.

 

Kyungsoo let go of the door handle and slowly walked backwards inwardly trying to find an escape route. He looked with fearful eyes how his living room was getting crowded. He started to count them and when he reached the last he had counted eleven. Eleven people against one. “I can dig my grave.” Kyungsoo thought.

 

 

 


 

 

So here is the first chapter ~

I hope you enjoy it ^-^

And thank you sooo much to the 5 subbies that subscribed for the foreword <3

Love you all <3