Ch.1: What are you?

Silence's Bus Seat

Chapter 1
What are you?

She could hear it over the running water; the sound of a proud mother.
It was finally happening, the first day of the last year she'd be spending as a high school student. Senior year. The year all of her friends and just about every student in her graduating class has been waiting for. It was supposed to be the time in her life where school was supposed to be filled with fun and excitement.  Where her cheeks would hurt from all the time she spent laughing with her friends, and her head would throb because of their experiments with consuming alcohol illegally. She was supposed to get and adrenaline rush from the times her friends would spend running away from the teachers at school after pulling senior pranks or skipping classes.

Yet, she expected none of that.  She didn't want any of that.  She didn't want to spend her afternoons in detention, or better yet suspended.  She didn't want to drink anything alcoholic and end up waking up next to some stranger she didn't recognize.  She didn't want to do any of that.  Instead, she wanted everything to go exactly how it was. Exactly what she was used to was exactly what she wanted.

Sniffing the air as she came down stairs, she smiled to herself.  Same old kitten, same old breakfast, and same ole mom.  Well, the tears streaming down her mothers cheeks were new.  Now to think of it, the table was also set differently. Usually there would be two plates set down at the table. One for herself, another for her mother, and the third dish her father used earlier before he left for work would already be in the sink, but now there was only one.

"Mom, why is there only one plate?"

Her mother sniffed and wiped away the streaming tears.  

"Good Morning," She smiled "How could I eat on a day like this, my only child is about to leave me?"

As Soon Bok slid into her usual seat, she stared up at her mother, not knowing anything to say that would comfort her.  Although she wasn't leaving immediately, but Soon Bok did face the reality of going off to collage and creating a new routine.

She forced a weak smile up at her mother as she took a bite of her eggs. "Mom, There's a whole year left."

With another sniff, her mother grinned and nodded. "I know, I know..."

"And I'll come to visit." She concluded as she finished up her small breakfast. "You still have dad and your nephews."

"But, I won't have a daughter."

Soon Bok remained quite as she stood to clear the table. As she began to get into her habit of placing her dish on top of her fathers dish, she noticed something.  His dish wasn't there. Confused, she glanced to her mother.

"Your father," Her mother sniffled again "He couldn't eat this morning either."

She nodded and set the lonesome dish in the sink. 

"Well, I'm off." She spoke as she strapped the backpack on her back.

"OMO!" Her mother rushed and hugged her.  This warm embrace was also breaking her morning flow. None of this was planned for Soon Bok, and she wasn't quite sure how to feel about it.

Breaking away from her mother, Soon Bok stared at her.  

"Mom....I'm leaving now." She said as she stood at the doorway.

"Alright." Her mother sniffed, waving her goodbye.

"Don't cry at work either." Soon Bok called as she was leaving out the door "They'll think you're weird....like I do."

♦ ♦ ♦

  As Soon Bok started her journey to the bus stop, she did as she would usually do on a school morning; plug in her headphones.  She would always plug in headphones, but not for the joy of listening to music, but for the pleaser of the silence that was brought with it. It wasn't as if she didn't own an Ipod or phone to listen to, but that she was purposely faking.  When people saw her with headphones in, they'd think she was busy and wouldn't talk to her.  It was perfect.

The only thing she'd really listen to would be the sound of the crunching leaves underneath her feet as she walked, or the sounds of the chirping birds on a bright sunny morning. This morning, she actually heard nothing for a change. 

"Hey!"

She kept walking. Surly nobody was talking to her. She had headphones in, so surely everyone around her would get the music.

"Hey, you!" 

She slowly turned around to see who was shouting, surely enough, someone was actually shouting to her.

"M-me?" She slowly took out her earphones.

"Then is there anyone else here to talk to?!" The guy chuckled.

Soon bok smiled shyly at the guy.  The guy who looked as if he were in his mid-twenties was standing on a porch wearing an apron.  His hair was spiked up coolly and he had a positive aura about him. She'd never seen him before, why was he talking to her for?

"Anyway," He smiled and waved harder "Goood morrrnninnngg!" He sang.

Bowing, she returned a grin "Good morning."

"Hey, neighbor, your uniform is similar to my dongsengs! We've just moved here and he's already took off for school he was so excited!"

Not knowing what to say, she just stood there and smiled. 

"So," The man kept the conversation going "I'm Hoseok, but you can also call me J-Hope."

"J....hope?"

Hoseok let out a loud laugh "That's right!" He jabbed his thumb toward himself  "I'm your hope!"

Nodding, she smiled. "Alright..."

"Yah." Another voice came from inside of Hoseoks new home "Why are you so loud in the morning! It's so annoying-"

"Yoongi, just go back inside-"

"Don't tell me what to do!" A pale male came and stood in the doorway as he rubbed his eye as if he just had woken up "You are not my mother."

"Psh, I know that.... I'm your Hope!" He laughed again.

"Aishh, would you quit with that joke. It's gotten old already- Oh, hello."

Soon Bok showed him her signature shy smile and waved her hand a tad bit. "H-Hello..."

The brown headed man turned to J-Hope. "Whose she?"

"Our new neighbor!"

New neighbor? She thought she was the one whose been living there for 17 years!  Shouldn't they be the new neighbors and not her?

"Ah, hello. I'm Yoongi. Some people call me Suga, but since I don't know you ... You can call me Suga because I already feel like I'm probably going to get to know you better."

She inwardly gasped.  What was he implying? Getting to know her better? She doubted that. She didn't want to get to know them better, she hardly wanted to know them now! All Soon bok wanted to do was get on the bus before it took off and right now, they were wasting her time.

"Yeah," J-Hope nodded "I'm sure you'll be over for dinner in no time."

She flashed another smile and looked down at her watch and up at them. 

"Thank you for the invitation, an-and I would love to talk more... but right now, I've got to catch the bus-"

"Oh! Well, go ahead!" They both bowed and she responded accordingly before rushing off.

"What did I tell you about disrupting strangers." Yoongi muttered as she left.

As she hurriedly walked ahead she could've sworn she heard the two bickering to each other about a dongseng.  She tried not to wonder to much about it and to focus on what was all around her.  The chirping birds, the leaves ruffling in the wind, the fresh dew on the grass, and even the playful squirrel  But no matter how hard she tried, her thoughts traced back to the new neighbors. 

"I'm sure you'll be over for dinner in no time?" She thought to herself.  What was that supposed to mean?

As her thoughts became more clouded and clouded, her walking pace had become slower and slower and it wasn't until she saw a puff of gas in her face that she realized-

"OMO!" She screamed "My bus!"

That was it.  That was the first time in her whole entire life that she experienced such a rush. She'd never chased after a bus before in the history of ever.  She'd always gotten there first and had to wait exactly 5 minutes for it to arrive, never the opposite way.  She didn't know how some people went for morning jogs after she experienced this.

"Ah, Thank you, and sorry." She bowed at the bus driver as she stood in the door way.  

"Wow," The bus lady grinned at her "You were late? I guess there's a first time for everything then, huh?" 

Soon Bok forced a grin back as the lady closed the door.

"Hurry and find a seat before I take off." The woman smiled.

She nodded in understanding and turned to the aisle.

"Find a seat." Ha, that's funny.  Like she didn't know where Soon Bok sat every day of every year since the first day of high school life.  She'd always sat left row, 10th seat, by the window. That was her spot, it practically had her but imprinted in it. In fact, it probably did have her but imprinted in it because the only one who ever sat in that spot was her.

As she continued walking down the aisle, nodding at familiar faces and returning small smiles, she noticed some unfamiliar faces as well. 2 of them.  One was a tall-ish boy, he had black sort of curly hair, and the other had a face that resembled a couple of idols that some of her friends had been drooling over. She only noticed them because they were sitting in the seat besides her reserved seat.

Well, apparently, Soon Bok was the only one who knew it was reserved because when she got there, she was surprised to see someone sitting there.

It was a boy wearing earphones with his head tucked away at the window, seeming to concentrate.  His hair was brown and it almost resembled an apple. His skin was tanned and his ears were pierced. She looked him up and down and noticed that instead of wearing dress shoes he wore sneakers, high tops in fact.

She wet her lips and tried to speak up.

"E-excuse me." She said with a cracked voice.

"Soon bok!" The bus driver called. "Hurry up there, girly. We'll be late!"

What did this lady think she was trying to do!? All she wanted was for this boy to get up and get out of her seat so she could sit down and pretend that everything had went normal this morning, when in fact it didn't.  Nothing was going on track.

"E-excuse me-"

"HYUNG!" The crowed haired boy sitting beside them yelled.

"Huh!? WHAT!?" The apple haird boy finally turned around and looked up. His eyes widened when he caught sight of Soon bok, he hadn't known she were standing there.

"U-um, hello." Soon Bok awkwardly waved.

Upon hearing this, the boy grinned up at her. "Good morning!" He practically sang. "Are you here to tell me that you're the one whose going to show me around school?"

Soon bok took a peep at the seemingly impatient bus driver then back at the boy in her seat.

"Actually, no." She sheepishly shook her head. "You're actually sitting in my seat."

He giggled. "Huh, how can that be? I got here first."

After that was said, she could've sworn her left eye twitched. "I got here first?" Really? She could've sworn she's been sitting in that very seat for three years. Three years. Three whole stinking years and who was he to ruin that tradition, and just waltz in and sit there like it was nothing.

"Soon bok!" The bus driver called, this time raising her tone a bit.

She spun around to meet the bus drivers gaze, but just as she was about to get scolded her bottom touched the seat unintentional.

She gasped and whipped her head around to face the apple headed boy again.  He had tugged her arm down and made her sit beside him.

"Thank you." The bus driver smiled, and before Soon Bok could even respond to the situation, the woman had put the gear into drive and was setting off for school. Great, Just her luck. Now she was stuck in the aisle seat, and she hated the aisle seat. She hated it because people would always brush past her when getting on and off the bus.

The boy just grinned at her.  His eyes were hardly visible and the face he was making made him resemble a puppy.

"I figured this way you can still sit in your spot and not get in trouble either."

She bit her lip and nodded. Only to send a message, that message being of course "I don't want to talk right now."

"So, what's so good about this seat anyway?" The boy sighed, placing his elbow on the window seal. "Just a regular old seat to me, You could've saw me here and sat somewhere else."

Yup, it was true. Soon bok's left eye was totally twitching.

"I've sat there every day for three years." She deadpanned. "It's my seat."

"Ooooh." Jimin nodded. He then shifted his whole body to face her. "Then, in this case, since I sat here without knowing that... I'm going to make sure I'm going to sit here everyday of this year."

Her eyes widened. What? Who was he to- This little.

"WHAT?" She almost yelled.

He giggled a little, then placed relaxed his neck onto his hands. "Yup, I'm going to sit here." He said while facing forward.

"Why would you do that?!" She squirmed in her seat annoyed. 

He glanced to his right a little and smirked at her worried face. He was totally getting a kick out of all of this and she noticed.

"Because," he sighed "It was destined."

Soon bok rose her eyebrows at him.  Was her crazy? Did he have some sort of issue or a 'bad boy' attire going on? Any normal person would've either said "No, sit somewhere else" or "Oh, I'm sorry, I'll sit somewhere else." but he had not only yanked her down beside himself but he'd also threatened to steal her seat.

"Wh-What?!" She questioned.

He laughed this time, his eyes disappearing once again.

"Don't you see," he beamed "It's my very first day of school here and this is your first day of the last year here. You've sat in the seat just about every day for 3 years, and on my first day, out of 30 something seats I've could've sat in, I sat in your seat."

She blinked. So what did that have to do with anything?

"It means..." He rolled his eyes as if he were reading her thoughts "that we were destined to meet, and probably be friends."

Yup, he's crazy.

"So, Hi, I'm Jimin, and I'm going to be sitting here for the rest of your life, please take care of me!" He beamed as he stook out his hand and chuckled like a little child.

Soon Bok looked at his hand then back at his face. She hadn't had a trace of life on her face and she looked at him as if she wanted to burry him 6 feet under right then and there.

"Actually," She cleared "I was running late this morning. So, I'm going to continue to use this seat.  The fact of you sitting here right now is just an un-fortunate, one-in-a-lifetime, annoying incident."

He frowned a bit and withdrew his hand. 

"Well," he smacked his lips. "Somebody is cranky."

She rolled her eyes and adjusted her backpack straps. "Whatever."

He chuckled a little "Fine, you can sit here."

She looked up at him in surprise, she hadn't thought he'd be the type to give up so quickly.

"But I'm going to sit beside you and continue conversations. We're going to be the best of friends, I can just tell!"

"...I don't think so, I hardly even talk to my mother, why would I talk to you?" She snorted.

"Because," He grinned brightly at her "I'm charming, humorous, have a happy go lucky positive attitude, I'm pretty smart..."

Soon bok audibly sighed. He was going on and on about himself, but of course he was kidding. Well, at least so she thought.

"And, on top of all of that," he rolled up one of his sleeve and stuck his arm in her face "I'm pretty darn y and charismatic if I do say so myself!" He winked.

She scoffed and tried to move his arm away from her face.

"Get your arm out of my face!"

"Go ahead, feel it!" He gloated and smacked his own muscle "It's made of 100% pure gold! I swear!"

"Jimin." She groaned and massaged her forehead, trying to get ride of the upcoming headache "I do not want to talk to you. EVER. That's the end of it."

He pouted and his ears perked up.  She sworn she'd seen a stray puppy that looked just like him.

"But, you've talked to me this whole ride to school." 

"What?" She glanced out the window and he was right.  She and he had been talking this whole way and they were already pulling up to the side walk.  She couldn't believe it.  All this time she could've spent sitting in silence, was actually spent listening to this new kid run his mouth.

"Great." She dead panned and adjusted her bag.  Today was just going by perfectly.

As soon as she heard the bus doors open, Soon Bok was the first one to stand up and rush toward the front.  Hopefully, once she got into the school everything would be exactly the same as it used to be.  She could open her locker, hang her lunchbox on the hook, close the door, and head off to her first class. Everything would be the way she liked it.

Wrong.

"Hey, Hey you! Wait up! I didn't catch your name!" She heard Jimin call as she got off the bus.

"Doesn't matter." She grumbled, hopefully loud enough for him to hear "I'm never going to talk to you again. That's a promise."

And with those final words, Soon Bok  rushed inside and left a dumbfounded Jimin standing beside and unloading bus.

"Hyung," the tall crow headed boy stood beside Jimin "What was that all about?"

Jimin just stood there and smiled at the scene of the quiet girl rushing inside.

"Yeah, why didn't you just get out of her seat. You didn't have to cause a scene." Another boy agreed.

Laughing to himself, Jimin beamed and wrapped his arms around the two boys and winked at them.

"Relax," he spoke playfully "I'm just making friends here. I have a feeling that I'm actually going to like this school."

The other boys just exchanged concerned looks.

"Hyung, I beg a differ!" The tall boy voiced ."Nobody likes you, because you are a small baby sized loser! Ha!" The latter then scuffled up Jimin's apple shaped head and bolted off into the crowd before Jimin had the chance to react.

All Jimin could do was stand their stunned, clenching his fists. "Aish, that freaking JEON JUNGKOOOKKK!!!!"

Soon, Jimin's glare disintegrated as he took note of the amount of eyes that were glued on him.

"Ah-ha," He scratched the back of his neck. "Sorry." He apologized to the students.

"Yeah," the remaining boy rolled his eyes "That's going to make people like you. Good going captain friendship."

"Aish!" Jimin shot him a glare "Shut-up, Taehyung."

"Or should I call you, Captain Failship." The boy continued as they both begun walking towards the entrance.

"Stop."

"Because every ship you guide ends up sinking."

"Quit it, Taehyung."

"Seriously," The boy wrinkled his nose. "It always sinks in the worst possible way. When you think 'oh, the boats got a leak, let's just fix it' BOOM! A shark comes flying onto the poop deck and eats the only one who knows how to repair it, leaving behind a gory mess that needs to be cleaned up."

Jimin continued to give Taehyung a dirty look.

"And then, once you've gotten another sailor attempting fixing the leak and one moping away the blood. BAM! A storm hits and electrocutes them both. You only had four sailors, total Jimin. Only four people wanted to work for you, and three of them just died, And if you think that's bad, the only other sailor you've got left gets decapitated by a cannon ball shot by a pirate ship off in the distance that you hadn't noticed. But, honestly, that sailor was contemplating suicide anyways."

Taehyung got more and more engrossed in his own fictional story.

"And you know how you die? Jimin? You know how you die?" He finally faced the boy who just blinked back at him. "You die alone.  You drown. The boat sinks, the shark swims away, The pirates ignore you because you're useless anyway, and you just float in the water all helpless screaming for someone to help you, but you know the truth. The truth is, nobodies going to help you, because nobody likes you. You're just a helpless body swimming the deep dark ocean, kicking your legs for no reason, and end the end, you drown. You die all alone."

Jimin blinks at the boy. "V?" 

"Huh?" The boy answers to his nickname.

", you." Jimin walks away and enters the school, leaving the confused boy alone.

"Hey!" Taehyung cried behind him. "Captain Failship, Wait for me!!!"

 

 A/N 
Thank-You so much for reading! (and hopefully subscribing!)
I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and I'm sorry if this one seemed a bit boring, or slow.  Was it too much of a filler?
This fic should be about 5 chapters long, so prepare yourselves for an upcoming ending.