The boy she saw on a rainy day

Hidden Dancing Shoes

The dark clouds covered the sky and the gray rain drops fell like a strong arrow piercing it's way through the clouds.Dad was driving angrily,as usual he had a bad day at work and mom was on and on about how annoying her new customer at the nail shop is. I was at the back seat playing with Dorothy my small blonde doll. Mom always said that she looked like me even though Dorothy had blonde hair and blue eyes while I had thick brown hair and black eyes.
It was a scary day, somehow I felt scared it was like something terrifying was going to happen,and it did. To save a lost puppy on the road my dad turned the car and crashed it in the nearest tree.

Both my parents died in that accident and I was left with my disabled legs.Now isn't it all like a melodramatic movie? Well sometimes fairytales do come true, I m not talking about the fairytale where Cinderella leaves her shoe and the prince searches all over the world for her, or how sleeping beauty wakes up from a kiss. Neither did I have a mean stepmother nor a bunch of little fairy friends but I did have a prince charming.

He was my prince Sehun,my childhood friend whose parents were kind enough to take me in as their own after my parents died.When I say prince I dont mean the one that Cinderella will eventually  marry in the end but a prince who protected his family. I was his family and Sehun was my brother. We weren't blood related but we had a strong bond between us and to clear any misunderstandings, Sehun never had a secret crush on me or anything he already had a beautiful girlfriend who was a at times but I knew deep inside she was actually really sweet and caring...sometimes,if I count that one time when she dragged my wheelchair all the way to the breakfast table because I was tired to do so.
"I couldn't see the T.V thanks to your wheelchair", but I always thought of her as some one who can't really express their feelings well.

I couldn't walk,like never and doctors said it was because I had lost all hope in myself and since I didn't have the passion to walk again I couldn't do it,honestly I lost all confidence in myself living and breathing everyday became annoying, even though I had people who loved me around, I still longed for something else...I just didn't know what, but my life was never depressing not even once. I didn't go to school because I never wanted to be the odd one out but Sehun taught me alot about what he studied and living the life I was living then was enough for me. It was all fine but as long as it doesn't rain, because when it did it was like those sharp knife like rain drops would pierce through me. It was psychiatric problem,since I lost my parents on a rainy day.I always hated rain...until one night.


 



"Hey Kai,hurry up man or we gonna be late for the dance class again" shouted Yixing my chinese friend while dragging his bag all the way to the end of the hall. 
"Wait up dude, there's still like 10 minuted left." I panted hard trying to catch up to him. 
"Well you dont wanna miss the y ballerinas now do you?" 
"God you ert, we didn't even get to see their underwears last time thanks to D.O's lecture on ual harrassment" I gave Yixing a are-you-in-your-right-mind look but he was too lost to notice.

Even though I had a bunch of erted friends and a rich parents who never gave a damn about me (yes there are parents like that in the world), I still enjoyed my life the way it was...maybe because I had dancing in it. The little studio where I always went with my gang and the small coffee shop across to it where I always had breakfast. I had a dream to be a performer one day..to stand on the stage infront of million of people and tell a story through my dance.


My life was going to go that way just fine...until one night.

 



It was the month of december and it rained heavily, while for others umberella was like a uniform in Kai's case, he enjoyed rain. To him it was like a god's gift and he believed that they shouldn't try to cover it with umberellas.
Naturally across the old coffee shop he spread his arms and closed his eyes trying to listen to the music made by the rain drops. He listened to the soft beat of the rain falling on the coffee shop's roof, each drop had a different sound and the more he felt it, his body started reacting automatically to the soft music and he started dancing,creating his own moves.
While others just stopped and thought of him as some one insane, there was just one person in all those judgemental bunch of people who felt a new feeling inside of her.
While Sehun was busy ordering coffee Jane was out waiting when she felt the first drop of rain fall on her. She wanted to scream and cry, the scenes of past event started replaying in her mind, but it all just vanished when she saw...him.


 



He was amazing, I just saw him and it felt like I knew everything about him. They way he moved it was all magical. He didn't care about what others thought. He did what he wanted to,unlike me.
I wanted to dance like him, I wanted to walk...I wanted to be average.

A tear drop fell from my eye but soon the rain vanished it. Slowly people started leaving and it was just me left, watching him with tears in my eyes. I didn't even know why I was crying but I guess I locked up alot that my heart didn't have space to hold more feelings. Suddenly he stopped, but I was in my own world to know that.

He looked at me and our eyes met, he was breathtakingly handsome. Looking at him was like I found that missing puzzle piece I was searching for.
We just stayed there looking at eachother, everything just stopped around me and I just wanted to get lost in his eyes. He was trying to tell a story..something sad and horrible. I wanted to know,I wanted to stay. I wanted to get to know him.


 



December 2nd, the day when I saw her...she was the first person my eyes landed on. She was beautiful, but then I looked down at her legs, pity; was what I felt for her. I could never imagine living life like that.

What made her this way, why was God so cruel to such a beautiful girl. Her eyes told a story...something she wanted to let out. I could see her tears, I knew she was crying...but why?
Without even knowing I walked towards her.

"Oh my god Jane! I'm so sorry it was crowded coffee took long and Jessica called me, you know how she can be, Are you ok? I'm so sorry lets just get you out of this rain..don't worry nothing will happen I'm with you" a tall boy with blonde hair kept worrying about her, was he her boyfriend?
but her eyes never left mine.
I wanted to reach her and talk to her, but the tall blonde boy dragged her wheelchair out of my sight.
I was mesmerized by her...and thats when I first fell in love with a girl who I knew nothing about, with a girl who could never share the same passion as I did, with a girl who carried an unknown past.