Musician's Love

Musician's Love

"Kyu! KyuKyuKyuKyuKyu!"

KyuHyun smiled to himself when he heard the slightly high-pitched voice. He turned around and as he expected, he saw his crush, SungMin, who was bouncing up and down while running towards him. KyuHyun chuckled as SungMin hopped into KyuHyun's embrace, totally resembling a bunny. "Yo, Min. What's up?"

SungMin stumbled a bit to regain his balance(with KyuHyun's help). SungMin looked up at his best friend who was regrettably taller than him with a spark in his eyes. "Kyu! Mr. Lee just told me that I could join this famous music program! You know, the one that has a blue logo..." SungMin was beaming the whole time, trying his best not to continue bouncing.

"You mean 'SM-Program' ?" KyuHyun guessed accurately. SungMin nodded excitedly. KyuHyun grabbed his best friend's head to prevent it from falling off. "Ah, I see. Well, good luck then," KyuHyun flashed an honest smile, even though he couldn't help but feel a sharp stab in his heart, knowing that his best friend is going to go somewhere that posh without---

"What are you saying? Kyu, you're coming with me, of course! How could I do it alone? Besides, the entry stated that only a team consisting of a voilinist and a pianist are allowed to join the program, and I obviously can't play those two instruments at once~"

----Awwwww. Cho KyuHyun, how could you have doubted your boyfriend best friend?

"Right. So who's playing which instrument then?" KyuHyun asked, not really caring what SungMin's answer would be. All he wanted was to spend some quality time with his crush. SungMin placed a finger on his lips for a while, then he looked up at KyuHyun again. His smiled widened and he was about to say something when someone bumped into him, causing SungMin to lean his whole body on KyuHyun.

"YAH! CAN YOU NOT STAND IN THE MIDDLE OF THE CORRIDOR?!" A deep voice complained loudly. KyuHyun, hiding his blush like a master, pulled SungMin to the side. "Sorry," KyuHyun muttered thankfully. Man, he almost hugged that guy from happiness for causing the intimacy between him and SungMin.

"YeSunggie! Don't shout at them!" A sweet voice whispered. The guy who bumped into SungMin looked at his friend who was panicking like crazy. Then, he raised an eyebrow. "Why not? They blocked our way," The guy, YeSung, asked patiently. "B-But, they're the school's top musicians!"

YeSung turned and shot a blank stare at KyuHyun and SungMin, who were still hugging. "I don't know them, RyeoWookie-ah," YeSung furrowed his eyebrows, trying to recall whether he had seen the couple-like boys before. Before the smaller guy, RyeoWook, could start panicking again, a shining ligtbulb suddenly appeared on top of YeSung's head. "Ah, I know them. They performed for the winter concert last year," RyeoWook sighed at his best friend's stupidity.

Meanwhile, KyuHyun and SungMin's eyes almost popped out when the animated light bulb suddenly appeared from thin air. "Kyu, how did that happen?" SungMin whispered, honestly curious. KyuHyun looked down and gave a short, humorless laugh: "Ha, I don't know either..."

"You guys were great in the winter concert! You guys should play at the SM-program's concerts sometime!" YeSung smiled warmly at KyuHyun and SungMin. "U-um...we are, actually. Mr. Lee just told me about it," SungMin replied, recovering from the shock of seeing an animated light bulb appearing in real life. "Ah, I see. Well then, good luck! I'll be attending the concert, so make sure to play well! Bye~" YeSung waved to KyuHyun and SungMin who bowed gratefully. "Come on, Wookie. Let's go." YeSung motioned for his best friend to follow him. RyeoWook followed YeSung's lead, but not before apologizing to the musical geniuses for YeSung's weird mood swings.


Currently, KyuHyun and SungMin were sitting at a small glass table located in the front part of the school's large music room.

"So it's decided that I will play the violin and you will take the piano." KyuHyun stated calmly as SungMin nodded and started to fill up the form his music teacher, Mr. Lee, gave him. KyuHyun then stood up from his seat and walked over to the corner where the violins were being kept. He chose a violin and made sure that the strings and bow are still new and usable.

Meanwhile, SungMin has finished filling up the form. He left it on the glass table as his music teacher instructed him to. After that, SungMin went over to the white main piano that was located in the middle of the room and started to play a short tune. Soon enough, KyuHyun started to play the violin and all the students who heard the beautiful harmony stopped talking and started to listen instead. Before long, the whole school has become quiet and peaceful as everyone strained to hear the wonderful melody.

When KyuHyun and SungMin were done with the short song, they smiled at each other, silently happy for another job well done. "What song are we going to play, Min?" SungMin pondered for a while. "I have quite a lot of ideas...but how 'bout you? Do you have a specific song in mind?"

KyuHyun nodded and replied in a serious tone, "Well, SM-program's large-scaled concerts usually have a large audience that includes people with and without musical knowledge, so why don't we play something...easier? Something famous and fun, so everyone can enjoy the music equally."

"Wow, you're such a genius, Kyu!" SungMin exclaimed. "Hah. You just realized?" KyuHyun smirked at his best friend who started to pout. He chuckled and ruffled SungMin's fluffy brown hair. "Just kidding. So what song should we play? There's quite a few famous pieces..." Upon hearing KyuHyun's sentence, SungMin's face brightened and he sat up straight. "I know! How 'bout something that even kids know about? Like, like Ode to Joy!"

KyuHyun's smiled just grew wider. "Sure. Why not? And maybe we could even sing along to the music. I'm sure they wouldn't mind providing us with a few microphones." SungMin nodded and dashed to complete the last part of the form. After that, the two best friends started to compose and modify the classical song.


"The next team is: Cho Kyu Hyun and Lee Sung Min from SJ high. Please welcome them with a round of applause."

KyuHyun and SungMin silently walked towards the stage where the instruments they had to play for the night was placed on. After KyuHyun and SungMin got ready with their mics and instruments, SungMin spoke into his mic. "Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. Tonight, my partner KyuHyun and I, Lee SungMin, will be playing the famous classical song tittled 'Ode to Joy'. The lyrics will be presented on this slideshow here, as you can see. We would be glad if you could sing along."

Once the lights dimmed and the spotlight was on the duo, SungMin started to play the piano. After a few seconds, KyuHyun smoothly joined in. The perfect melody filled the audience's ears, making all of them relax and silent. Once the lyrics apeared on the slideshow, KyuHyun and SungMin started singing. The audience's jaws almost dropped when they heard the beautiful voices that complemented the song well. After recovering from shock, one of the children seating at the front row started to sing along. In a matter of seconds, the whole hall was filled with different voices mixed together, creating an atmosphere and harmony that was so perfect that it could almost pass as a simple dream.

When the song finished, the audience gave a standing ovation. Some adults even started to cry while watching the children who cheered energetically. KyuHyun and SungMin stood up and bowed gratefully. After bowing, the hall was filled with excited murmurs and SungMin off his microphone. SungMin didn't seem to notice that KyuHyun was adjusting his own mic while the audience watched him intently. SungMin jumped when KyuHyun's smooth voice suddenly boomed through the speakers.

"Sorry everyone, but please listen to me. I have something important to say. Min, you did a really good job. The audience here seemed to love our performance. If they don’t, then let me be the one to tell you that you were fantastic." At this, KyuHyun turned to look at the smiling bunny-like man next to him. "For five long years since I’ve known you, I have loved you and I still do. *Inhales* I know you won’t love me back, but just believe me when I say I’ll always be with you whenever and wherever you need me,”

SungMin and everyone who was present gasped. "Ladies and gentlemen, SungMin, I know that you might feel disgusted because I love you for more than a friend, but I figured that I needed to get these feelings out someday. Min...you don't have to answer me now. If you're going to reject me, then please just don't answer me at all."

KyuHyun bowed to the audience, then turned around to bow to SungMin. Once he was done, he silently turned around and descended down the stage with his head hung low.

All this time, the audience were watching closely, wondering how SungMin would react. Before KyuHyun's feet reached the carpeted floor, SungMin screamed: "YAH! CHO KYUHYUN, STAY THERE!" KyuHyun turned around once again to face SungMin with a bewildered expression. SungMin ran towards KyuHyun and hugged him as tightly as he could.

After taking the microphone from KyuHyun's shaking hands, SungMin spoke: "Dear audience and the producers of tonight’s musical event, I’m really sorry for the inconvenience, but please, just once, let me play a short song for my friend here. It’s really short and I really need to play this. Forgive me!" SungMin grabbed KyuHyun's wrist and pulled him towards the stage once again. He forced KyuHyun to sit down on the piano seat. SungMin sat beside KyuHyun and he started to play the short song he stated earlier.

Again, SungMin sang along, and the hall was quiet once again.

"Standing at the intersection of the crossroads, where do I go? My only wish is to turn back...

Other than the umbrella you gave me, I don't have any other excuse to possess anything that's yours.

You can relate that I have my own rainy days, even when I'm occasionally feeling scared, you will sympathize with me...

During all those heavy rains in the past, I suddenly realized who the person that can relate with my own rainy days is.

I'd prefer to go back to your side, and though my footsteps are getting slower,

I'm determined.

However, you are getting farther and farther away..."

This time, the audience focused on KyuHyun who sat like a solid rock. SungMin was leaning his back onto KyuHyun's back while singing, his voice filled with emotions. It was obvious that the song was supposed to continue on, but SungMin ended it with a smooth voice.

"Cho KyuHyun, my best friend for five years in a row, it's your turn to listen to me now. I heard a Chinese song playing three years ago and I liked it. I searched for the translation and I found that the beginning of the song kind of resembled my feelings for you. And somehow I found myself jotting down the translation, changing it slightly. When it was done, I was surprised to find out that I actually...love you. At first I tried to deny it, because I, too, also thought that you wouldn't love me back. I have never planned to confess, but because of your confession earlier, I seem to have gathered enough courage to confess my feelings as well. Cho Kyu Hyun, I love you too," SungMin confessed, his voice filled with sincerity.

KyuHyun's eyes widened and his lips were parted. He was dumbfounded. However, he quickly recovered from shock and turned his body slightly so he could back-hug his now-lover. KyuHyun leaned closer and pressed his lips onto SungMin's plump ones.

When they finally parted, both KyuHyun and SungMin stood up to face the crowd. They intertwined their hands and stared at their feet, preparing themselves for the "EWW, THIS IS DISGUSTING!" from the audience, but minutes passed and only incoherent mumbles were heard. SungMin slowly placed KyuHyun's microphone on the piano seat and they were about to leave the stage when everyone, from the audience to the producers stood up and clapped loudly. People whistled and cheered. They laughed and cried. After the initial excitement, everyone started to send words of congratulations to the new found couple.

KyuHyun and SungMin were taken by surprise. They didn't think that everyone would be so supportive. Once they regained back their composure, the KyuMin couple walked off the stage with happy smiles plastered on their faces.

A few minutes passed and the MC took control of the stage again, trying to continue with the show. "That was really sweet, guys. But we still have a few teams left, so let's proceed!"

When the show ended, the MC did the closing and the audience got up and was about to leave when the founder of the SM-Program, Mr. Lee Soo Man, walked to the stage and grabbed the microphone.

"Ladies and gentlemen, if you can spare a few more moments, then please stay. I would like to thank you all once again for attending tonight's concert."

Everyone was gaping like fishes when Mr. Lee spoke. They were surprised because Mr. Lee was known to be a quiet man who didn't quite like to be in public. So when he suddenly spoke up, everyone kept quiet and listened.

"I feel that ending this concert in such a boring and formal fashion would not do justice to the sweet couple who had finally decided to confess their love earlier. Due to that, I'll end this concert with a few final words. To Mr. Cho Kyu Hyun and Mr. Lee Sung Min, I would like to congratulate the both of you and I hope that from now on, you shall continue to stay by each other's side and share a happy ending together. That's all from me, good night to everyone!"

As expected, everyone clapped and KyuMin started to tear up in happiness. They exchanged hugs and smiles with Mr. Lee, as well as the other humans who filled up the whole hall.

And thus, dear readers, the KyuMin couple lived happily, ever, after.

~The End~