Photo Shoot

The Life of a Nerdy Idol

  The ride in the car wasn't that long and thankfully no one could see inside, or Donghae would have plenty of fangirls on his hands. It wasn't that he didn't like them, he loved his fans, they were just too much sometimes. In his fanmail, one girl, or boy, he couldn't quite remember, sent him a peice of their hair! He was very much surprised to find that in one of his packages. Thinking about this he stared out the window at the passing trees and pedestrians. All of them were heading somewhere, be it the grocery store or the school to pick up their children. Either way, they didn't have to keep up with hiding secrets and lying to others. It was just one of the few things Donghae missed from his old life. He still loved being an idol though, it was fun to meet new people and travel to different places. Plus, the money helped his family so he continued working.

 Shaking the thoughts away he finally noticed the car had stopped. Only for it to start moving again as they had just stopped at a red light. Rolling his eyes, as he thought they were already there, he pulled his phone out of his pocket and unlocked the screen. It was one of the newest phones on the market so it worked really fast and had many features other phones wouldn't have until later. He pressed the camera button and held the phone up, puffing out his cheeks and putting up a peace sign for the camera. After taking a picture he moved to his twitter account, adding words before posting it online. 'Going to a photo shoot. Wich me luck! ^^' 

 Making sure his sunglasses were sitting properly on his face he put his phone away and watched as they turned a corner. Soon, he could see they were coming upon a park, that was where they would filming the photo shoot. Smiling to himself, the car stopped and he took off his seatbelt. He took his sunglasses off as he exited the car and shut it behind him. A crisp, cool wind blew through his hair and his white v-neck. His driver pulled away to park somewhere else while he walked onto the set. 

 "Ah!" said a man, a little to loudly as Donghae cringed. "Glad you could make it Donghae-ssi!" The man, was none other, than the very 'eccentric' photographer, Kim Heechul. He was famous in the music industry for making idols more famous than before. Donghae found the man to just be weird though. It wasn't even his choice if he wanted to work with him, his company chose where he went. He didn't mind working with Heechul though. Heechul was a much happier person in the industry than most photgraphers. Until he got angry that was. This was Donghae;s first time working with him so hopefully nothing would go wrong.

 "Me as well." Donghae said in that voice every girl in the country swooned over. Holding his sunglasses in his hands, Heechul went over the details of the photo shoot with him. A few fet away was the set he'd be posing on. Half of the pictures would be taken in the park, while the other half would be taken at the studio. The studio was Heechul's where he would edit the pictures and take some in the other rooms. Personally, Donghae had only been there once so he could see what it was like. He didn't get a chance to explore the rooms though. 

 Then, he was suddenly grabbed by the arm by one of the female workers and dragged into a trailer. The trailer was filled with clothes, accessories, shoes, and make-up. Everything you would need for a photo shoot. Plus some props at the choosing of Heechul himself. The clothes racks were filled with many different styles, ranging from leather to pastels by just moving your eyes. What was the theme anyways!? Donghae was never told as the lady pulled him hard and pushed him down into one of the chairs lining one side of the trailer. He was now sitting in front of a mirror with those big, Hollywood stlye lights surrounding it. The light made him look better than normal but before he could focus on his image in the smoot surface she started doing his make up. He closed his eyes quickly as he felt her hands move across his face. Donghae was used to things moving this fast so he didn't really mind and listened intently as she started talking quickly.

 "Okay Donghae-ssi." she said as she moved the brush across his face. "The theme of the photo shoot is being a bad boy. Mr. Kim says it will boost your ratings about 6.5% and will land you another spot in the upcoming music awards." Quickly setting the brush on the table, Donghae tried to open his eyes, only to keep them closed as he felt her hands near his eyes again. "As I'm sure you know, we'll shoot one half here, in the sun, and then the other half will take place tomorrow at the studio. Hopefully you'll have time to get this make up off completely before them." After she said that she put whatever she had grabbed before on the table and walked away to grab his costume for the shoot.

 Oping his eyes, Donghae looked into the mirror to see someone who looked almost completely different. His eyes were slightly lined with lack but just a bit, his lips were a littler darker red, not in a lipstick sort of way, and his eyes were darker looking. Perhaps it was because of the lighting or the mak up but he could see how the image was coming together. Though he didn't like the idea of dressing up as a 'bad boy' it was something for his job so he would do it. Standing up from the chair, clothes were suddenly thrown into his hands and he was pushed behind a curtain, used for a dressing room. 

 "You get changed Donghae-ssi. I'll be out so you can do that." the woman said before she exited the trailer with a clang of the door.

 "Ah...thank you." Donghae said as the door already shut. He didn;t even get a chance to thank her. Sighing and shaking his head, he set the clothes on a rack in the make-shift room and started removing his shirt. As he did this he though about his school life. His idol life was much more different. They were complete and total opposites. Pulling his pants on, his thoughts drifted to a certain someone. He seemed to be invading Donghae's thoughts a lot lately though he didn't know why. Shaking his his head, Donghae tried to brush the thoughts away, He needed to focus on the task at hand. Grabbing the jacket he opened the curtain and pulled it over his arms. Then, he walked to the tall mirror to the side of the dressing room and stared at his reflection in the mirror. Yup. H elooked like an idiot. At least, that was in his opinion, not his fan's or Heechul's for that matter.

 Sighing to himself, he adjusted the sleeves on his jacket and made his way to door of the trailer. Even though everything was going by so fast, he guessed it was good that way. Then he could get home to his umma and they could watch dramas together like before. Opening the door he walked out, only to have Heechul right in front of his face. He almost screamed like a girl but held it in and followed the man with his eyes as he inspected Donghae's outfit. 

 "It's perfect!" he suddenly yelled and Donghae let out a breath he didn't know he was holding in the first place. The he was suddenly dragged, again, towards the set for the pictures. It was a grayish-black background with blood red roses scattering the floor. The background was made of clothe that rippled in the wind. Heechul thought it just added to the effect though and moved Doghae onto the set. "Okay Donghae-ssi. Just pose like a say, and this will be over in a few hours." At the sound of a few hours Donghae groaned internally. He would be at this park for hours, in these clothes!? All he did on the outside was nod though and watch as Heechul stepped back behind the camera. "Let's get started then!" he yelled and all the lights aurrounding the backdrop were on. Donghae could see a few girls start pointing and giggling to each other as they walked closer to the set. Feeling confident, he smirked into the camera and got to work.


First Chapter! *dances around* Yay! ^^ I hope you like it and I guess you know who's invading Donghae's thought! XD Anyways, the next chapter will be longer and I hoed you like this one! It was sort of an insight of Donghae's idol life.