I am my hair

As Free As My Hair

 

For Kibum’s solo he decided he would sing Lady Gaga’s Hair and Judas. He was backstage in the dressing room putting on his outfit. He had put on his black skinny jeans and his shirt, he leaned down and tied up his shoes. His heart pounding in his chest, Kibum took a deep breathe in.

"It’s okay Kibum, you can do this" He whispered to himself trying to calm himself down. He stood up and grabbed his leather sleeveless jacket that has studs on it and put it on. He looked into the mirror and decided he would wear a bandanna, he picked up a black bandanna with a white pattern on it. Kibum put the bandanna to his forehead and tied it at the back, he looked in the mirror once more and decided to tussle up his hair. His dark brown fringe hanging over the mirror, he picked up the hair spray and sprayed his hair with it making it stiff so it would move.

"Key, you have 1 minutes and then you’re on" A voice called from the door, Kibum nodded and replied with an "Okay"

Kibum walked out onto stage and the music started playing. "This is it" He thought.

Whenever I'm dressed cool my parents put up a fight

Uh huh uh huh
And if I'm hot shot, mom will cut my hair at night
And in the morning I'm short of my identity

Uh huh uh huh
I scream, "Mom and dad, why can't I be who I wanna be, to be?"

The crowd cheered as he sung their SHINee light sticks waving in the air. He used his prop gun and put it to his head as he sung more of the lyrics.

I just wanna be myself and I want you to love
Me for who I am
I just wanna be myself and I want you to know
I am my hair

I've had enough, this is my prayer
That I'll die livin' just as free as my hair
I've had enough, this is my prayer
That I'll die livin' just as free as my hair

Kibum poured his heart into the song, using his prop gun some more, he took off his studded leather jacket and put his hands together making it look like he was praying.

I've had enough, I'm not a freak
I just keep fightin' to stay cool on the streets
I've had enough, enough, enough
And this is my prayer, I swear

The other SHINee members where next to the stage behind the curtains watching Key sing his heart out. They knew he was gay from the very start even if Kibum didn’t tell them. They had grins across their faces, proudness was swelling in their chests. They were happy and most of all after a few years of fake smiles, obvious outfits and a lot of leather Kibum was happy. They were all sure that this song was Kibum’s coming out song and everyone would know it and Kibum would be free to be himself.

I'm as free as my hair
I'm as free as my hair
I am my hair
I am my hair

Free as my hai-ai-air
Hai-ai-air, hair
Free as my hai-ai-air
Hai-ai-air, hai-ai-air

The other SHINee members were right it was the day Kibum became truly free.