Home (3/3)

Sandcastle

I love you, Princess’

 

‘I love you too, silly’

 

____________________

 

 

“We will find your children, Mr. Do, Mr. Kim.” Jongdae leans more to the door, the police officer’s voice echoes through. “Even if the chance of them surviving is near to zero, we will find them.”

 

Sighing heavily, he retreated back to walk along the hallway. He stopped right before the window, staring at the view outside. The snow has started to fall since the day before. Unconsciously he stared at the taller guy next to him who has just come, having the same stressed face. Oh Sehun, the only real friend Jongin and Kyungmi has.

 

“Do you think they’re still alive, Jongdae hyung?” Sehun whispered. “Do you think they survived?”

 

Jongdae keeps his mouth shut. He wants to believe that his brother is still alive, waiting for him out there, but he couldn’t help to feel that he had lost him too. He’s in a dilemma, if he should be rational and just assume for the worst or being overly optimistic and just consider that Jongin is still out there, looking for help.

 

“No matter if he’s still alive, or dead,” Jongdae says gently, still looking at the white flakes floating down gracefully, “at least he’s with Kyungmi.”

 

Sehun bites back his tears. “Yeah.”

 

At least they have each other.

 

____________________

 

 

Sunlight bathes his already tan skin, eyes squinting by the gleams of the ocean, shining under the skies.

 

He watched the girl not so far in front of him giggled as she scoops another amount of sands into a tiny bucket before she put it on the masterpiece she has been working at. Like him who only wears dark green short, she also wears a proper outfit for summer. The hem of her pink flowery mini dress slightly rolled up, revealing her pale white thighs.

 

Laughing at how cute she is, he approached her, skipping his way. The girl looked up at him, grinning widely.

 

“I feel so stupid building this,” she cheekily grinned as she gestured over the sandcastle, “I should’ve asked Kyungsoo oppa to build it for me instead. It looks so ugly.”

 

“Yeah, I can see that.” he commented nonchalantly.

 

Before she could retort back, a chirpy sound beats her to it. “Mommy!! Daddy!!”

 

He grins as he stretched his arms wide, welcoming his little son into his embrace. The little boy jumped over him, circling his tiny hands right away over his father’s neck.

 

“Jongsoo, where is your uncle?” she stood up to kiss her son’s cheek.

 

“There he is! Uncle Soo!” he pointed with his chubby cheek.

 

A guy approached them, milky white skin gleams under the sun light. His hair is jet black, styled in a messy short cut. His owl-like eyes are covered with a sunglass. Plump lips smirked as he stops right in front of his younger sister, looking at the sandcastle beneath.

 

“Helpless as ever, Kyungmi?” he grinned, soft voice trembles like a harmony.

 

“Yep, oppa, so you have to help me to build this thing. I can’t handle it anymore.” Kyungmi sighed exasperatedly, flailing her arms in process.

 

“Don’t worry, mommy!!” Jongsoo pipes in. “I will help you!”

 

Jongin laughed in amusement over his son. The little guy is too cute sometimes.

 

“Jongin, where have you been? How dare you to leave your wife alone here, building a failure?” Kyungsoo jokingly protested at his brother in law.

 

“Aw. I am not offended. Thank you.”

 

“Chill down, Princess.” Jongin winked at his wife. Then he stared at his son. “Jongsoo, can you go with Uncle Soo first to the house? Your grandmother has been waiting for you.”

 

“But I have to help mommy first!”

 

“Daddy will help her, don’t worry.”

 

“Come on, champion,” Kyungsoo said as he gestured his hands for Jongsoo to hop in, “we’ll see your granny first.”

 

Watching Kyungsoo walking further with Jongsoo on his arms, Kyungmi grinned unconsciously. Her mother is inside, waiting for them with bowls of patbingsu ready to be devoured. She sighs dreamily. Summer is really a great season.

 

She’s home. He’s home. They are home.

 

“Just the two of us again.”Jongin whispered seductively, nuzzling his nose on the crook of her exposed neck.

 

“You and your ert self again.” Kyungmi commented back, not holding back her amused face.

 

“Only for you, though.” Jongin grinned. “It’s wonderful here.”

 

The silence emerges after that, a comfortable one. Sound of waves crashing against the shore blends with the noisy summer breeze and the melodious chirps of the birds above. Kyungmi smiled widely over the skies, before she turned her attention to Jongin. “Do you remember our conversation, when I said I know a place where we will never feel let down again?”

 

Reciprocating the smile, Jongin wraps his arms around his wife from the back, resting his chin on her shoulder. “The place where we can build sandcastles,”

 

“I’ll be the queen and you’ll be my king,” she hums.

 

“Like beach.” he added again.

 

“Paradise!” she chirped, hands stretching out to gesture around, the silver ring on her finger shines. “Don’t you agree?”

 

Paradise, as in the place where no one will bother them anymore?

 

Jongin chuckled at his cute Queen who’s tilting her head towards his face, before he captured her lips in a long, sweet kiss. “Yep, paradise.” he said in when they break the kiss, only to seal it again.

 

Paradise, as in the place where they could be together forever in eternity.

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

 

I ing told ya

*sobs on the pavement*

*clutches on Jongdae's shirt*